McGhee bitter ? or just nursing regrets ?

CJGJ

Trying to convince himself that his team was better today -------

'McGhee went on to say he feels his team are currently at a higher level than their Tynecastle rivals.

"We did expect to win, we do expect to win. I think we should have won this game," he said.

I'm still convinced at this moment in time that we're better than Hearts

Motherwell manager Mark McGhee

"It's a good result for them because I'm still convinced at this moment in time that we're better than Hearts.

"Clearly they've got a manager who has galvanised them and they're going to be a decent team this season.

"But I would like to play them again next week and I would still take my team against them.

"If we play as well as that and defend a bit better then we could get a good result against Aberdeen at home next week."

Think you'll need to work harder than that Mark -- hope you had a good look around at 'what you could have won' :)

Well I was watching a completely differenct game from McGhee then. I thought Motherwell looked a shadow of last season's team.

Hearts shaded the first half and were completely dominant in the second up to the last ten minutes. If we had taken our chances we would have had the game sown up by the 55th minute.

We are miles away from where we want to be and will have some better players coming in soon, that was supposedly as McGhee is alluding to Motherwell as a better, more developed, together team!!!!!!. Well if that is the case I would be worried if I was a Motherwell fan.

scott herbertson

Given that we didn't have Obua, Aguiar, Neilsen, Glen, Nade(fit), Rueben available, I think he is toiling with that argument. That was Motherwell's best chance to beat us and they blew it

Broxburn Jambo

'McGhee went on to say he feels his team are currently at a higher level than their Tynecastle rivals.

"We did expect to win, we do expect to win. I think we should have won this game," he said.

"It's a good result for them because I'm still convinced at this moment in time that we're better than Hearts.

"Clearly they've got a manager who has galvanised them and they're going to be a decent team this season.

"But I would like to play them again next week and I would still take my team against them.

"If we play as well as that and defend a bit better then we could get a good result against Aberdeen at home next week."

Think you'll need to work harder than that Mark -- hope you had a good look around at 'what you could have won' :)

Whats he gonna do? bet his 1982 Panini world cup stickers on it? FFS grow up you ****

Travesty had we not won that. First to everything and, barring Juho's howler, in complete control of the game.

Travesty had we not won that. First to everything and, barring Juho's howler, in complete control of the game.

Exactly.

Motherwell competed but that's about it. It's not like Banks had tons of saves to make or Well missed loads of sitters.

MackaysCentreSpot

So which is it Mark, you expect to win or you could win.

You can't have both.

jackjambo22

He's just found his partners new born isn't his, has to rage at someone/body;)

Hearts deserved to win today, end of :)

What a nutsack.

Motherwell were barely in our half in the second half until Juho gifted them a goal.

I wouldn't mind playing them every week. We'd win the sodding league if we did.

Csaba's Broon Shoes

McGhee has a point although he has had a full season to develop his team

tactics and gameplan . They have already peaked as a team .

Csaba has only had a few weeks to work with his team , we are miles away

from how we want to play .

Today we gave the ball away too cheaply in the second half '' Makela ,

Thompson ''

Motherwell looked assured in possesion without any real threat

From where I was sitting, we deserved our win, start of the second half we should have finished them off.

Makela howler (he is shocking) gifted the 2nd goal

Match stats on BBC show 57% Possesion - 6 shots v 2 shots in favour of JTs

Come on McGhee, get real, you were "well" beat.

To think Csabas only been in the job for a matter of weeks and with the same players as last year.

Did you really decide not to get on the plane, or are you that thick you ended up going to wrong airport ?

Hearts stick one up McGhee - Hibbys Beat -Rangers out of Europe -

TOPS TOPS TOPS TOPS TOPS

Only a Game

I thought 3-2 seriously flattered them today. We made two basic errors the whole game and gifted them two goals. Apart from those they didnt pressure us at any stage of the game.

Had we delivered a slightly better final ball today we'd have demolished that team out of sight IMO.

If McGhee is expecting anyone at that game to believe that Motherwell should have won it, then I'm glad he didnt take the Hearts job because he's simply not perceptive enough. I'm quite sure he did "expect" to win it. Thats what happens when you dont do your homework t0sser !!!

Away back hame son.

Dirk Diggler

Like everyone else, I don't know what game he was watching.

2 bad mistakes cost us 2 goals, Other than that I would suggest they looked poorer than any time I seen them last season.

Looking at his comments, It seems he is trying to convince himself (again) he made the right decision in staying put.

I don't believe he did, and I don't think he does either.

MAHA.

Archived