Jamie Mole (merged threads)

hoof.hearted

Skacel'sLeftFoot

For too long I've complained about the lack of effort from many Hearts players, but in the second half in particular, Mole worked his socks off and gave me some encouragement for the season ahead. Well done lad and if the wingers can realise when to square the ball, you may score a goal or four this season.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mole tried and worked very hard. I dont think he is anywhere near what we need or the answer but he is a hell of alot better than Makela

I'm a hell of a lot better than Makela as well.;)

I must be missing something...

I thought Jamie Mole had a very poor first half. He just seemed a yard of the pace.

But he was a different player in the second half, he did very well indeed. More of that please.

Was just about to say the same.

Much better in the 2nd half.

Can improve with more games.

I accept Mole worked hard today, but then again I'm not sure we should be applauding players for doing what most of us do day in day out. He is definitely not the finished product in terms of a single striker in a 4-5-1 position though and am afraid his endeavours may not be enough away from home if we continue in this vein. I just wonder if people would be so praising of him if we hadn't won?

P.S. Just seen on Sky Sports News Bednar scored (again) for West Brom today.

never understood what was seen in mole, admitadly havnt seen much of him until today, but after today i am impressed!!!

first half aside, he pestered the well defence all game, pulling the defence all over the place.

his team mates let him down with some of the passing otherwise he may have gotten a goal today

Snake Plissken

He's got a rough time on here without justification based upon fleeting first team outings and poor loan spells.

He did well today and deserved a goal, I hope that folk will give him a chance on here now.

have to say i was a big mole fan today, he was my motm. first time ive said that and ifits not the last id be happy

Never seen a thread about Jamie yesterday so thought he deserved his own.Thought he was brilliant yesterday ran himself into the ground and worked both channels brilliantly.He is never going to score 15+ goals a season but his workrate yesterday was amazing.I know Stewart got MOM and he did play well but Mole for me was MOM.

Yeah....he's really good on football manager so if worth an extended run IMO.

Otherwise my assistant might inform me that his attitude has changed and he is seeking a move to another club....don't want that.

Can't complain about his effort or work rate I would question whether he ha the ability to lead the line for us though. No complaints about his performance but I just don't think the lad has got it.

Francis Albert

MoM for me too. Several posts on here in recent weeks bemoaning the fact that we don't have anyone who can hold the ball up front. Jamie did that excellently yesterday, and worked his socks off, often with less support than he should have.

Jam Tarts 1874
I accept Mole worked hard today, but then again I'm not sure we should be applauding players for doing what most of us do day in day out. He is definitely not the finished product in terms of a single striker in a 4-5-1 position though and am afraid his endeavours may not be enough away from home if we continue in this vein. I just wonder if people would be so praising of him if we hadn't won?

P.S. Just seen on Sky Sports News Bednar scored (again) for West Brom today.

In a friendly against Mallorca. We saw last week what the standard of opposition was for him in the Championship, I could score goals in that league.

We got a good price for a very average player, time to let it go!

Midloth_Iain
I said it after the Dunfermline game and was slagged for it.

I remember that Tazio, a few people should be man enough to admit they were a bit harsh that night, to say the least. ;)

Mole had a great game yesterday, looked confident, not afraid to get involved, very powerful and worked the Well defence all day.

Just needs a Robbo type finisher beside him. :cool:

i thought mole done superb today

but makela should just go as he was absolutly murder when he came on :banghead2:

Colonel Kurtz

The irish boy gave jamie a few digs ,but he came back for more.

I put it down to slice sausage rolls.

But anyone who thinks that Prison Break is better than the sopranos deserves a dig

Jamie Mole was outstanding yesterday - his workrate was trememdous and attitude first class. Makela was complete opposite.

My only slight negative is that Jamie should be more confident in front of goal - I think he looks to pass when he should have a go himself.

Regardless, everyone in the pub last night said that Stewart was MOM with Mole a close 2nd.

Charlie-Brown
Mole played well yesterday.

He needs to add goals to his game though - asap.

If Driver (twice) and Cesnauskis had played Mole in when they really should have instead of taking the wrong option and going themselves then Mole would have had a hat-trick of great chances to score.....he must have been furious with his team-mates at those moments.

Mole played well yesterday.

He needs to add goals to his game though - asap.

He was playing as well last season with the reserves,alongside Glen.Playing better and scoring more goals than Glen.Although it worked out better i found it strange that Glen was played instead of Mole.Maybe Mole and Glen up front can see him scoring more often.Anyway if Mole can keep his confidence up one of our forward positions is solved.

Another thing that is forgotten about Mole is that as a teenager he was our top prospect and was a success straight away in any grade of football he played.

WheatfieldJambo
Mole started the 2nd half a different player .... done well from then onwards .. first half he looked like he was chasing shadows.

tell u what though.

he's pretty quick !

deserves to keep his place versus ragers next week imo. he was class

He was playing as well last season with the reserves,alongside Glen.Playing better and scoring more goals than Glen.Although it worked out better i found it strange that Glen was played instead of Mole.Maybe Mole and Glen up front can see him scoring more often.Anyway if Mole can keep his confidence up one of our forward positions is solved.

Another thing that is forgotten about Mole is that as a teenager he was our top prospect and was a success straight away in any grade of football he played.

I like the thought of Mole and Glen as a partnership. Nice complementing abilities I think.

Good performances on Saturday from Stewart, Driver and Karipidis, but best of all was Mole. Worked right across the front line, giving the Motherwell defenders a really hard time. It was rare that they got a clear header because Mole was always jostling with them. He showed a massive workrate. I thought his confidence grew during the game too and hopefully he can build on this game with goals in future. Impressed with him though.

We_are_the_Hearts

Mole had his best game in a Hearts jersey. Great shift. Only disappointment was his reaction at Miko's goal. No celebration and looked ****ed that Miko never squared it. Don't like to see that and I'm sure Csaba will have a word if he noticed it. I never at the game but did on the BBC highlights. Miko's passion for the game and jersey is a great example, captured brilliantly on the Highlights.

I like the thought of Mole and Glen as a partnership. Nice complementing abilities I think.

Good performances on Saturday from Stewart, Driver and Karipidis, but best of all was Mole. Worked right across the front line, giving the Motherwell defenders a really hard time. It was rare that they got a clear header because Mole was always jostling with them. He showed a massive workrate. I thought his confidence grew during the game too and hopefully he can build on this game with goals in future. Impressed with him though.

I agree with that. First 15 mins I thought Mole looked a wee bit off the pace, but as the game went on he imposed himself more and more.

Felt Stewart was MotM, but Mole was a close second. There were a couple of instances where Mole made a great space for himself but the ball just didn't seem to get to him. Hopefully once he gets a goal, his season will really take off.

He might have had a couple at the weekend if Driver had picked him out.Thought Mole was brilliant totally unselfish display by him and he more than anyone showed the graft that Csaba wants from his team.

Mole's best game so far for the big team, hopefully as he gets fitter and stronger goals will come

One of the big aspect of his game i noticed at the weekend was just how strong he was as he was constantly holding off or jostling Motherwell defenders off the ball.If only he had Makela's height.

Mole was great. 'Proper' as they say at the Emirates. Worked very hard, and actually made very few mistakes, even when tired (which says a lot).

My view in the Diggers before and after the game was that we still need a sharp shooter. I suggested Torres or Van Persie but was laughed out the pub. I think I had too much IPA by that point.

Still, a lot of sharp shooters who are within our budget will view playing alongside a holding player like Mole in good light. Saturday was damn near perfect from him - well done!

Deodato

Nelly Terraces
Mole's best game so far for the big team, hopefully as he gets fitter and stronger goals will come

Do you not think he already has mate? Looks like he's been doing the weights in off season and seems a lot fitter/stronger/faster than before.

Definetly not a 'striker', but led the line, particulary 2nd half, pretty well, holding the ball up for the mid players to come onto. Lad put in a great shift for us, never hid at any time and generally worked hard for the full 90. Like folk have said, get someone else up there who can score alongside him and he could prove to be the sort of 'Sandy Clarke' type bloke we need. Also, puts Makela and Fat boy Nade to shame.

Well played Jamie lad. Top man.

Guest JamboRobbo
Mole was great. 'Proper' as they say at the Emirates. Worked very hard, and actually made very few mistakes, even when tired (which says a lot).

My view in the Diggers before and after the game was that we still need a sharp shooter. I suggested Torres or Van Persie but was laughed out the pub. I think I had too much IPA by that point.

Quite correct. Mess is the man we need. :P

To Spandau Ballet's "Gold"

jaaaaamie MOLE!!

C'Mon and give us a goal

dont you know...

He's Indestructable....

Always believe in....

jaaaaamie MOLE!! etc

The thought of a packed Tynie signing a version of a Spandau Ballet song makes me laugh!

Mole! Mole! Jamie, Jamie Mole! Gets the ball, scores a goal! Jamie, jamie Mole!!!!

Hmm I prefer the classic original version myself - Mole! Mole! Jamie, Jamie Mole! Gets a bird, fills her hole! Jamie, Jamie Mole!!!

Been thinking of a few more;

Flying Without Mole - Westlife

Mole's Miracle - Fragma

Ooops I Moled it again - Britney Spears

Real Jamie Mole - Eminem

Smack That Mole - Akon

Hmm I prefer the classic original version myself - Mole! Mole! Jamie, Jamie Mole! Gets a bird, fills her hole! Jamie, Jamie Mole!!!

Keep on Mollin' - 5ive

Mole 'till November - Wyclef Jean

Wild Wild Mole - Will Smith

Fell In Love With A Mole - White Stripes

I'm Your Mole - Wham!

Power Of Mole - Frankie Goes To Hollywood

MMMole - Hanson

Lets Mole - David Bowie

Nothing Compares 2 Mole - Sin?ad O'Connor

M.O.L.E - 50 Cent

Jus watched the highlights, anybody notice Mole after our 3rd goal!? Looked genuinely gutted that Miko never squared it!!!

Feed the Mole and he will score.

Ray Winstone
Jus watched the highlights, anybody notice Mole after our 3rd goal!? Looked genuinely gutted that Miko never squared it!!!

Feed the Mole and he will score.

I saw that in the highlights.

Thought he deserved a goal for his performance.

Although did he actually get one shot in on goal all match?

I saw that in the highlights.

Thought he deserved a goal for his performance.

Although did he actually get one shot in on goal all match?

Don't think so.

Mole Can Only Get Better - D:Ream

Archived