Elvis Has left the building

tx-jambo

disgraceful if this is true the guy was a great servant to the club...all he did was go to anotrher job cuz he felt his bosses were mucking him about..wich every single person on this forum would do in the same situation.

was he great footballer....no

was he a great leader.....yes

the man wanted to end his career at tynie but given the things happening round him decided not to do that... i for one dont hold t against him

rudi must stay
The Elvis bashing on here is pathetic. Get over it. Elvis was a great Hearts captain.

well said. We get rid of it 2 years later as well. TBH i even forgot we had a banner of him on it, so it wasn't doing us any harm having it up

The Elvis bashing on here is pathetic. Get over it. Elvis was a great Hearts captain.

I agree, and I also believe the man is a Hearts legend. Hopefully in a few years the Pressley hatred will have died down and he'll be viewed this way, but until then, the banner really did have no place in Tynecastle.

Imo it was the wrong decision to put up his picture while he was still playing but since they put it up i think they should have left it. I'll never think of Pressley in the same way as pre-his chest thumping antics, but he was still a brilliant captain and i'd buy him a pint if i ever met him.

Totally agree with you're comments. IMHO its time to move on.

Dirk Diggler
Good.

They sure took their sweet time about it, should have been removed in January 2007.

Hell yeah.

:Agree:

Bunny Munro

It should be kept down. And put back up the day he hangs up his boots. A Hearts legend he is, and will always be, but I still think we should have waited until he stopped playing to put up the poster.

It should be kept down. And put back up the day he hangs up his boots. A Hearts legend he is, and will always be, but I still think we should have waited until he stopped playing to put up the poster.

I agree but was it not us the fans that voted for him

It's a real shame that probably our best captain ever disgraced himself on that day. I still feel that he was a brilliant captain for us and surely must still hold our club in high regard

I'd like to say congratulations and well done to the management of Heart of Midlothian FC for listening to the wishes of the vast majority of our fans and removing the banner commemorating that horrible slimy rheptile Presslehy.

:) :) :) :)

Elvis is my hero, and someone to look up to. He's a professional footballer who looked after his families interests, like you wouldnt?

Elvis is a legend- how many of you have captained our club to Scottish Cup success?

These threads are rediculus. Hes a Jambo Great Forever.

Kenny

disgraceful if this is true the guy was a great servant to the club...all he did was go to anotrher job cuz he felt his bosses were mucking him about..wich every single person on this forum would do in the same situation.

the man wanted to end his career at tynie but given the things happening round him decided not to do that... i for one dont hold t against him

well said, a jambo hero.

the banner should have been removed after the Sparta Prague game at Murryfeild.

The club is 100% to blame here. They know how we feel about ********* and should have took it down before somebody had to take the matter into their own hands.

Now its gone I am glad :):)

the banner should have been removed after the Sparta Prague game at Murryfeild.

The club is 100% to blame here. They know how we feel about ********* and should have took it down before somebody had to take the matter into their own hands.

Now its gone I am glad :):)

It's certainly good that the club is taking into account the feelings of 20 or so knuckledraggers from Robbo's bar.:rolleyes:

Pants Shaton
It's certainly good that the club is taking into account the feelings of 20 or so knuckledraggers from Robbo's bar.:rolleyes:

They're the real fans, don't you know?

Many of whom returned to Robbo's bar at half-time and their 'spiritual leader' followed shortly afterwards at 16:20 - real fans.

MacDonald Jardine

Nothing like an exaggerated generalisation eh?

If you don't like watching a blatant mark of disrespect you're a knuckledragger?

I take it you leave your door unlocked to help thieves too?

Legend is an over used word when it comes to football players and one that definately should not be used to describe Steven Pressley.

Great leader/captain in his day and a good servant.

Banner up or down I couldn't care less, time to move on.

Corrie Jambo
Elvis is my hero, and someone to look up to. He's a professional footballer who looked after his families interests, like you wouldnt?

Elvis is a legend- how many of you have captained our club to Scottish Cup success?

These threads are rediculus. Hes a Jambo Great Forever.

Fully agree with robbogoal and we should be trying to recruit him as a defensive coach.

I hated what he did when he came back with Celtic but as a former Hun he was trying to get their fans to accept him as most players would.

He is a Hearts legend

Nothing like an exaggerated generalisation eh?

If you don't like watching a blatant mark of disrespect you're a knuckledragger?

I take it you leave your door unlocked to help thieves too?

I think if you allow one incident to overwrite 8 and a half years of loyal and distinguished service you are very small minded indeed.

No idea what the tosh about 'thieves' is in reference to.

MacDonald Jardine
I think if you allow one incident to overwrite 8 and a half years of loyal and distinguished service you are very small minded indeed.

No idea what the tosh about 'thieves' is in reference to.

For the hard of thinking, it's bending over to allow people to abuse you.

MacDonald Jardine

There are now 34 "No" votes on the poll.

Are some knuckledraggers voting twice?

Colonel Kurtz
There are now 34 "No" votes on the poll.

Are some knuckledraggers voting twice?

they have 2 sets of knuckles

The Gyle Volunteer Force are not to be trifled with.

So everyone who has a problem with Presslhey is a knuckledragger from Robbo's?

Thats pretty small minded.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Neither do I. What I do hold against him, are his actions on his return to Tynie, and subsequent lack of apology for said actions.

Apparently, holding this opinion means I hate Catholics and drink in Robbos. :confused:

Pants Shaton
Neither do I. What I do hold against him, are his actions on his return to Tynie, and subsequent lack of apology for said actions.

Apparently, holding this opinion means I hate Catholics and drink in Robbos. :confused:

He has apologised and explained his chest-thumping to numerous contributors to this website. His actions, however badly judged, were directed at Romanov and not the fans. Does he owe the Hearts fans a public apology? No more than many Hearts fans owe him an apology for the shameful lack of support the 'Riccarton 3' were given.

Stupid Sexy Flanders
He has apologised and explained his chest-thumping to numerous contributors to this website. His actions, however badly judged, were directed at Romanov and not the fans. Does he owe the Hearts fans a public apology? No more than many Hearts fans owe him an apology for the shameful lack of support the 'Riccarton 3' were given.

Yes, I believe he does, and it is in fact long overdue.

Of course he did. :rolleyes:

If he came out and explained his actions publicly, he may gain an ounce of respect.

He's a professional footballer who looked after his families interests, like you wouldnt?

I hate to be picky, but how do his chest thumping antics equate to "looking after his family's interests"? :dribble::confused::wacko:

Pants Shaton
I hate to be picky, but how do his chest thumping antics equate to "looking after his family's interests"? :dribble::confused::wacko:

I'm surprised you saw his chest-thumping antics, coming as they did at the end of the match. Did a real fan tell you about it later on?

I'm surprised you saw his chest-thumping antics, coming as they did at the end of the match. Did a real fan tell you about it later on?

To be fair GMAN, the game was on the telly, he probably caught the last 25 minutes on Setanta:4_1_72:

Commander Harris

I find it strange/interesting that the criteria for a "knuckledragger" seems to be a persons position on Pressley. :confused:

seems a tad oversimplistic to me.

anyway. Personally speaking, I was gutted when he left and supported his, and Gordon and Hartley's, actions. But on his return I was genuinely upset by the way he behaved. Regardless of who it was aimed at or the motivation behind those actions, it was insensitive, ill-judged and disrespectful to the Hearts support.

I wish he would come out in public and explain and, dare I say, apologise for his actions.

I'm willing to move on and remember Pressley the great Hearts Captain but if I'm being honest I'll find it difficult to forget his actions that day, although hearing some contrite words from him on the subject would help a lot.

Archived