Ref Today................ahhhhhhhhhh

MackaysCentreSpot

MackaysCentreSpot

Nice to see we are starting the season off with a competent ref in charge..............

NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The man in the new shiny silky refs strip today is the one and only Ian Brines.

shaun.lawson

On the bright side, at least it's not McDonald! Though Stuart Dougal's about the only Scottish ref I have any confidence in at all, really.

Given his past record - I thought that Brines had a half decent game today. Porter should have been carded for persistant fouling and a bit of consistancy with his interpretation of simulation would have helped.

He is still rank awful - but compared with some of his perfomances in the past, this wasn't too bad.

Brines is by far the worst referee in Scottish football. He is not fit to referee a schools game.

scott_jambo

No problem with Brines today.

He is an official. Officially a ****er arf arf!

Ginger God Is Back

Have to say that he was fine today...hackles raised when he didnt book Clarkson for diving when he megged someone but he didnt dive..he half megged him and fell into our player.

To be honest Mikey raised his hands.......could have been worse...

Though Stuart Dougal's about the only Scottish ref I have any confidence in at all, really.

And I believe he's retired.:sad:

piltonjambo

I thought Brines was terrible today to be honest ... but thats no surprise ...

If he is going to book Audrey for simulation I can accept that (I also thought he made the most of it), but what I can't accept is the inconsistency shown with Clarkson who was more than guilty of the same offence (no booking) or the non booking of Porter (it had to be eight or nine fouls surely) and then to cap it all he then books Banks who kicked at the ball in frustration at losing the second goal (no appreciation or understanding of his disappointment at just having lost a goal) ... it was as if he was just waiting, like a preying mantis to book another Hearts player for whatever!!!

If you recall last season, it was so blatant ... many of our 'referees' did likewise ... no consistency and the slightest excuse to book our players ...

We really do require to educate our players in this ... we will get nowt from these people and we need to be aware of that ... Mikey Stewart in particular.

Archived