Feeder at Picture House, Lothian Road

frankblack

I got myself a ticket for that gig.

Haven't seen Feeder in Edinburgh for a number of years since they played the Liquid Rooms touring their first two full-length albums (although I did get a freeblie at the Corn Exchange when they did a Radio-only concert with Snow Patrol and Turin Breaks supporting).

Had seriously considered getting a ticket for the Barrowlands but didn't want to go to that ****hole, and my mates aren't huge Feeder fans.

It seems that this venue is meaning business for getting decent sized bands to Edinburgh - Travis, Dirty Pretty Things, Idlewild, Todd Rundgren, and Tangerine Dream.

Thinking about going to the Idlewild gig as well.

God, this year has been quite busy with gigs. This month I'm off down to London for Get Loaded In The Park with Iggy and the Stooges, Supergrass, The Hives, Gossip, and many others, then the Raconteurs a couple of days later here. Later this year I have CSS, Zutons, Feeder, and possibly Idlewild in Edinburgh.

T on the Fringe (or the Edge Festival) was a major let-down this year and the organisers need to take a look at themselves, but things are picking up later in the year for local gigs.

Archived