Hearts v Motherwell - Down Memory Lane

Csaba's Broon Shoes

rossthejambo
Remember this game very well as it was my 21st birthday.

There was tears.

Other games - Fullers solo effort was a highlight, the League Cup game at ER was certainly not a highlight. Pretty sure Jamie Mac sold the jersey that night. Things were looking good when Hajlmer Superstar scored.

Again, tears.

jamie mac sold the jersey twice that night. never forgive him for that :mad:

this_is_my_story
Season 05/06, for BG's last minute save...

2:29 minutes in - how he got to that i'll never know :pray: :pray:

First time I've seen that save for a while - unbelievable. Still couldnae take it in even about half an hour after leaving the ground.

alwaysthereinspirit

December 85 or January 86. White out. Couldn't see the goalposts at the opposite end. We scored and we didn't know till the players came running back towards us all hugging and jumping.

1-1 at Tynie in 97/98.

During the run in while we were seriously chasing the title it was a midweek game and I remember Motherwell were wearing that horrible highlighter yellow strip!

Neil McCann put us in front but they equalised in the second half.

I realised that night that we were not going to win the title.

Left the ground feeling absolutely gutted!

Yep, it all finally fell apart that night. I remember we had the Hobos coming up on the Saturday and after we'd dispensed with Motherwell :wacko:I fully expected us to beat them too. I'm pretty sure that would have put us top of the table and with the way the rest were playing there was only one REAL test remaining for us, The Huns at Tynie. The league looked like it was ours to lose :confused:

Lost my faith in JJ that night though, as he persisted with the recently signed Lee Makel in midfield. The chap later became a firm favourite of mine but, having just signed from Blackburn's reserves, was out on his feet after 15 mins and was like a man short for most of the game.

The Hobos then did us on the Saturday which pretty much put it to bed :mad:

Exactly how I felt that night. You never realised at the time how long again it will be til you have another decent team.

That result was a sickener.

Was a Tommy Coyne equaliser right at the death IIRC. I remember Stephane Adam trying a silly overhead kick on the halfway line and Motherwell breaking and scoring.

:sad:

Season 05/06, for BG's last minute save...

2:29 minutes in - how he got to that i'll never know :pray: :pray:

That save never looks again seeing it again as you KNOW he is going to save it. At the time though it seemed a certain goal, and the save actually shocked you. Incredible.

motherwell?! Don't mention that shower to me!:mad: Went there 'many moons ago', with a mate. Hearts scored, and a bunch of there 'muppets' started hassling us. Managed to get away from them before it all got out of hand. never had any time for them since.:Bazooka:

seem to remember a bomb scare in 85 at Fir Park and we lost but then afterlosing at Clyde****INGbank the following week we went on an unbeaten run:(

I think it may have also been against Motherwell that Donald Ford got his only booking of his career. He threw the ball back to the referee after a foul had been blown for - unfortunately the ref wasn't paying attention and it hit him. He then booked Ford and Tynecastle erupted - I remember everyone surging down to the front and some very nervous coppers.

Jeez Scott...you must be older than me! It was a very windy day and the ball just got caught up in the wind. Just goes to prove that the refs were incompetent back then too. All that clown had to do was watch the crowd reaction then ask the linesman what happened.......too difficult, too pig-headed, even then.

Was it Jan '86, in the famous 85/86 season, and all the other games were off cos the Scotland squad (no Jambos) were away to play Australia in some weird World Cup play-off ?

We played them midweek in a complete snowstorm at their dump of a ground and won.

http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/games/19860104.html

Started to believe something was really on then.[/quote

Bad one in very early 60's where they won 6-2 at Tynie. Remember vaguely Quinn and St John. The original of the line "is your Mother-well"? We got them back over time.

The Texaco one at Fir Park in particular was great as was a cup match 3-3 I think. I am getting old as cannae remember.

I saw them beat Spurs 3-1 at Fir Park once as well (no pun).:hobofish:

Archived