New Season Predictions

Batman

On the cusp of a new Season and unlike the last 2 I feel relatively good about the forthcoming months. Time will tell, but what are your predictions for the season ahead?

Mine...

Hearts to finish 3rd, Quarter of Scottish Cup, who cares about the wee cup.

Celtic to win league, Rangers 2nd - Smith will finish season but will leave in close season. Will win a cup.

Hibs - bottom six. I can't see them producing anything near what they did last year.

Dund Utd - 4th

Falkirk 5th

Aberdeen - 6th

Hamilton - relegated. I'd like to see them staying up, however at the moment I would be suprised.

Time will tell.

heartsfc_fan

We only reach the QF of the scottish cup? :sad: awwwww come on!!

I reckon we'll win one of the cups...

and finish 4th

1st - Celtic

2nd - Rangers

-------------------

3rd - Hearts

4th - Aberdeen

-------------------

5th - Motherwell

6th - Falkirk

-------------------

7th - Dundee Utd

8th - Hibs

9th - Kilmarnock

10th - Inverness

11th - St Mirren

-------------------

12th - Hamilton

Hearts to get to final of one of the cups. Both cups won by either of the old firm.

I think 4th place gets a European spot next spring but if we can't finnish 3rd/4th we should do whatever it takes to get to the two Cup Finals. I think we should make it a priority to get to them, play hard, no shirkers, get stuck in to any team we play against!!........Mon the Hearts!!!

thewanderer

I think we will finish 4th cos Dundee Utd have strengthened in the close season whereas we have not. We dont need much in the way of players but dont have enough to snatch 3rd. Motherwell will struggle to repeat last season's efforts, Aberdeen will continue to flatter to deceive under the Tangoman and the Hobo's will be nowhere to be seen.

Celtic for the league and Hamilton to go down.

All i'm looking for from the Jambo's this season is a bit of an improvement on last season.

Celtic for the title, Rangers 2nd with Dundee Utd running them much closer than usual. We'll be top 6 with Aberdeen and either Falkirk or Motherwell completing the "elite" line up. Who gets Europe is anyone's guess and probably depends quite a lot on Vlad.

The other five will get stuck in a dogfight at the bottom, battling it out to see who's brand of football is the worst. Killie, Hamilton and Hibs to occupy 8th-10th in no particular order, with St Mirren and then ICT just behind.

Rangers will probably do a cup double with no Europe to worry about.

Going out on a limb ... stories will surface linking the 10 smaller clubs best players with Rangers and Celtic on a weekly basis. Allegations of bigoted singning by OF fans will be made, but no charges brought by the SFA. Hibs keeper will go on a heroic three game streak without dropping a clanger. Celtic won't win an away game in Europe, and their fans will bemoan the difficulty of their draw. Gordon Strachan will be a fud. Chick Young will be a fud. No away team will be awarded a penalty at Ibrox.

celtic im afraid will win the treble... rangers will finish quite a distant 2nd....hearts will finish 3rd and reach semis of scottish cup....hibs will finish 4th from bottom, mixu will be sacked before October hearts will beat them im all 3 games.... Killie will battle with hamilton and st mirren to fight relegation, and with jeffereis having been sacked in february they will slip down to 1st division....Chelsea will pip man utd to the title...scotland will top there qualifying section by june...england will be a distant 3rd behind the ukraine and croats....gordon brown will resign as PM...john mcCain will be elected new president.... 3weeks later israel attack irans nuclear bases...jamie mole wins spl young player of the year award and european golden boot....iran retaliate for attack on israel....angelina jolie will be assasinated whilst on UN envoy to africa....Andy Walker is a ****...david cameron will be knocked down whilst riding his bike...jeniffer aniston will be arrested in connestion with angelina jolies murder....osama bin laden will still not be caught...back pass ferguson tipped to win player of the year despite missing 35 of the 38 games...natalie portman declares her undying love for me...the council scrap plans for the new trams, millions down the drain....celtic fans declare themselves best fans in the world....plans to make friends the movie is scrapped due to anistons life sentence....double agent mixu is given a very healthy payday from vlad....english media to declare england favourites for every sporting event, only to fail, as usual, cun*s....george burley to give every interview half cut, or no interview at all...."Britains" Andy murray wins the US open....a big chunk of ice will fall of somewhere cold caused by jeremy clarkson....i still wont get 3 numbers on the lotto.... "scotlands" andy murray humilated in 1st round of australian open....strachan resigns after treble winning season much to the fans relief, mark mcghee becomes bookies favourite....tony blair becomes the new leader of the labour party again, gordon brown is treated for depression.....Vladimir Romanov behaves himself, work on a new stand commences in summer of 2009, 2 world cup players sign for hearts....natalie portman and i live happily ever after

accumulator..get on it

heartsfc_fan
celtic im afraid will win the treble... rangers will finish quite a distant 2nd....hearts will finish 3rd and reach semis of scottish cup....hibs will finish 4th from bottom, mixu will be sacked before October hearts will beat them im all 3 games.... Killie will battle with hamilton and st mirren to fight relegation, and with jeffereis having been sacked in february they will slip down to 1st division....Chelsea will pip man utd to the title...scotland will top there qualifying section by june...england will be a distant 3rd behind the ukraine and croats....gordon brown will resign as PM...john mcCain will be elected new president.... 3weeks later israel attack irans nuclear bases...jamie mole wins spl young player of the year award and european golden boot....iran retaliate for attack on israel....angelina jolie will be assasinated whilst on UN envoy to africa....Andy Walker is a ****...david cameron will be knocked down whilst riding his bike...jeniffer aniston will be arrested in connestion with angelina jolies murder....osama bin laden will still not be caught...back pass ferguson tipped to win player of the year despite missing 35 of the 38 games...natalie portman declares her undying love for me...the council scrap plans for the new trams, millions down the drain....celtic fans declare themselves best fans in the world....plans to make friends the movie is scrapped due to anistons life sentence....double agent mixu is given a very healthy payday from vlad....english media to declare england favourites for every sporting event, only to fail, as usual, cun*s....george burley to give every interview half cut, or no interview at all...."Britains" Andy murray wins the US open....a big chunk of ice will fall of somewhere cold caused by jeremy clarkson....i still wont get 3 numbers on the lotto.... "scotlands" andy murray humilated in 1st round of australian open....strachan resigns after treble winning season much to the fans relief, mark mcghee becomes bookies favourite....tony blair becomes the new leader of the labour party again, gordon brown is treated for depression.....Vladimir Romanov behaves himself, work on a new stand commences in summer of 2009, 2 world cup players sign for hearts....natalie portman and i live happily ever after

accumulator..get on it

:eek:

Were you drunk when you wrote that??!

Hearts should be aiming for Champions league qualification and winning a cup, its possible, although I predict it won't happen. I reckon 3rd or 4th with a 2 cup semi defeats.

I'm not saying it'll be us, but the OF could be split again this year, I think rangers are in deep trouble and Smith will struggle to dig them out, still coisty'll be a big help.

Celtic

Hearts

Rangers

Dundee Utd

Motherwell

Aberdeen

Falkirk

ICT

Hibs

Killie

Hamilton

St Mirren

Depends on who pick's the team really,if they persist with the guff like Audrey,Zal, No28,Nade and the likes then bottom 6,if however they play players on merit,ones who can and will play football or at least try every game then 4th-6th.

I think DUFC will do pretty well this season,unless Rangers get their house in order Levein's team could ,IMO,take 2nd place.

Seymour M Hersh
Depends on who pick's the team really,if they persist with the guff like Audrey,Zal, No28,Nade and the likes then bottom 6,if however they play players on merit,ones who can and will play football or at least try every game then 4th-6th.

I think DUFC will do pretty well this season,unless Rangers get their house in order Levein's team could ,IMO,take 2nd place.

I'm curious to know what you base the dundreich utd stuff on. Levein?

I'm curious to know what you base the dundreich utd stuff on. Levein?

As well as Levein being a top manager he does seem to have a good team,he does pick up some very good players on the cheap and does now play a very attractive, attacking style of football.

That is only my opinion.

Thing is ,yes we have a new man in the dugout but we have the same woefull personel playing for us.

1st - Celtic

2nd - Rangers

-------------------

3rd - Hearts

4th - Aberdeen

-------------------

5th - Motherwell

6th - Falkirk

-------------------

7th - Dundee Utd

8th - Hibs

9th - Kilmarnock

10th - Inverness

11th - St Mirren

-------------------

12th - Hamilton

Hearts to get to final of one of the cups. Both cups won by either of the old firm.

Really can't see them not making the top 6. 4th at worst for them.

1st - Celtic

2nd - Rangers

-------------------

3rd - Hearts

4th - Aberdeen

-------------------

5th - Motherwell

6th - Falkirk

-------------------

7th - Dundee Utd

8th - Hibs

9th - Kilmarnock

10th - Inverness

11th - St Mirren

-------------------

12th - Hamilton

Have I missed something, I would be shocked if they dont finish top 4 :wacko:

Pants Shaton

I really don't have a clue how we will do, either this season or in the first game. I feel it could go either way: massive improvement and 3rd place OR more of the same dross. We can finish 3rd with some stability and a couple of decent signings.

The Old Tolbooth

Celtic

Rangers

Dundee Utd

Hearts

Falkirk

Motherwell

Aberdeen

St Mirren

Hibs

Kilmarnock

Hamilton

ICT

I'd be happy with that :)

1st - Celtic

2nd - Rangers

-------------------

3rd - Hearts

4th - Dundee Utd

-------------------

5th - Falkirk

6th - Aberdeen

-------------------

7th - Motherwell

8th - Hibs

9th - St Mirren

10th - Kilmarnock

11th - Inverness

-------------------

12th - Hamilton

On the cusp of a new Season and unlike the last 2 I feel relatively good about the forthcoming months. Time will tell, but what are your predictions for the season ahead?

Mine...

Hearts to finish 3rd, Quarter of Scottish Cup, who cares about the wee cup.

Celtic to win league, Rangers 2nd - Smith will finish season but will leave in close season. Will win a cup.

Hibs - bottom six. I can't see them producing anything near what they did last year.

Dund Utd - 4th

Falkirk 5th

Aberdeen - 6th

Hamilton - relegated. I'd like to see them staying up, however at the moment I would be suprised.

Time will tell.

1. Celtic

2. Rangers

3. Hearts

4. Dundee Utd

5. Aberdeen

6. Motherwell

7. Falkirk

8. Hibs

9. Hamilton

10. Kilmarnock

11. ICT

12. St Mirren

Scottish Cup - Rangers

Mickey Mouse Cup - Hearts

Bunny Munro

We will finish 3rd. Hibs will finish 9th.

CIS CUP: Rangers. We will get beat in the semi's 1-0 with a dogey offside goal agasint Dundee Unt.

Scotish Cup: Hearts. Hearts 0 - 0 Hibs in the final after 90 mins. Zemamma breaks Zali's leg in the first period of extra time but Dougie McDonald refuses play to be stopped. We are out of subs. As a result Hibs score a quick double whils Banks helps Zaliukis to stand. Mikey Stewart gets ****ed off at this attitude to scores one back himself. Then Robbie Neilson adds one more, however all supporters miss it as they were all looking at a cloud in the shape of a giant penis. We win 3-0 on penatlys.

Jambojohnnyboy
We will finish 3rd. Hibs will finish 9th.

CIS CUP: Rangers. We will get beat in the semi's 1-0 with a dogey offside goal agasint Dundee Unt.

Scotish Cup: Hearts. Hearts 0 - 0 Hibs in the final after 90 mins. Zemamma breaks Zali's leg in the first period of extra time but Dougie McDonald refuses play to be stopped. We are out of subs. As a result Hibs score a quick double whils Banks helps Zaliukis to stand. Mikey Stewart gets ****ed off at this attitude to scores one back himself. Then Robbie Neilson adds one more, however all supporters miss it as they were all looking at a cloud in the shape of a giant penis. We win 3-0 on penatlys.

And this weekends lottery numbers are?

If Vlad butts out for the full season & leaves the new man to do his job, we may finish 4th at best ......... more likely tho (going on the last 2 seasons), Csaba will be away by Christmas (fed up with the pint-sized maddie's interfering) & we will fail to make the top 6 again.

Sellick will win league, with Rankgers a distant 2nd

Hobos will undoubtedly finish bottom 6

Utd will finish 3rd & the Sheep 4th

Hamilton to go straight back down, just below St. Midden

Forever Maroon

I feel optimistic about the season ahead, but then I generally do!

I think the lack of a quality goal getter will be our down fall; however we should be good enough to get the 4th place uefa spot & possibly lifting the wee cup.

I fancy the old firm to be split this year with celtic doing the double taking the title at a canter.

Celtic to win league

Rangers struggle for second pushed by dundee utd

dundee utd win diddy cup

Celtic win scottish cup

Hearts fourth at best.

But will have a good season.

Seymour M Hersh
As well as Levein being a top manager he does seem to have a good team,he does pick up some very good players on the cheap and does now play a very attractive, attacking style of football.

That is only my opinion.

Thing is ,yes we have a new man in the dugout but we have the same woefull personel playing for us.

But McGhee was rightly praised for taking the same woeful Murderwell team to 3rd place last year. Why can't our new guy do the same. Murderwell's squad is not, imo, any better than ours.

But as you're on strike you probably shouldn't care.

My prediction a few weeks back was. I am tempted to now say Celtic for the title instead of Rangers but it's a bit early. Anyway here's hoping I've got 3rd and 1st mixed up!

1 Rangers

2 Celtic

3 Hearts

4 Dundee Utd

5 Motherwell

6 Falkirk

7 Aberdeen

8 Kilmarnock

9 Hibs

10 ICT

11 St Mirren

12 Hamilton