Would you take?

H.A.N.S

Would you take four convincing derby defeats if it meant Hibs went down?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Would you take four convincing derby defeats if it meant Hibs went down?

• Yes
    • No

Ron Burgundy
Losing all four derbies by 3 or 4 goals if it meant Hibs went down?

If we also won the league,no problem.

Definitely. We could say we threw the games to get them relegated. :)

If we also won the league,no problem.

Some flaw there.

If Hearts play Hibs four times it means that both teams finish in the same half of the table. Work it out for yourself.

Given Hibs abysmal record against Hearts, if they win four derbies they are more likely to finish as champions rather than be relegated.

jackjambo22

It would make no dent in our superior Derby record, so for one season or so, why not.

Winning the SC as Hibs went down was special, a repeat of that would be excellent

Anyway

FTH

How about would you take a Scottish Cup Final loss to Hibs if it meant they were relegated three seasons in a row and spent the rest of their days in division 3?

How about would you take a Scottish Cup Final loss to Hibs

Now you're getting silly. :P

Rudolf's Mate

Quite simply no! The league wouldn't be the same without them even if it were just for one season. Yes we could take the mick that they had gone down however they are the wee team and we should be bigger than that! :)

Only if they went down and stayed down so we never saw them again,but having to sit through 4 gubbings would be to much to take.

NO for me.

The league wouldn't be the same without them

Exactly. It'd be a whole lot better. I'd love to see them go bust and vanish for ever.

Nucky Thompson

No chance and I would rather they finished 11th for the next 5 years rather than go down:)

Imeantasong

Neither of us has won all 4 in a season, and I wouldn't like them to be the first.

We could go on a subsequent run of 45 seasons winning 3 and drawing 1, and you know what they'd bleat on about.

loveofthegame
How about would you take a Scottish Cup Final loss to Hibs if it meant they were relegated three seasons in a row and spent the rest of their days in division 3?

Never ever ever say that again. Surely Hearts fan would take that?!

Ibrahim Tall
Only if they went down and stayed down so we never saw them again,but having to sit through 4 gubbings would be to much to take.

NO for me.

Wouldn't want them having won the last derby either.

Miss out on Derby day? **** that. I love derbys, the post match 6 pints (usually only 2-3), the atmosphere is miles better than any other game and we tend to do well in these games. Cant imagine the league without them.

By all means Id love them to finish 11th every season and us pump them 4 times. No derby would be sh_it.

tommythejambo

No. I'd miss the derbies in the season they went down. I also couldn't bear to lose all 4 derbies in a season, let alone by 3 or 4 goals. Plus I couldn't stand to finish bottom half for another season.

jackjambo22
Miss out on Derby day? **** that. I love derbys, the post match 6 pints (usually only 2-3

Party Animal ;)

This thread is just the latest that provides evidence of how namby-pamby Hearts "fans" have become.

First they whine about the content of certain songs and chants. :confused:

Now they don't want to see the Leithers relegated because they "like the derbies". :dribble:

Get the Leithers relegated or, even better, watch and laugh as they go out of business. It's what being a Hearts supporter is all about. :)

I love playing Hibs, so I'd rather they were in the same division.

Indeed, as long as its the SPL of course. :) It's good to have enemies and the Hobos make excellent enemies. Long may we continue to have as many opportunities as possible to gub them.

This thread is just the latest that provides evidence of how namby-pamby Hearts "fans" have become.

Now they don't want to see the Leithers relegated because they "like the derbies". :dribble:

Get the Leithers relegated or, even better, watch and laugh as they go out of business. It's what being a Hearts supporter is all about. :)

Only the real supporters though, eh? Of course the real derby for you is the one we have with Celtic, isn't it? ;)

Of course the real derby for you is the one we have with Celtic, isn't it?

Eh? :confused:

I hate the Leithers. We should have put them out of business when Mr Mercer attempted his takeover. That would have been the ultimate victory.

Any Hearts "fan" who supported the "Hands off the Filthy Leithers" campaign should hang their head in shame. :mad:

I hate the Leithers. We should have put them out of business when Mr Mercer attempted his takeover. That would have been the ultimate victory.

Any Hearts "fan" who supported the "Hands off the Filthy Leithers" campaign should hang their head in shame. :mad:

And if you had been born and brought up a Hobo? :P

And if you had been born and brought up a Hobo? :P

I wasn't so it's an irrelevant and pointless question.

this_is_my_story

Absolutely no chance. Don't think I could stomach losing one or two derbies even if those helmets did go down.

All those years when we beat them regularly, but really should have given them a few proper doings (cheers Mr Goram!) really did make the pain of 6-2 all the worse for me. Other than that game, I can only remember us ever losing more than three goals to them once - and we still didn't get beat (cheers Mr Weir!).

this_is_my_story

Now, is that not what being a Hibs supporter is all about... or at least what they'd like to be all about? ;)

No, i`d rather have another season like 2006, pumping 4 past THEM 3 times and winning a cup and top 2 in league;)

this_is_my_story

I have to admit to having had similar thoughts at one stage - but them surviving that bid was worth it for moments such as 02/04/06!

Guest jambomickey
No chance and I would rather they finished 11th for the next 5 years rather than go down:)

ditto mate!

Only a Game

I like Hibs being in our league most of the time. Obviously its not much fun on the rare occasion they finish above us.

Them being relegated would be a short term laugh I suppose, but no derbies the next season ?.........................Nah...........Bottom 3 and dreadful, but not dreadful enough to go down would do for me.

Derby defeats welcomed ?..................NOT IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCES !!!

I would accept any sacrifice whatsover, results wise, for Rangers or Celtic to go down though.

Get a grip :107years:

Dirk Diggler

Hibs finish above Hearts one season in every four/five or so.

We win more games against them at Tynecastle.

We have also won more games against them at Fester Rd.

I say keep em where they are.

It's a laugh.

hinksikensi

Cant believe 80% say no! Are u kidding? It has to be yes every time! So what if we lost 4 derbies in a season if it means us having the last and certainly longest laugh by seeing hibs go down! I'd take that every time:107years:

funktasticlad
Cant believe 80% say no! Are u kidding? It has to be yes every time! So what if we lost 4 derbies in a season if it means us having the last and certainly longest laugh by seeing hibs go down! I'd take that every time:107years:

Says Schoolkid on your profile for a reason mate

Thats the biggest schoolboy statement i've read in a while

Do you not realise that if they did go down and didn't come back for a while all you'd ever hear is them saying something stupid like "I don't care we went down, we still beat you 4 times and there's nothing you can do to change it he-he-hee" Nah mate, couldn't handle having that rammed down my throat every chance they got...no way!!

Do you not realise that if they did go down and didn't come back for a while all you'd ever hear is them saying something stupid like "I don't care we went down, we still beat you 4 times and there's nothing you can do to change it he-he-hee" Nah mate, couldn't handle having that rammed down my throat every chance they got...no way!!

what he said :)

I like Hibs being in our league most of the time. Obviously its not much fun on the rare occasion they finish above us.

Them being relegated would be a short term laugh I suppose, but no derbies the next season ?.........................Nah...........Bottom 3 and dreadful, but not dreadful enough to go down would do for me.

Derby defeats welcomed ?..................NOT IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCES !!!

I would accept any sacrifice whatsover, results wise, for Rangers or Celtic to go down though.

Ditto. Let Rantic beat us 20-0 if it somehow ensures their relegation. But Hibs? Tank them, and keep them where we can keep tanking them.

This thread is rather Hibee-esque.

Why on earth would ANY Jambo say he'd happily see us hammered by Hibs EVER?

Broxburn Jambo
No, i`d rather have another season like 2006, pumping 4 past THEM 3 times and winning a cup and top 2 in league;)

Now you are talking, I'll take this vision any day

jamboboetjie

No,Cause we could just beat them again the following season:)

portobellojambo1

Only one minor technical problem within the above, if HMFC and Hibs play 4 times in the present league set up it means they are both in the top 6, so Hibs could not be relegated, unless of course you believe HMFC are going to finish within the bottom 6.

Definitely. We could say we threw the games to get them relegated. :)

Sorry to reply to such an early thread, but how would us throwing games to give them points, get them relegated? :confused:

I've had my caffeine but still can't get my head around that one

No, I would take us winning the cup and them hovering 2nd bottom of the Premier League constantly before that.

Archived