Rangers - the real problem

JamboAl

Mass hysteria erupts because they lose one game to a foreign (Lithuanian of all people) side and there are now reams of explanations, excuses, etc in the totally unbiased weegie press. They cannot see the problem so they will not see the answer. Let me help them (only my opinion of course).

They have a little guy they call captain and he calls the tune. Every player in the team must fit in with what wee Baz needs or wants and things roll along merrily. It's maybe not right but it works for them. Even a highly acclaimed French manager had to make way because he had not merited Barry's approval.

The problem arises when this erm titanic colossus of a man is missing and they are not used to any sort of Plan B - in fact they don't have one and they are not helped in any way if the ref is not from Glasgow, again something they are hardly used to.

Let's hope Csaba does not become a one-style man with all his faith placed in one man. The signs so far are that he is trying alternative systems which produce flexibility but he will probably have one favoured system when everyone is available.

For once I agree with what you have to say .... every word of it!!

Spot on about Rankgers and Ned boy. Smith has to take the blame as well, one dimensional doesnt really do him justice.

I really dont rate Ferguson

But it does appear true he is the heart of their team as when he doesnt play they are REALLY gash

If we got our act together with a few signings we really could challenge these numbnuts for a champs league spot

But it does appear true he is the heart of their team as when he doesnt play they are REALLY gash

If we got our act together with a few signings we really could challenge these numbnuts for a champs league spot

Ferguson is clearly the key player for Rangers, and his absence makes all the difference. He is a tremendous player.

But it begs the question why Smith has bought so many poor quality players such as Whitaker, Velicka, Broadfoot etc etc. rather than trying to bring in a player to take some of the burden off Ferguson.

As for us, I think it would take 15 first team squad signings to challenge for the top of the league.

Boab Mugabe

Completely true. Le Guen actually identified Barry as the problem in the dressing room but when it came to doing something about it he was punted. However, the old social structure at Rangers prevailed.

It makes me laugh when you have the weegie press giving it to us tight about Vlad picking the team when their captain runs their club. Though, the past two seasons I think he's been a better player than the previous years where his "Crab" nickname was merited.

I suppose that he runs the Scottish game as well - he didn't even get booked last year!

Ferguson is clearly the key player for Rangers, and his absence makes all the difference. He is a tremendous player.

But it begs the question why Smith has bought so many poor quality players such as Whitaker, Velicka, Broadfoot etc etc. rather than trying to bring in a player to take some of the burden off Ferguson.

As for us, I think it would take 15 first team squad signings to challenge for the top of the league.

I agree with part of that. I think Davis really complimented Ferguson (overrated as Ferguson is ;)), and he ought really to have been Rangers key close season signing, even if this meant 2 or 3 of the other new signings not being bought

I think it would take a lot of signings to challenge for top spot. I dont think it would take as many to challenge Rangers. There is a clear gap between them and Celtic, and less of a gap between Rangers and the rest - if one of the rest could put a consistent season together.

What is almost certain is Rangers will get off to a slow start this year given the continued absence of Ferguson

I used to think Ferguson was a tad overrated. So tried to focus my attention on him and I've grown to think he is a top quality player, who people find easy to slag off.

I used to think Ferguson was a tad overrated. So tried to focus my attention on him and I've grown to think he is a top quality player, who people find easy to slag off.

Agreed he does a lot of work for rangers and understandably they have no one of that caliber to replace him when he's out.

jamboinglasgow
Completely true. Le Guen actually identified Barry as the problem in the dressing room but when it came to doing something about it he was punted. However, the old social structure at Rangers prevailed.

It makes me laugh when you have the weegie press giving it to us tight about Vlad picking the team when their captain runs their club. Though, the past two seasons I think he's been a better player than the previous years where his "Crab" nickname was merited.

I suppose that he runs the Scottish game as well - he didn't even get booked last year!

I agree with you there, I think Barry is a good player, he holds the role of link man in midfield well. But he has too much influnce at Ibrox. When Le Guen came in, he was tasked with doing open hearts surgery on Rangers. The team was stale after the McLeish years. I think Le Guen identified the problem with Rangers and tried to set it right but poor results coupled with upsetting the untouchable barry led to a downfall for Le Guen. Think also poor signings also but he was changing the correct. So they go for the old Guard under WS and though he got them to the final of the uefa cup, the tactics are useless without barry so he needs a creative playmaker in midfield who can hold the team up otherwise it is going to be a long season for rangers.

Archived