Mendy couldn't get a WP

Nucky Thompson

Nucky Thompson

In an interview with the Scottish Sun, Mendy says the only reason he is not at Hearts is because he can't get a WP:cool: I thought he had a French passport.

Snake Plissken
In an interview with the Scottish Sun, Mendy says the only reason he is not at Hearts is because he can't get a WP:cool: I thought he had a French passport.

Thank you panel! :rolleyes:

Nucky Thompson

Pascal Mendy admits he'd love to join Rangers - despite helping Kaunas dump them out of Europe.

The Senegalese star, 29, moved to Lithuania last year in the belief he'd be loaned to Hearts before work permit problems thwarted those hopes.

But he hasn't given up hope of playing in Scotland - and insists he'd jump at the chance of a move to Ibrox.

Mendy said "I really hope a result like this will improve my chances of coming to Scotland now. I joined Kaunas believing I'd be loaned to Hearts and was left disappointed that I couldn't because I didn't have the work permit. If I do get it then I would go to Hearts straight away. But it's not just about Hearts. It could be a Scottish team, a French team, an English team. It could be Rangers. Any big team."

Guest JamboRobbo
Cant remember us trying to get a permit for him.

Maybe thats just what Vlad told him....

Exactly what I was thinking. It'd have been in the press if we'd applied for a WP right?

Nucky Thompson

Maybe thats just what Vlad told him....

The same thing crossed my mind:)

Exactly what I was thinking. It'd have been in the press if we'd applied for a WP right?

I'd have thought so

It was for Gogua even though we failed

What appears to happen with Hearts is the work permit applicant trains with us pending the decision.

Have we had 3 applications since Vlad?

Gogua, Obua and that young under 21 international left back - was he Georgian too?

I cant really remember. Maybe the fact that he was already at Kaunas meant that he didnt come across on trial therefore there was no pressure / no need to go public on his application...still a bit strange IMO

Ibrahim Tall
I'd have thought so It was for Gogua even though we failed What appears to happen with Hearts is the work permit applicant trains with us pending the decision. Have we had 3 applications since Vlad? Gogua, Obua and that young under 21 international left back - was he Georgian too? I cant really remember. Maybe the fact that he was already at Kaunas meant that he didnt come across on trial therefore there was no pressure / no need to go public on his application...still a bit strange IMO
Aye, Georgi Popkhadze

The Old Tolbooth

The work permit thing sometimes works in our favour too then :D

From what I saw of him against the huns, I thought he was nothing special and certainly no better than we already have.

Jambof3tornado

Funny how in that article he claims to want to play for gers but would come to hearts,that as usual you dont get to read what questions he was asked to give the answers to.

Didnt look that great IMO.

Seymour M Hersh
I'd have thought so

It was for Gogua even though we failed

What appears to happen with Hearts is the work permit applicant trains with us pending the decision.

Have we had 3 applications since Vlad?

Gogua, Obua and that young under 21 international left back - was he Georgian too?

I cant really remember. Maybe the fact that he was already at Kaunas meant that he didnt come across on trial therefore there was no pressure / no need to go public on his application...still a bit strange IMO

I'm sure someone told me we'd had our last five appeals applications turned down but I don't know if they have all been during Vlads tenure or not. Also did Kingston require one?

I'm sure someone told me we'd had our last five appeals applications turned down but I don't know if they have all been during Vlads tenure or not. Also did Kingston require one?

Did we actually get one for Hleb but just never implement it?

Kingston would have needed one.

Mendy

That Belarusian dude that got peshed with Hleb on a train?

Popkhadze?

Gogua?

Hleb?

Was Pinilla some sort of dual national?

Ryan Gosling

Mendy

Popkhadze?

Gogua?

Hleb?

There was a six month window where Hleb was automatically eligible but they never pushed it through.

Pinilla had an Italian passport.

Kingston got a work permit via the Home Office, didn't need an appeal.

Strakhanovich didn't qualify for one.

Ibrahim Tall

Mendy

Popkhadze?

Gogua?

Hleb?

Hamlet Mkhitaryan aswell shortly after Vlad arrived, not sure if it was the same time as Kizys/Miko/Cesny arrived or during the start of Burley reign though.

Hamlet Mkhitaryan aswell shortly after Vlad arrived, not sure if it was the same time as Kizys/Miko/Cesny arrived or during the start of Burley reign though.

Who ? :confused:

Ibrahim Tall
Who ? :confused:

Random Armenian midfielder from Ripo, apparently looked a pretty good player during his trial but we couldn't get him a permit.

Only a Game

That makes two reasons he's not at Hearts then.

1. He cant get a work permit

2. He's sh\te

That makes two reasons he's not at Hearts then.

2. He's sh\te

Being *****e does not exclude players from being at Hearts.

rudi must stay
Random Armenian midfielder from Ripo, apparently looked a pretty good player during his trial but we couldn't get him a permit.

didn't hear that. He's on FM 2007 as a Hearts player out on loan though so we must have been quite close to signing him

Only a Game
Being *****e does not exclude players from being at Hearts.

It does if even Vlad thinks they're sh|te:):)

Strange why we have never taken a player from Ripo as yet... (I am right in that am I?)

They're also renovating at the moment.

chester copperpot
I'd play him ahead of Neilson.

Not in DM you wouldn't.

I actually thought he had some nice touches, but was never a DM.

Do you know where hell is

I have no time for robbie "positioning" neilson but i have to say i would keep him in ahead of mendy.

Dirk Diggler
Not in DM you wouldn't.

I would.:)

Only a Game
Not in DM you wouldn't.

We used to say that about Wyness.:eek::eek:

I seem to recall a Mendy WP being refused, can't think that far back though. This Fiddler's Elbow is just too damn good ;)

Archived