Tynecastle tours

championsleaguefan

championsleaguefan

Why do the club not run stadium tours anymore? I remember going on a tour of tynie nearly 20 years ago fun day seeing the trophy room and the board room and dressing rooms. Just bored and looking for something to do for the Kids today. as it pouring again :sad:

Graeme Russell

Myself and the missus did a stadium tour in 1998. I had my camcorder with

me and got footage with the Scottish Cup. The cup was actually uplifted

that day on the tour and taken back to Glasgow. There were several other

adults with their kids attending, if anyone reads and remembers this i would

attempt to supply you a copy so you can see your not so little darlings now

who now possibly have their own kids.:)

Good idea and would work well on any match day,well before kickoff of course to prevent any problems.Would it take long to go around our trophy room?:wacko:

Good idea and would work well on any match day,well before kickoff of course to prevent any problems.Would it take long to go around our trophy room?:wacko:

Maybe not, but it would still be a lot longer than visiting Hibs trophy room .:107years: :107years:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Suppose the market would be to supporters clubs and kids teams but would expect hearts to accept any requests they got from them.

portobellojambo1
Suppose the market would be to supporters clubs and kids teams but would expect hearts to accept any requests they got from them.

I would imagine most people that want to see round the main stand have already done so Kenny (and I assume it would be the main stand people would want to see round, there isn't an awful lot to see on the concourses of the other 3 stands).

The fact that the main stand hasn't changed in an awful long time means that those that have already been round may see no point in doing so again at this time, however I would think that will all change once the new development goes up, and tours may then become a sound means of making some additional cash for the club, your captive audience increases dramatically as it is then new to everyone.

Say What Again
however I would think that will all change once the new development goes up, and tours may then become a sound means of making some additional cash for the club, your captive audience increases dramatically as it is then new to everyone.

That would have to be a must PJ1.

If and when the new stand is open, almost all Jambos will want a wee neb round

That would have to be a must PJ1.

If and when the new stand is open, almost all Jambos will want a wee neb round

By then we will all have mini hover ships that would allow us to fly on to the roof or teleport in to the trophie room... :P

Robbos Right Peg

Nothing much to see these days only the stuff in the Directors Room and some of that has been half-inched not so long back. The dressing rooms are depressing, some coat hooks on a wall and a mirror. Oh aye a mini hifi in the home dressing room probably for Clums benefit.

Don't think too many would pay money to see that rain or no rain.

Goldstone Wonder

I took my son and his friends on a tour of the stadium for his 6th birthday 3 years ago. I enjoyed it more than them but it was good fun. I can't remember how much it cost but I thought it was very reasonably priced. My boy got a wee certificate and loads of Panini stickers.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I did the tour in 1999. It was enjoyable although it's hardly comparable to the likes of Manchester United, if that's what people expect.

i think they still do it, but you gotta phone and book. we were looking into doing it a couple of years ago, and i want to say they did a tuesday & a thursday, and that its a volunteer who takes you round for the princely sum of about 3 scottish pounds.

give them a bell

99% sure they do still do tours.... dunno how often or if its just for special occasions or whatever, but i'm pretty sure they do.

I did the tour in 1999. It was enjoyable although it's hardly comparable to the likes of Manchester United, if that's what people expect.

I done the tynie tour the day after i had done the old trafford tour (i helped out on suspended timetable school trips). It certainly brings you back to earth when you see our b&q hooks in the tiny home changing room compared to OT where they have a room next door to practice ball skills that is bigger than our main area. Our away changing room is hilarious, i have bigger cupboards in my house (and my house is wee).

They were still doing tours two years ago. I went around with my family a couple of days after the cup final. It was superb.

Say What Again
although it's hardly comparable to the likes of Manchester United, if that's what people expect.

One of the best stadium tours I've been on was Villa Park.

The tour took well over an hour and you were taken everywhere. Doug Ellis office and the players canteen (where they had mocked up menus and the seating arrangements were even explained), as well as the usual dressing rooms, press conference area, stands, etc. You also walked out on to the pitch in match day atmosphere with stadium announcements and the music the teams walk out to blaring out. (I can't remember what it was but Republica - Ready to Go springs to mind).

The tour guide was clearly Villa daft and loved telling stories of their history as well as chatting away to me about Hearts when he asked what team I supported.

You were also invited to visit the club shop if you liked instead of lead through it like other tours.

Compare that to the last stadium tour I did, the San Siro in February. Rushed round the museum (no photos), this is the stand, this is the press area, these are the changing rooms.

Bye!

and here are the changing rooms..

4686513352a6948766570l.jpg

4686513352a6948766736l.jpg

Was down a few week ago for a wee break with the wife and bairns took them to Tynecastle for that very reason , went to reception to see but she said you have to phone in advance to book so they can arrange a time where you can get to see everything and its no dear. Only trouble it ended up costin me a fortune in the shop though.;)

Archived