UCAS Points

Eckauskas

I just happen to be working in the clearing department of a uni over the summer so spend my days accepting/declining applicants. We do not count standard grades towards the ucas tariff.

well then why do u get points for them according to the UCAS website calculator? :confused:

(serious question, im not just argueing for the sake of it here or saying your wrong!)

Not all uni's use the UCAS points - Edinburgh, Glasgow and St Andrews definately don't.

I don't believe for one second they count standard grades either.

Again, not saying your wrong, but how come you have to apply through UCAS for Glasgow then?

Definietly get down to Southampton, it's not as if you'll never be in Edinburgh again, like you said you love the place. Spread your wings and get out of your comfort zone. Thats part of the fun of university. It might also make you appreciate Edinburgh a bit more as well or alternatively, you might see it in a different light.

BoJack Horseman

The UCAS point system is optional. Some Unis will allow you to gain entry based on your points, meaning you could have like 6 Cs and have the same amount of points as someone with 3 As (I dono if thats true). Whereas other Unis prefer grades, generally BBBB, and no matter if you have 20 C's, they'll still want those 4 Bs.

The points system is really just to make it easier for people who find it difficult to achieve higher grades to get onto a course. Not a lot of places use the system. Napier does though.

kirstyhearts

I don't think your standard grades or int. 2's will count but I think you said you have experience. Get someone to contact Napier for you and plead your case. No point going to Southampton if you are not sure about it. It's a long way away when you aren't sure about moving. There's nothing worse than feeling miserable miles away from friends and family.

Archived