Setanta picture quality

red21

My picture on Setanta 1 and 2 is pixelated/flickery and freezes up eventually - anyone got the same? This happened even when the weather was better than the rain we have today so I don't think it's to do with that.

Have a feeling that Setanta would blame Sky and vice versa - anyone got any joy with getting in touch with Setanta about it?

always thought the qualty from setanta was pish. Mines has never froze though, that sounds more like a problem with you set top box?

ive got one of those dream box things, and this happens to me on sky sports. apparently you need to buy a signal booster. My setanta picture is perfect though

I had it at the begining of the Sellick game. Fine now. Im with sky..

Carl Spackler
My picture on Setanta 1 and 2 is pixelated/flickery and freezes up eventually - anyone got the same? This happened even when the weather was better than the rain we have today so I don't think it's to do with that.

Have a feeling that Setanta would blame Sky and vice versa - anyone got any joy with getting in touch with Setanta about it?

Do the installers not use a meter to check the signal strength when they are aligning the dish? Maybe your dish is needing re-aligned. Just a guess.

Get the impression that Setanta found a pile of old outside broadcast equipment in a bin in Queen Margaret Drive and decided to start a TV station. Some of the picture quality reminds me of Sportscene in the early 80s!

Carl Spackler

About 15 minutes after I posted last night I turned on my own Sky box to find a few channels with poor reception (intermittant signal) and it was fine the night before. Think it must just be the weather!

Do The Dance

Compare Setanta and Sky Sports and there is a massive difference. Setanta's pictures look like the camera has been scraped with grease. Sky picture is far superior - and the HD pictures are even better.

Archived