G10 letter to the Council

Nucky Thompson

shaun.lawson
Absolutely!

I am wondering why there is so much angst and hand wringing on this thread. As you point out they are trying to do something to assist the club. Do people feel they have to everything to shreds just to keep up there online reputations?

Fair comment, SMH. To clarify my view: the letter itself is fine and well written. I just quibbled over the numbers because it might affect the G10's credibility in the eyes of those reading it - but all in all, it's only a minor point really.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Where I live (South West London is not only a hugely affluent area, it is 90% Chelsea fans.

The divide roughly into four groups

1. Working class used to go can't afford it watch on telly (still buy strips and shout "Come on my Chels!" at the pub telly

2. Working class who have made it to middle class and kept their season tickets going (good guys in my experience)

3. Combat 18/loyalist neds - not many of them but enough to cause trouble on away trips

4. prawn sandwiches johnny come latelys who started oing when they got rich in the 80's

Chelsea only need category 4 now, sadly.

Not a bad summation though the latelys didn't really start turning up in big numbers until the early '90s. I watched all those changes as I lived in Vanston Place and then Wandsworth Bridge Road from '85 through '98.

I've got mates that have given up their season tickets and now share two between four. The Bridge is soulless compared to what it used to be like when the old Shed was in good voice.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Re the trams: How can they proceed while Edinburgh council is holding a begging bowl to any proposed development in the city? Surely the council would have secured the funding for such an excellent proposition? :rolleyes:

(Yours from Melbourne where trams are a fabric of the city, but then the streets are wide enough to have two tram lines up the middle of the street and cars either side of this).

However what is ridiculous is this....that the 25,000 are actively involved in the supporters organisations as opposed to merely active supporters

Exactly. I see nobody has yet appeared to explain how this number was arrived at. :rolleyes:

Seymour M Hersh
Fair comment, SMH. To clarify my view: the letter itself is fine and well written. I just quibbled over the numbers because it might affect the G10's credibility in the eyes of those reading it - but all in all, it's only a minor point really.

SL it's not like football fans to exaggerate now is it? Pretty harmless imo.:)

Re the trams: How can they proceed while Edinburgh council is holding a begging bowl to any proposed development in the city? Surely the council would have secured the funding for such an excellent proposition? :rolleyes:

(Yours from Melbourne where trams are a fabric of the city, but then the streets are wide enough to have two tram lines up the middle of the street and cars either side of this).

Now that the so-called 'Waterfront' development is dead in the water, I wonder who will be asked to top up the funding for the tram line to nowhere ...

Jam Tarts 1874
Our proposed development at this point is absolutely bonkers.

Opines kickback's resident "expert". :rolleyes:

Once you have been in commercial property fund management for nearly 20 years (as I have), maybe you might have something worth saying. So far everything you have contributed to this debate is absolute garbage and just demonstrates that you have no knowledge whatsover of commercial property development, how it works, how profits are made and the timescales involved for commercial property developers in terms of expected returns on investment.

Opines kickback's resident "expert". :rolleyes:

Once you have been in commercial property fund management for nearly 20 years (as I have), maybe you might have something worth saying. So far everything you have contributed to this debate is absolute garbage and just demonstrates that you have no knowledge whatsover of commercial property development, how it works, how profits are made and the timescales involved for commercial property developers in terms of expected returns on investment.

My thoughts on this subject are in this thread. It would appear that other companies are cutting back on their projects in Edinburgh.

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=20634

I do find your posts amusing though.

Archived