jose couceiro

chazza74

early days but we may have drawn the short straw with laslo,couceiro certainly got his team playing with passion,something we have lacked for a long time

early days but we may have drawn the short straw with laslo,couceiro certainly got his team playing with passion,something we have lacked for a long time

zzzzzzzzzzzzz...................................

Did you not watch sunday's game? Hearts played with more urgency and passion than almost all of last season (barring the 4-2 rankgers game).

Cant tell if youre on the wind up. Would hope so.

portobellojambo1

Last night's result was not a reflection of how good Couceiro is, it is a reflection of how poor Rangers are, and how much they depend on one or two players, who when out make them look no better than Hibs.

Alll this based on one match against terrible opposition..... I don't like your logic even if were "just a thought"

zzzzzzzzzzzzz...................................

Did you not watch sunday's game? Hearts played with more urgency and passion than almost all of last season (barring the 4-2 rankgers game).

Cant tell if youre on the wind up. Would hope so.

i was at the game mate, maybe it looked better on tv but i didn`t see the passion i saw last night

i was at the game mate, maybe it looked better on tv but i didn`t see the passion i saw last night

Last night was a champions league qualifier against one of the biggest teams in Scotland.

Sunday was an afternoon friendly against Hull in a pretty empty stadium.

Which game would you rather play in? On Sunday I saw a marked improvement on last seasons efforts.

Kaunas were there for the taking up until they scored. Good strike but if Mcgregor hadnt been trying to do a tv save should have got it. This gave Kaunas confidence at precisely the right time and came out in the second half on the up. That being said Rancers could and should have seen the game out and though Kaunas came into it in the final 20. Point is it was more about Rancers deficancies than Kaunas being a great side. Kaunas gained there confidence from Rancers not being very good and that showed in the forward momentum in the final phase. IMO was more about confidence than passion which may be the same thing

Last night was a champions league qualifier against one of the biggest teams in Scotland.

Sunday was an afternoon friendly against Hull in a pretty empty stadium.

Which game would you rather play in? On Sunday I saw a marked improvement on last seasons efforts.

i`d certainly say there is an improvement on last year,but i was impressed with the commitment of the kaunas players,

Buffalo Bill
i did say early days mate :rolleyes: i`m 100% behind csaba, just a thought though

Like you, I'm 100% behind Csaba and hopefully he'll be awarded time and patience before judgement is cast.

Buffalo Bill

funktasticlad

Seriously are you for real? We must have the most fickle support in football, Csaba shouldnt be judged untill hes been in the job for at least a season.

Like you, I'm 100% behind Csaba and hopefully he'll be awarded time and patience before judgement is cast.

Buffalo Bill

Not much chance of that on here mate!

Seriously are you for real? We must have the most fickle support in football, Csaba shouldnt be judged untill hes been in the job for at least a season.

i`m not judging csaba mate as i said i`m 100% behind him and hope vlad gives him time to build his own team only then can he be judged, until then i`m right behind him

Billy the Jambo

FFS he got a good result against a crap rangers team and now he is a world beater.If the mad one appointed him as a manager you would be probably one of the first on here moaning about it .I know i would have been .I think Csaba the man to do a job for us at least so far he has not been a puppet for the mad one

Nope

Not backing the OP on this point

That said it did seem strange that a week after we appointed the Uganda coach, Kaunas appointed an ex Porto coach.

I dont think we should worry. I'd imagine we'll get the chance to measure Couceiro against Csaba in due course.....

That said it did seem strange that a week after we appointed the Uganda coach, Kaunas appointed an ex Porto coach.

I dont think we should worry. I'd imagine we'll get the chance to measure Couceiro against Csaba in due course.....

Doesn't matter that he was a coach at Borrusia Munchengladbach, asssistant coach of the Hungarian national side or head coach at Ferencvaros then.

Doesn't matter that he was a coach at Borrusia Munchengladbach, asssistant coach of the Hungarian national side or head coach at Ferencvaros then.

No. Cut and paste those words in if you want, but add "youth coach" to the BM role.

On the face of it it seemed strange. He was clearly in talks with both at around the same time, was keen enough to appoint both, and chose the one with more top level experience to go to Kaunas

Not saying it was wrong.

Keep your hair on :)

No. Cut and paste those words in if you want, but add "youth coach" to the BM role.

On the face of it it seemed strange. He was clearly in talks with both at around the same time, was keen enough to appoint both, and chose the one with more top level experience to go to Kaunas

Not saying it was wrong.

Keep your hair on :)

How did he chose the one with more top level experience are you basing this on the fact Couciero was Porto coach for 4 months

Boab Mugabe

Couceiro is an absolute imbecile. Do not be fooled by this result.

He is Mourinho without the managerial ability.

How did he chose the one with more top level experience are you basing this on the fact Couciero was Porto coach for 4 months

I dont really want to get into an argument about something I dont think is that important but what top level experience did Csaba have?

Youth coach at BM - no

Assistant at Hungary - no

Manager at Ferencvaros? - debatable

Uganda - no

Despite this, I am happy with the appointment and glad we have who we have.

Vlad gave them the background to Rangers, picked the team and roused them with a pre-match pep talk.

Nah just joking.

But he always gets the blame when things go wrong.

Jammy, whilst I almost always agree with what you have to say, if you are implying that Couceiro would have been a better option than Csaba then I'd have to say you are greatly mistaken mate. Coucerio's record is dreadful and one Swallow doesn't make a summer (as was a favourite phrase on here a couple of years back).

Whilst Kaunas impressed in stages it was ultimately Rankgers that contributed to their own downfall with Watty playing for the old classic ?Huns away from home draw?. Don?t get me wrong, the first goal was a screamer and the second was well worked but that was one of the worst Hun sides I've seen in a long time. The result was down to managerial incompetence rather than managerial excellence.

I dont really want to get into an argument about something I dont think is that important but what top level experience did Csaba have?

Youth coach at BM - no

Assistant at Hungary - no

Manager at Ferencvaros? - debatable

Uganda - no

Despite this, I am happy with the appointment and glad we have who we have.

I don't want to get into an argument either merely questioning why you thought the appointments were strange.

Victor Meldrew

The typical Kickback overreaction to a single result!

Couceiro and hi Kaunas team did very well last night. It is a great achievement and they deserve credit for it.

However, when comparing him with Laszlo, don't forget his Ferencvaros team also did relatively well in Europe.

I don't want to get into an argument either merely questioning why you thought the appointments were strange.

"on the face of it" a guy who has coached predominantly in Portugals top league, and was the main man for their under 21 team would appear the more likely choice for Vlad to go for for Hearts than someone with Csaba's CV, and likewise Csaba more likely for Kaunas

Lets face it both were debatable choices at the time.

Jammy, whilst I almost always agree with what you have to say, if you are implying that Couceiro would have been a better option than Csaba then I'd have to say you are greatly mistaken mate. Coucerio's record is dreadful and one Swallow doesn't make a summer (as was a favourite phrase on here a couple of years back).

I expressly said I did not agree with the OP, and do not think Couceiro would have been the better choice

From a casual glance at both coaches CVs it appears surprising to me that Vlad chose the way he did.

Neither has a good record with their club teams but Couceiro was at least bad in a better league

Csaba took Ferencvaros to 2nd and 5th having joined them as champions.

I'm not making a political point, just a casual observation.

I do think we will be able to judge Couceiro at some point though as I think he will be at Hearts within the next season or 2 in some shape or form

Arthur Axident

Possibly with Couceiro in at Kaunas and Csaba & Werner doing there stuff at Tynie maybe this would be a shift towards what the Pyramid should be like ie better coaches filtering down better knowledge and development to all the younger players involved and of course better connections to players outwith the Pyramid.

Arf

"on the face of it" a guy who has coached predominantly in Portugals top league, and was the main man for their under 21 team would appear the more likely choice for Vlad to go for for Hearts than someone with Csaba's CV, and likewise Csaba more likely for Kaunas

Lets face it both were debatable choices at the time.

Thought you didn't want to get into an argument. For what it's worth i dissagree let's leave it at that

I expressly said I did not agree with the OP, and do not think Couceiro would have been the better choice

From a casual glance at both coaches CVs it appears surprising to me that Vlad chose the way he did.

Neither has a good record with their club teams but Couceiro was at least bad in a better league

Csaba took Ferencvaros to 2nd and 5th having joined them as champions.

I'm not making a political point, just a casual observation.

I do think we will be able to judge Couceiro at some point though as I think he will be at Hearts within the next season or 2 in some shape or form

Apologises, that part didn't quite sink in! Just seemed you thought Coucerio was a better option but that'll teach me to read things over.

Whilst I agree that neither has set the heather on fire I feel we have a better coach/manager in Csaba. Mountains have been made out of mole hills with last nights result (as is the norm in here) but IMHO we have the better of the two. I agree that whilst Romanov has a controlling stake in Hearts chances are we will see Coucerio at Hearts in some form or other.

Ryan Gosling

Couceiro was given the job of 'taking Kaunas to the next level' with coaching and 'motivation'.

Csaba's our manager, simple as.

Thought you didn't want to get into an argument. For what it's worth i dissagree let's leave it at that

There is a chance Vlad thinks that Couceira was the better man to get players at Kaunas up to SPL / EPL level, and that Csaba was the best man to manage everyone once here.

ps I'm not arguing

Apologises, that part didn't quite sink in! Just seemed you thought Coucerio was a better option but that'll teach me to read things over.

No no, not at all

I think the point simply was if Hearts fans had generally been offered a relative unknown average ex manager of Porto over a relative unknown average ex manager of Uganda / Ferencvaros before we had heard them speak, known anything about them etc the instinct would have been - if we have to have one of them lets take the average ex-Porto manager.

Its easy now saying we made the right choice, but at the time the decisions were being made, had we known Vlad was interviewing Csaba and Couceiro, I bet we would all have at least been split down the middle if not favouring Couceiro

Ryan Gosling

Also, if Vlad truly believes what he said last night, then why give us an ex-Porto coach to take us to the next level if he thinks the authorities will prevent it. Couceiro got a few of his ex-clubs relegated but he should be more than good enough for Kaunas as proven last night.

He's probably the right coach to lift the Kaunas players but we need someone hard and disciplined like Csaba first of all.

No no, not at all

I think the point simply was if Hearts fans had generally been offered a relative unknown average ex manager of Porto over a relative unknown average ex manager of Uganda / Ferencvaros before we had heard them speak, known anything about them etc the instinct would have been - if we have to have one of them lets take the average ex-Porto manager.

Its easy now saying we made the right choice, but at the time the decisions were being made, had we known Vlad was interviewing Csaba and Couceiro, I bet we would all have at least been split down the middle if not favouring Couceiro

I'd have to agree with that, think the majority of us would have been more keen on the Ex Porto coach (without hindsight).

I cant wait till the school holidays are over,and we dont have to listen to drivel like this:mad:

Guest S.U.S.S.

What a crap thread, Hearts have not kicked a ball in anger yet The Loverman may not be up to it.

Get a grip OP.

Archived