Ledesma

Moriarty

I'd be prepared to bet that Raphael Shecht didn't play in 75% of Brazil's games before his move to Celtic...

Ryan Gosling
I'd be prepared to bet that Raphael Shecht didn't play in 75% of Brazil's games before his move to Celtic...

He didn't, but he had been capped by Brazil and was considered one of their 'future prospects' and so got one on appeal.

seems ridiculous that a decent player from a nation with a very good international team ie. brazil, argentina etc cant get a work permit without entering the lottery that is the appeals procedure whilst someone from a lesser nation (ie less competative to get into international team )does not have the same difficulties. doesnt make any sense whatsoever:confused:

Can't honestly say i was that impressed with either Ledesma or Mendy.:cool:

Me neither - and a Hun team even a few weeks into the season would have murdered Kaunus.

Clerry Jambo
The brainwashing on this site is so sad now. If it plays for Kaunas and looks even a quarter good let's take it. Vlad's thinking is insidiously invading some people's thinking to the extent that we'll be holidaying in submarines soon.

Hahahahaha - I agree mate.

The plethora of talent that is Kaunas.......I respect Romanov will want some of his countryman to come over here, make a name for themselves and then flog them (aka Velicka) but in the main they are just not good enough, simple as that.

We have missed out on so many promising young players from nearer home just to fill our squad with distinctly average players........meaning we finish 8th in a poxy league

Would the Lithuanian FA not be tempted to press for his nationalisation, given the number of Brazilians who already play for European nations? (Eduardo Da Silva, Deco, etc)

I reckon Hearts should try to appeal for a WP for Ledesma, he is easily SPL standard.

Lithuanian suporters do not want any foreigners in national team. And lithuanina passport can be given only by president, so lets think why he should give ledesma lithuanina passport? he needs passport to move to scotland / i dont think this reason is good enough. playing inlithuanian league for few seasons isnt an achievement what is worth lithuanina passport. So forget about ledesma, unles he wins an apeal

Uncle Bobby B

What was the deal with Screpis?

What would be the difference between him and Ledesma reguarding a work permit? Unless Screpis has a european passport? :confused:

What was the deal with Screpis?

What would be the difference between him and Ledesma reguarding a work permit? Unless Screpis has a european passport? :confused:

Screpis had an EU passport. Bot he was so bad at Kaunas , so everybody were happy he moved to hearts :)

seems ridiculous that a decent player from a nation with a very good international team ie. brazil, argentina etc cant get a work permit without entering the lottery that is the appeals procedure whilst someone from a lesser nation (ie less competative to get into international team )does not have the same difficulties. doesnt make any sense whatsoever:confused:

So they should just let anyone into the country from Brazil or Argentina, simply because the country has a good football team?

and if he hasn't then it goes to appeal.

at which point we use the two games against rangers to say he would improve the league and should be allowed in.

capiche ;)

At which point, the answer will be no way.

wheatfield to sheffield

Something no-one has mentioned yet. I may be wrong but ...

Lithuania is in the European Union. Ledesma is from outside the EU, so he must have a WP to be playing in Lithuania. Does that mean he has a Lithuanian WP, or a European Union WP? Surely there should be no difference and so he could theoretically move to any other EU country without needing a new piece of paper?

Charlie-Brown

Lithuania is in the European Union. Ledesma is from outside the EU, so he must have a WP to be playing in Lithuania. Does that mean he has a Lithuanian WP, or a European Union WP? Surely there should be no difference and so he could theoretically move to any other EU country without needing a new piece of paper?

Each EU country has their own immigration regulations applicable to their country - some have more stringent criteria than others.

there is diference in some countries like uk and denmark.

Thig Ar Latha

Why are folk so keen on this man. Yes he's a good player with good vision and great in a dead ball situation, but probably a bit lightweight for the Premier League.

It should also be remembered the Standard of Team Kaunas were playing on Tuesday. It was only Rangers and their Tom Kite.

I would like to see him up against some decent opposition before I would even consider him.:)

Why are folk so keen on this man. Yes he's a good player with good vision and great in a dead ball situation, but probably a bit lightweight for the Premier League.

It should also be remembered the Standard of Team Kaunas were playing on Tuesday. It was only Rangers and their Tom Kite.

I would like to see him up against some decent opposition before I would even consider him.:)

Considering how much of a "waste of a thread" this is, you seem to take a keen interest in it.

Thig Ar Latha
Considering how much of a "waste of a thread" this is, you seem to take a keen interest in it.

It won't go away so a second post won't do any harm.

Damn. 3 now!

(Waste of a thread referred to talking about a WP for someone who could never qualify under current rules, which don't look like changing anytime soon)

It won't go away so a second post won't do any harm.

Damn. 3 now!

(Waste of a thread referred to talking about a WP for someone who could never qualify under current rules, which don't look like changing anytime soon)

(Yeah, I guessed that...)

Archived