St Mingins new Stadium ready for January(NHC)

Morry

2599991215_502659fa69.jpg?v=0

http://flickr.com/photos/22753910@N05/2599991215

Located 1 mile from Love St. Doesn't have an offical name yet however I hear 'bucky-bowl' is popular amongst fans. Can you come up with a catchy name for the new Love St?

8,000 Capacity a bit tam white, but probably sensible for a club like them to keep a half decent atmosphere. I hear there's a train station right outside which will be re-named St Mirren FC station. Great for games when you cant decide who's goana drive and who's goana drink!

I hope it suffers from severe subsidence and becomes unusable. Can't stand St Midden. I wish the council had refused planning permission and the club had gone bust. :mad: :mad:

Looks smaller than Almondvale, that stand must only be about 15 rows high.

Think your being a bit generous, looks no more than 10 to me. No way that holds 8k unless the main stand is 3 times the size of the rest of them :confused:

Pants Shaton

Hope the whole thing sinks into the disused mine shafts above which it has been built (preferably whilst they're playing Rangers or Celtic).

(Edit: Beaten to it by therapist - what are the chances?)

Looks like yet another souless, snore inducing, could be anywhere plastic ground.

As an aside, i saw somebody who lives locally to me with a St Midden car sticker.

How anybody could support that filth is beyond me.

:mad:

As an aside, i saw somebody who lives locally to me with a St Midden car sticker.

How anybody could support that filth is beyond me.

:mad:

And you didn't torch the car ? You have let us down. :mad:

Rightly or wrongly they will have a new stadium, good playing surface, decent facilities behind the scenes and the room to add to the capacity -- 8000 is about right -- check attendances over last 10 years and only twice has it been achieved.

So good luck to them -- no debt and some money in the bank for training facilities to be built -- they are in a better position than staying at Love Street -- well except for where the ground is located -- look after your hubcaps !!

PS of course I still bear grudges especially having lived there in the past.

coppercrutch
Looks like yet another souless, snore inducing, could be anywhere plastic ground.

Indeed. I am no architect but making a wee stadium a little bit 'individual' and putting in a few wee strange bits can't cost that much more ?

Went through this in the US in the 70's and 80's. Built all these soulless big 'modern' stadiums. Years later everyone is bored with them and they are now designing them with a bit of individuality. What you reckon this happens in the UK in about 20-30 years.

PS - Despise these Paisley wannabe wiedgies but even worse should all just stab each other in the face **** hole *****.

Pete Seeger
Rightly or wrongly they will have a new stadium, good playing surface, decent facilities behind the scenes and the room to add to the capacity -- 8000 is about right -- check attendances over last 10 years and only twice has it been achieved.

So good luck to them -- no debt and some money in the bank for training facilities to be built -- they are in a better position than staying at Love Street -- well except for where the ground is located -- look after your hubcaps !!

PS of course I still bear grudges especially having lived there in the past.

Where is it? Ferguslie park?

Deans Jambo
Indeed. I am no architect but making a wee stadium a little bit 'individual' and putting in a few wee strange bits can't cost that much more ?

I think this everytime a chairmen of some diddy team is pictured in his "fantastic" new stadium that quite frankly could be any teams, if the seats were a different colour!

winchester 73
Where is it? Ferguslie park?

Yeah near enough.

I think it's a Tesco value stadium they are getting.

ps

I quite like Paisley and their football team,(despite 1986 thingy) so there.

Let's hope by the time they move in they are at LEAST 1/2 way towards the 1st div back where they belong!

Paisley Jambo
Hope someone torches it the night before its due to open.

Lowlifes.

The stadium lies on the edge of the notorious Ferguslie Park area so there is every chance.;)

I wouldn't travel by car if I were you on the edge of bandit country.

FERRYABROAD
Yeah near enough.

I think it's a Tesco value stadium they are getting.

ps

I quite like Paisley and their football team,(despite 1986 thingy) so there.

Aye it's Tesco who are funding it with Barr doing their usual soul-less Maccano job*.

Job's on-track at the moment for safety tests in november prior to first game pencilled in for December.

The site security firm they hired is run by a local gangster - which actually makes sense when you think about it !

Biggest problem on the site is the number of used needles lobbed over the hoardings each night !!!

* = albeit with the finest ventilation systems money can buy !!!

heartgarfunkel

Possible names?

Thirty Pieces of Silver Stadium

The Judas Bowl

Absolutely hate them. St. Mirren must be raging on her cloud having her name associated with McGarvey's Mercenaries. The *******s.

Archived