Russell Anderson?

By the light

By the light

What are people's thoughts on targeting Anderson to play along side Berra?

He'll be nowhere near the first team with the squad Keane is building down there and would be a great partner for developing Berra. He also wouldn't cost the earth to bring back to the SPL where he has always been a stand out player. He is also captain material which might take a bit pressure off Berra and allow him to concentrate on improving his game.

Does anyone know what his situation is at the moment? And would you take him at Hearts?

Commander Harris

Didn't Sunderland pay a pretty decent fee? can't see them wanting to lose money on him and would probably be looking for a similar fee.

personally I think he would improve our defence and be good for Berra to have an experienced centre half beside him.

Guest juvehearts

good player, weither he is better than zal or kristos i dont know.

our problem isnt defensive it is offensive

Seymour M Hersh
Are you drunk?

I have to agree with that to a degree. I have never personally rated Anderson and always wondered what the fuss was. I don't that quick and is a light-weight (as has been clearly apparent down south). The woodland troll that is Diamond was his minder ffs! Not for me but that's only my opinion. Probably on heavy dosh now as well.

the voice from above

It's Anderson's leadership qualities more than his footballing ability which would imo make him a good signing.

I thought he'd gone to Plymouth though?

Gigolo-Aunt
It's Anderson's leadership qualities more than his footballing ability which would imo make him a good signing.

I thought he'd gone to Plymouth though?

He was on loan but had no intention of going on a full time basis.

The Comedian
I have to agree with that to a degree. I have never personally rated Anderson and always wondered what the fuss was. I don't that quick and is a light-weight (as has been clearly apparent down south). The woodland troll that is Diamond was his minder ffs! Not for me but that's only my opinion. Probably on heavy dosh now as well.

Fair enough, for me though he was a rock for Aberdeen. He's a consistent performer In our league, strong and organised with experience, he could be the new Pressely IMO. He's easily better than Zaliukas and Karipidis, easily.

We should break the bank to get him. He could be a great partner for Berra who could actually comunicate with him for a change.

Guest juvehearts
Are you drunk?

Why would i be drunk?

Anderson is in his early 30's his leadership quality's are good, he has a few scotland caps to his name & imo would be a good signing.

i agree he would be a good signing, weither he is as good as what we have got i dont know.

last season was a joke, we had no leadership or structure

with the appointment of laszlo this is back & i believe that we will see the full potential of our players.

like i said our problem is not deffensive it is offensive we need a striker that can bag 20/30 goals a season.

if you dont see this then i as, are you drunk?

While Anderson may not be as quick as he used to be his defending, experience and leadership qualities mean that he would be an ideal player to have alongside Berra. If we were able to get him on loan, then I think that provided we don't sign a RB then Karapidis could do a job at right back for us. It would also give us good height at the back and for going forward for set pieces. Still think that a RB and strikers are more of a priority than CB but would definitely take Anderson.

By the light

A quick google says he's 29 about to turn 30 in October.

Still have a good 3 or 4 years at SPL level IMO, his positioning and communication would help Berra no end as this is where I feel he is weak. I can't see him moving to Plymouth so a return to the SPL would most likely appeal.

The Comedian
Why would i be drunk?

Anderson is in his early 30's his leadership quality's are good, he has a few scotland caps to his name & imo would be a good signing.

i agree he would be a good signing, weither he is as good as what we have got i dont know.

with the appointment of laszlo this is back & i believe that we will see the full potential of our players.

like i said our problem is not deffensive it is offensive we need a striker that can bag 20/30 goals a season.

I fine well know we require a forward player who can score a goal or two. I also want us to Improve defensively and RA will do that. He's 29 not 31/32 , a good age for a center back.

You agree he's a good signing then don't think he'll Improve our squad? :confused: Zaliukas and Karipidis aren't good enough. Anderson Is.

We need someone who can dominate in the air, particularly as our goalkeeper does not.

Someone of the stature and dominating personality of Mowbray (as a player!) or Alan McLaren or Balde. Physically imposing. Would also be useful to have someone decent in the air for our corners/free kicks.

Don't think Anderson is that player.

Harry Kinnear

Decent player but surely our priority is attacking midfielder and a 15+ goals a season striker

Guest juvehearts
I fine well know we require a forward player who can score a goal or two. I also want us to Improve defensively and RA will do that. He's 29 not 31/32 , a good age for a center back.

You agree he's a good signing then don't think he'll Improve our squad? :confused: Zaliukas and Karipidis aren't good enough. Anderson Is.

yes he is a good signing, but i'd rather hearts targeted players that we need rather than ones that could boost our squad.

if we get anderson then we have another player on the books geting a wage to sit on the bench where as we need a striker that can score goals.

The Old Tolbooth
good player, weither he is better than zal or kristos i dont know.

our problem isnt defensive it is offensive

We have problems throughout the whole side mate.

Left back, right back, centre half, Goalkeeper, centre mid, and most of all up front.

By the light
yes he is a good signing, but i'd rather hearts targeted players that we need rather than ones that could boost our squad.

if we get anderson then we have another player on the books geting a wage to sit on the bench where as we need a striker that can score goals.

I would argue that we still need a centre half, yes a striker is paramount but a centre half is required all the same. We conceded too many sloppy goals last year, goals we haven't conceded for the few seasons before that. It can be the difference between grinding out 1-0 wins or stealing a point we haven't deserved it. I'd rather we were hard to beat (what Levein did with us and is now doing at Dundee Utd) than start perpetuating the Hibs myth of losing with flair.

I think RA is a good player but my problem with him is that through most of his career he has been injury prone and missed a large chunk of last season again through injury.

We have enough long term injured players collecting a wage without adding another.

Why would i be drunk?

Anderson would be a big improvement both as a player and his attitude.

Having a new manager who is as yet unknown does not mean that some of Hearts average players will get better this season. The squad is still below standard and there are no signs of any half decent signings in areas that obviously need strengthening. I do admire your optimism though.

What are people's thoughts on targeting Anderson to play along side Berra?

We'd be better playing with 10 men than playing Anderson. Yet another over rated clown like Rhat Bhoy.

I would argue that we still need a centre half, yes a striker is paramount but a centre half is required all the same. We conceded too many sloppy goals last year, goals we haven't conceded for the few seasons before that. It can be the difference between grinding out 1-0 wins or stealing a point we haven't deserved it. I'd rather we were hard to beat (what Levein did with us and is now doing at Dundee Utd) than start perpetuating the Hibs myth of losing with flair.

Thats my opinion too mate. I'd don't recall leaving Tynie unhappy at a victory under Leveins stewardship, a loss (understandably) yes, but always happy when we won.

Anderson would be a very good player for us and I've been saying that since last pre season.

Archived