Rod Stewart

Walter Kidd

Walter Kidd

Apart from his dodgy team affiliation, I must admit that Rod and the Faces were a fantastic band. His early solo stuff is good also.

He bought me a beer in St Ettiene after we got thumped by Morocco so he is not all bad.

Apart from his dodgy team affiliation, I must admit that Rod and the Faces were a fantastic band. His early solo stuff is good also.

He bought me a beer in St Ettiene after we got thumped by Morocco so he is not all bad.

You went from Lennon straight to Stewart?

Either you are proper mental, or you have had a few pots tonight.:)

Walter Kidd
You went from Lennon straight to Stewart?

Either you are proper mental, or you have had a few pots tonight.:)

Stone cold sober handsome. Double Fantasy to Atlantic Crossing. Not a bad choice for a chilled out Monday.

My choice. Not yours.

chester copperpot

From a man who once slated Weller.

Stewart is like your uncle who supports another team. You want to like him because he's family (Scottish), but he's just garbage. Even the Cellick fans dislike him.

Music wise though, spot on! (Joke)

Rod Stewart - as Scottish as jellied eels.Recorded mostly p*sh.

His daughter Kimberley however, did recently put in a fine performance on Never Mind the Buzzcocks - :horny:

Walter Kidd
From a man who once slated Weller.

Stewart is like your uncle who supports another team. You want to like him because he's family (Scottish), but he's just garbage. Even the Cellick fans dislike him.

Music wise though, spot on! (Joke)

Weller's new album is the stuff of genius. A welcome return to form. I don't like Stewart's later stuff (Young Turks and all that) but his stuff with the faces up to and including Atlantic Crossing is fantastic.

And he is an old mod like me.

With love as always Chester.

X

I P Knightley
His feature in Python Lee Jackson's In a Broken Dream was IMO one of his best

Recorded in the late '60s when he was a little-known session artist and Python Lee Jackson were a bubbling under band whose lead singer was a bit under the weather. They thought they'd try out this Stewart bloke since they had the studio time.

The song & band bombed. PLJ's own singer had been shown up to be mediocre and the band folded. (Think the apprentice's pillar in Roslin Chapel).

Then when Rod had solo success, the guys in the record company dusted down In a Broken Dream and re-released it in '72 or '73.

Rod was good up to about '75-'76. Do Ya think I'm Sexy blew it, though.

It took Tom Waits songs to boost his career in the mid-'80s but he's been nothing more than a lounge singer/crooner for the last 20 years.

It's be interesting to see the Faces if they get back together.

Adi Dassler

C'mon mate.

This is a man who supports both Celtic and Manchester United.

He cannot be liked.

Musically or otherwise.

;)

Archived