Do we want anyone from Kaunas after tomorrows game?

colinzeal

I assume after tomorrow we will see some arrivals from Kaunas, is there anyone we want?

I have to say, i would probably take Mendy, from what i have heard he is good going forward as a full back, but needs to work on his defensive side.

Im sure Csaba could get him sorted and right back is a position we definately need to strengthen. If we are not going to spend money, i think he is worth a shot.

yep only mendy for me. i would like a look at ledesma but i dont think we need another midfielder.

Csaba's Broon Shoes

No thanks

Been there

Done it

Seen it

Read the book

Got the t-shirt

jackjambo22
I assume after tomorrow we will see some arrivals from Kaunas, is there anyone we want?

I have to say, i would probably take Mendy, from what i have heard he is good going forward as a full back, but needs to work on his defensive side.

Im sure Csaba could get him sorted and right back is a position we definately need to strengthen. If we are not going to spend money, i think he is worth a shot.

One for one or two for two then :P

portobellojambo1

Hopefully the decision on who does and who does not come will rest in the hands of the manager, but of all their players the only one I would be interested in seeing at Tynecastle would be Rafael Ledesma, who might offer us something different up front.

sergent garcia
Only if we get to send some of the pish back.

some of the pish seems to be the only guys who can score goal in all preseason for you...

Ibrahim Tall

Ledesma.

Given how much Smith & McCoist talked him up before the first leg as a threat, surely it's clear he'd be a "benefit to Scottish football", or would that just be if they went for him. :rolleyes:

Ledesma.

Given how much Smith & McCoist talked him up before the first leg as a threat, surely it's clear he'd be a "benefit to Scottish football", or would that just be if they went for him. :rolleyes:

Only if he's played 75% of the Brasil international games,regardless who wanted him in Scotland, he doesn't qualify.

the general
yep only mendy for me. i would like a look at ledesma but i dont think we need another midfielder.

I heard on Sunday that our new gaffer doesnt rate ladesma as he is too lazy

Ibrahim Tall
Only if he's played 75% of the Brasil international games,regardless who wanted him in Scotland, he doesn't qualify.

To automatically qualify yes, on appeal however that isn't always necessary. Denilson hadn't at Arsenal, Jo at Man City etc, even Juninho at Celtic and Emerson at Rangers were miles off the 75% mark.

Just like Scheidt and Mizuno I assume.

chester copperpot

Controversial I know but here goes.

Pilibiatis seems a right good player, problem is that when he was at Hearts, we never actually had a proper manager here.

Ledesma, in a heart beat. He may be a Midfielder, but IMO we are missing a goalscoring midfielder since PH left. We will struggle with the WP though.

Mendy, Meh, dont know enough about him, apparently quite poor last year but has came onto a game recently. I dont know, given our record of Kaunas players.

We wont get any if Rangers get emptied tmrw night, as they'll all be kept for the Aalborg tie, then the Uefa cup qualifier thereafter.

I (like 99% of you ;) ) have not seen Ledesma or Mendy play so I cannot comment. The only ones I have seen play are Kancelskis and Rimkevicius. Kancelskis would be a better option than Zaliukas, that is about all I can say tbh. I felt he was not suited for the Scottish game.

Fat Striker

Pilibiatis seems a right good player, problem is that when he was at Hearts, we never actually had a proper manager here.

I really do think he'll be back over at Hearts pretty soon unless Kaunas beat Rangers.

Drylaw Hearts

Ledesma, in a heart beat. He may be a Midfielder, but IMO we are missing a goalscoring midfielder since PH left. We will struggle with the WP though.

Mendy, Meh, dont know enough about him, apparently quite poor last year but has came onto a game recently. I dont know, given our record of Kaunas players.

We wont get any if Rangers get emptied tmrw night, as they'll all be kept for the Aalborg tie, then the Uefa cup qualifier thereafter.

CC...

I have to ask...

What have you seen of Pilibiatis since he left Hearts that makes you think he now seems a "right good player" ?

Also..

Why would you take Ledsema "in a heart beat" ?

Your opinion on Mendy is you "don't know enough about him" but we already know Pillow well enough to say he was absolutely rank and what do we really know about this Ledsema ?

Paisley Jambo

No.No.No.

While they are at it they can take the rest of their duds home with them.

Hopefully one day we will again be a Lithuanian player free zone.:mad:

sergent garcia

ledesma is player of the year in lithuanian league nad if anybody is good enough for hearts i think its him actually i dont see any hearts player who is near some quality as he in attacking midfielder/forward position... just he dont have work permit (to gain lithuanian citisenship is no chance)...as for other palyers grigalevicius is currently best striker in our league he is fast and good finisher, but i think he is owrth trying just in the case u dont get anybody else in transfer window... about mendy actually i dont know i saw him playing absolutly terrible and opposite too, just i think he likes more two play in midfield when in defence (still think he is better when thomson or even robbo)...mamic croatian forward maybe and thats all....

Good guage of whether Csaba is a puppet......

If Linus arrives with his kitbag, with Csaba saying "Pilabitis will improve the squad" = Puppet

No Linus = He's told Vlad no way

The Future's Maroon

One minute we're complaining about getting duds from Kaunas and being a major problem in our dressing room, next we're talking about taking players. I think we should the team sending players to them, like some of our youngsters to give them more experience rather looking to taking their players. Haven't we learnt from the last few seasons that it doesn't work, ok we have got lucky with maybe a couple of players being alright and worthy of a game (sometimes) but the majority have not been any use at all.

What happens if Vlad (as rumoured) does buy another club in Europe, but this time the club is bigger than Hearts - how happy would folk be if we started sending our better players to them?

In my opinion, its fine for us to use Kaunas for signing players via them (it must be some kind of tax dodge or something) but I think we should leave their players alone - maybe on an extreme occasion where they have a brilliant player, but how often is that? Also, that shout should be made ONLY by Csaba.

Most folk probably won't agree with me, but its my opinion?!

I haven't seen any of the players at Kaunas other than the ones who have spent time at Hearts. Wouldn't welcome any of that group back.

And unless there are players who are better than the ones we have had from Kaunas before, I wouldn't want any more.

hearts_crazy
No.No.No.

Most on here are only talking up 2 names (quite rightly IMO) Ledesma is Brazillian and Mendy is Somalian.

FWIW both would enhance our squad.

By the way you are seriously blinkered if you think that the Lithuanians are the reason we had a really crap season last season. We are lacking in real quality throughout the club, NOT just those pesky 'Liths'. Very few of them got a game last season anyway.

The point being, as Csaba has said if they are better than the players we already have at the club then let's consider them. To dismiss out of hand any move for a Kaunas player simply because of the 'K' word is ridiculous and petty.

Maybe all the Kaunus players we have will be asking to go back there to experience European football should they despose of the Huns tonight.

Colonel Kurtz

I predict 2 players from Kaunus and a young lithianian boy who they have just signed,under 19 internationalist I think,

Jam Tarts 1874

If Kaunas knock out Rangers, then it is pretty safe to say that Kaunas has some better players than Hearts.

I wonder if all the anti-Liths would take Velicka back. Seems to me that the same people who are on here bashing their gums about all the Liths are the same ones who complained about Velicka's sale - fancy that!

If Kaunas knock out Rangers, then it is pretty safe to say that Kaunas has some better players than Hearts.

I wonder if all the anti-Liths would take Velicka back. Seems to me that the same people who are on here bashing their gums about all the Liths are the same ones who complained about Velicka's sale - fancy that!

If Kaunas can draw at Ibrox and win well at home, then I will happily take some of theiur players, given that over the years most Scottish sides with supposedly better Scottish players have failed to do this.

Dr. Bapswent

I know many will simply not want them as they are from Kaunas, a naive attitude IMO.

However I would take ANY and ALL players who are capable of doing a job for us.

I guess that seems like an obvious thing to say.

But it depends on how you define doing a job for us.

I think at the moment they have players who are performing in positions that we need to fill. But I dont think they would be permanent replacements.

So if we were to 'borrow' players to help us out, what would that look like?

Taking players from Kaunas, at the drop of a hat, weakening their team. I cant see any Kaunas fan thinking thats fair - and neither would I.

So, maybe well just have to grin and bear it.

If Kaunas go through, I hope they get to keep their players, they deserve it.

If they go out, then I hope we get players that are good enough to help us out.

Above all, I hope the Kaunas fans dont get screwed over.

I know many will simply not want them as they are from Kaunas, a naive attitude IMO.

However I would take ANY and ALL players who are capable of doing a job for us.

I guess that seems like an obvious thing to say.

But it depends on how you define doing a job for us.

I think at the moment they have players who are performing in positions that we need to fill. But I dont think they would be permanent replacements.

So if we were to 'borrow' players to help us out, what would that look like?

Taking players from Kaunas, at the drop of a hat, weakening their team. I cant see any Kaunas fan thinking thats fair - and neither would I.

So, maybe well just have to grin and bear it.

If Kaunas go through, I hope they get to keep their players, they deserve it.

If they go out, then I hope we get players that are good enough to help us out.

Above all, I hope the Kaunas fans dont get screwed over.

If however we returned Ivaskevicius, Ksanavicius and now Chesney (as he hints he may wish a move) that would soften the blow.

BTW I am not suggesting we should/shouldn't bring in Kaunus players as I have never seen them.

sergent garcia
If however we returned Ivaskevicius, Ksanavicius and now Chesney (as he hints he may wish a move) that would soften the blow.

BTW I am not suggesting we should/shouldn't bring in Kaunus players as I have never seen them.

chesney was never playying for kauans he played for dinamo moscow beffore and cant see him returnin to lithuania anyway

On the contrary I would much rather that the ones we have already just went back home to Kaunas and stayed there and let Csaba bring in the players he wants and desperately needs.

Clark Griswold
On the contrary I would much rather that the ones we have already just went back home to Kaunas and stayed there and let Csaba bring in the players he wants and desperately needs.

Correct! :cool:

No.No.No.

Believe and your dreams can become reallity :)

http://www.ivartis.lt/naujienos/new.22468.dcesnauskis-prakalbo-apie-galima-pasitraukima-is-edinburgo-hearts.html

Deividas have said, that he may quit team if new Christopher Eccleston..ups sorry Csaba Lazslo won't find place in first team for him.

Correct! :cool:

The lights of Klose, Sergio Ramos, heitinga maybe?;)

Archived