If we could sign 1 player before Saturday, who would you choose and why??

Walter Bishop

Definately Rearend.

Just to watch the utter carnage over the road and also he can score goals.

A decent stiker would have had a hat-trick yesterday.

It hurts me to say this but Rat boy may the answer

I agree but what is the world coming too when that is the answer…….

I kind of feel dirty wanting DR to come to Hearts…. I’ll be voting Tory next.

http://scotsport.podbean.com

Your joking surely.

We don't have a single midfield player who can tackle and none other than Jonsson who like to tackle.

We don't have a single midfield player who can tackle and none other than Jonsson who like to tackle.

Well at least sign one that can score a couple of goals and pass a ball.Brellier would not have made any difference to us last season.

Cannot believe any fan would not want to sign a striker for us first.

Well at least sign one that can score a couple of goals and pass a ball.Brellier would not have made any difference to us last season.

Cannot believe any fan would not want to sign a striker for us first.

We've got a weak centre back so we need a holding player who can protect him. We've got a bunch of lightweights in midfield so need a holding player to protect them. And given how poor our options are up front we also need someone to win the ball back when our strikers lose it.

Pinilla.

He turned down our wages.Just shows you how good a signing rat boy would be.He is cheaper and has played more games than Pinalla the last 2 seasons.:)

Ryan Gosling
He turned down our wages.Just shows you how good a signing rat boy would be.He is cheaper and has played more games than Pinalla the last 2 seasons.:)

He turned down ?1000 a week. Don't think Riordan would come for that.

He turned down ?1000 a week. Don't think Riordan would come for that.

I heard it was 4000.A drop of 8000.Still he wouldn't bust a gut for us no matter how much he was paid.

Ryan Gosling
I heard it was 4000.A drop of 8000.Still he wouldn't bust a gut for us no matter how much he was paid.

He was on ?4000 on his 'new deal' from April. They tried to cut it to ?1000 a day before the 'cut-off date'.

Lee Miller, the only player who has played for us recently who scored goals and who would still bag 15+ goals on current form playing for Hearts.

Riordan.

After watching yesterday performance we desperately need a forward type player who can change/ignite games.

Kingston only got going yesterday after the left back niggled him.

Too young to be thrown in at the deep end maybe, but i'd be of the mind to give Ryan Wallace a go in a free role.

Pants Shaton
Lee Miller, the only player who has played for us recently who scored goals and who would still bag 15+ goals on current form playing for Hearts.

I think that's a good call but he recently signed a contract extension with Bernie Winters et al.

The Future's Maroon

Riorden, we need a player like him in the team and asap.

what about a striker on loan from Rankyers, they've got loads and if they play 4-5-1 then they will not all get a shot, more likely to all get shot.

Michael Stewart does a good impersonation of someone about to tackle.

shaun.lawson
Just the name Beckford sends shivers down my spine.

This one's good, honestly - not that we could afford him, though. :sad:

I long for the days when Leigh Jenkinson rampaged down the wing. Was gutted when he left, but JJ knew how to take my mind off it and soon after signed Twaddle. The sight of Joe Hamill and Steven Boyack displaying trick after trick and leaving fullbacks in a crumpled heap crying for their Mum will linger long in my memory.

Don't even get me started to hankering back for those halcyon days of David Hagen and Allan Preston...it really was better years ago than the garbage we must put up with today.

Nemeth on loan from Liverpool

:)

He'd be a good shout. Mate is a big Reds fans, and says he'd be a revelation up here. Worth looking at loan deals with a club like Liverpool.

CornhillHearts

We have no money so nobody of note will be signing all will be loan players or Kaunas players i would imagine Mendy is a better option than Thomson, apart from that I reckon the managers skill at producing a decent side from whats there is our best bet as we are skint-no doubt.

marshallschunkychicken
I long for the days when Leigh Jenkinson rampaged down the wing. Was gutted when he left, but JJ knew how to take my mind off it and soon after signed Twaddle. The sight of Joe Hamill and Steven Boyack displaying trick after trick and leaving fullbacks in a crumpled heap crying for their Mum will linger long in my memory.

Don't even get me started to hankering back for those halcyon days of David Hagen and Allan Preston...it really was better years ago than the garbage we must put up with today.

:laugh:

Sexton Hardcastle
He'd be a good shout. Mate is a big Reds fans, and says he'd be a revelation up here. Worth looking at loan deals with a club like Liverpool.

Noticed Leto has been turned down for a visa this year. He will be a great palyer in the years to come. I take it if he cnat get one for Liverpool hed struggle the same here? 10 European clubs are in for him as well.

Jamie Cureton.

He was a free scoring forward for Colchester 2 seasons ago - then transfer to Norwich - as far as I can see he did not feature often - no idea who he is currently with.

shaun.lawson
Jamie Cureton.

He was a free scoring forward for Colchester 2 seasons ago - then transfer to Norwich - as far as I can see he did not feature often - no idea who he is currently with.

He's still at Norwich - but too old, I suspect.

Ideally - Riordan.

Realistically - I would take the Brazillian attacking midfielder Ledesma from Kaunas. By all accounts he caused der Hun all sorts of problems last Wednesday when only half-fit. According to my blue nosed colleague here who was at the game, he was head and shoulders above the rest of the Kaunas players.

Also agree with previous poster who suggested Lovell.

Jermaine Beckford.

Didn't Leeds turn down ?2 Million for him from a Championship club last year? Did you read the first post on this thread? ;)

Even so, Leeds had a few decent players (Richardson, Butler, the left midfielder Johnson?) and they are a club that I would seriously look at as they will struggle to come up again this year under McAllister IMO.

As for the topic of the thread, if I was choosing, it would be ratboy by a distance. Ignoring the op (just a little :) ) players that I would be interested in if it were up to me would be

Arfield

Barr

Porter

Dorman

Mark Brown

O'Dea

Off the top of my head.

Archived