Parts for a car

heartsfc_fan

heartsfc_fan

Morning folks.

My car needs a few minor things replaced for its MOT.

Just wondering if anyone on here has a rough idea how much these will cost. It's for a MK4 fiesta.

- Nearside front coil spring

Nearside rear shock absorber

2 new rear axle bushes

2 new rear brake hoses

Likely I will get a family friend who's had a good 20+ years mechanic experience to fit this lot, but how much you reckon it would cost if I took it to a garage?

Apologies, that was a bit cheeky!

If you're not too fussed about getting brand new parts, then sites like Breakersyard and Parts Gateway are pretty decent at sourcing these type of things.

And you'll definitely need a mechanic to do it - been trying to replace the bushes on my rear suspension and it's a nightmare!

Wouldnt really fancy putting second hand shockies / springs on a car to be honest. For the difference in price, it'd be as well to get new parts for peace of minds sake.

Parts shouldnt be that expensive I wouldnt have thought - give somewhere like Pentland Components / Dingbro a shout and they should be able to sort you out with decent enough prices, but aye, bushes will be a complete pain to do.

Bit of a trek, but my mate's garage is out in Shotts - feel free to give them a call for a price.... Complete Auto Solutions (01501 829 444)

Miller Jambo 60
Morning folks.

My car needs a few minor things replaced for its MOT.

Just wondering if anyone on here has a rough idea how much these will cost. It's for a MK4 fiesta.

- Nearside front coil spring

Nearside rear shock absorber

2 new rear axle bushes

2 new rear brake hoses

Likely I will get a family friend who's had a good 20+ years mechanic experience to fit this lot, but how much you reckon it would cost if I took it to a garage?

Okay the thing about springs and shocks.

have to be done in pairs

Would get another opinion on the bushes.

as for hoses if they are not leaking they are fine

Archived