More sensible stuff from Csaba...

Serge

Dr. Bapswent
We dip into the FBK Kaunas market and this is a lower market level than most of the players signed by all the afore mentioned Clubs.

Yes, but we dip into this market as it is generally free to us.

This circumstance is totally different to other SPL clubs, so again, not really a comparison.

Drylaw Hearts

This circumstance is totally different to other SPL clubs, so again, not really a comparison.

How is it free ?

We dip into the FBK Kaunas market and this is a lower market level than most of the players signed by all the afore mentioned Clubs.

Beggars can't be choosers, unfortunately.

Drylaw Hearts
Beggars can't be choosers, unfortunately.

But we do have a choice.

Do you think FBK Kaunas is the only place we can get players ?

eg. Mark Kerr signed for Aberdenn on a Free.

Now I realise that Csaba could not have possibly tried to sign Mark Kerr but there is a player(s) like Mark Kerr in every League in europe.

Players are available if you look in the right places.

But you have to want to look.

Dr. Bapswent
How is it free ?

Free in the sense that the players will generally accept, that wages/fees are negligible and that the manager can take his pick.

Guest JamboRobbo

Is it? 3.85M of unexplained payments for players would suggest it's maybe not as free as we are lead to believe.

Drylaw Hearts
Free in the sense that the players will generally accept, that wages/fees are negligible and that the manager can take his pick.

How do you know how little the fee's are ?

I'm going to suggest that a lot of the black holes when looking at player fee's in the Annual accounts will arise from paying for these Loan'ees.

But we do have a choice.

Do you think FBK Kaunas is the only place we can get players ?

eg. Mark Kerr signed for Aberdenn on a Free.

Now I realise that Csaba could not have possibly tried to sign Mark Kerr but there is a player(s) like Mark Kerr in every League in europe.

Players are available if you look in the right places.

But you have to want to look.

Ok, why don't we want to look?

Drylaw Hearts
Ok, why don't we want to look?

Lack of ???'s.

Lack of ambition.

Players will be coming in from elsewhere.

Lack of ???'s.

Lack of ambition.

Even for one or two mid-table SPL journeyman strikers?

Drylaw Hearts
I don't think so.

He says he's still looking to bring players in but he doesn't want to undermine the players who currently play in the positions he's looking to strengthen.

Makes sense to me.

Another thought.............

Is it ok for him to say he wants another Goalie ?

He stated he want more competition for Banks as he is also a Coach.

How does Banks and Jamie McDonald feel about that ?

Does this undermine them ?

Not if they're proper footballers. Football players know the score - there will be competition for their position. There is however a difference between announcing that you need a striker and announcing that you need a striker to bolster the squad or provide competition for the current strike force. You've got to keep your current squad motivated.

Lack of ???'s.

Lack of ambition.

What do you suggest as a solution to these three points?

Drylaw Hearts
Not if they're proper footballers. Football players know the score - there will be competition for their position. There is however a difference between announcing that you need a striker and announcing that you need a striker to bolster the squad or provide competition for the current strike force. You've got to keep your current squad motivated.

So Nade, Makela and Mole are not 'proper footballers' ?

Yet we are about to start a SPL campaign with them leading our attack ?

Super.

Ryan Gosling
As Vegas points out.

Obua - Tullberg.

2 options we know we have/are looking at.

So we cant say the whole transfer thing is rubbish.

If Obua doesnt get a work permit, and Tullberg is injured, then thats harsh.

I dont think Csaba has had all that long to acquaint himself with the team, get them fit, get them tactically aware, decide on the best team, get them playing the way he wants AND find solutions to all our player needs.

Don't forget the Serbian goalie.

So Nade, Makela and Mole are not 'proper footballers' ?

Yet we are about to start a SPL campaign with them leading our attack ?

Super.

Not what I said, but never mind. :) A manager has to be careful what he says in public, so that he can satisfy the club, his players and we the fans. I think Csaba now knows that the possibilities of getting a new striker in at Hearts are, for whatever reason, more limited than he thought. He realises that he may have undermined his present strike force by his previous comments and is now back-tracking in his comments to remedy the situation. He appears to be still learning the ropes.

Fat Striker

I don't think we've been linked with any specific keepers as far as I'm aware. It tends to be the situation up front that's grabbing most of the attention (and rightly so as it's probably the position most in need).

I guess what I'm trying to say is Csaba's comments don't concern me a great deal at this stage.

The press are doing their job by trying to get him to name definite signing targets and he's trying to deflect the attention by talking about the current players at his disposal.

I just don't think it's reached the stage where we need to be up in arms about 'backtracking'.

It's not ideal with the start of the season fast approaching, but give it another couple of weeks and see what materialises...

Drylaw Hearts
What do you suggest as a solution to these three points?

Lack of ???'s - get rid of high earners like Nade, Kingston, Makela and Beslija and use their salaries to bring in players who can help stop the rot.

There is probably ?25 a week in wages between them.

We could also generate a bit of cash by selling them - Beslija apart of course.

Lack of ambition - As the owner appears to have lost the will to win and be successful, he has to be removed.

How we go about that is the real difficult part.

Player coming in from elsewhere - By elsewhere I meant FBK Kaunas.

We have to make VR and CO aware that we are not happy at being used as a place to showcase shiiit from his other clubs.

It is doing us no favours whatsoever.

3 came off the bench yesterday and you have to wonder what they are going to contribute this season.

Ryan Gosling
Lack of ???'s - get rid of high earners like Nade, Kingston, Makela and Beslija and use their salaries to bring in players who can help stop the rot.

There is probably ?25 a week in wages between them.

We could also generate a bit of cash by selling them - Beslija apart of course.

Lack of ambition - As the owner appears to have lost the will to win and be successful, he has to be removed.

How we go about that is the real difficult part.

Player coming in from elsewhere - By elsewhere I meant FBK Kaunas.

We have to make VR and CO aware that we are not happy at being used as a place to showcase shiiit from his other clubs.

It is doing us no favours whatsoever.

3 came off the bench yesterday and you have to wonder what they are going to contribute this season.

Chesney's never played for Kaunas.

:P

Broxburn Jambo
Yet Rangers, Dundee Utd, Falkirk, Aberdeen, Killie and Hibs have all managed to sign between 3 and 6 players each.

The above is a better comparison than Celtic.

What do you want him to do?

Go out and sign anybody or wait until the right player to become available.

Csaba please do not sign Riordan

Ryan Gosling
Is that because he's not good enough ?

:)

This comment would suggest you rate Beniusis and 28 above him.

:P

Drylaw Hearts

I want him to sign the right players at the right time.

That time is now so we should sign whoever is the best option for us now.

The SPL starts on saturday and our squad is worse than when we faced Hibs last August.

I've been looking/waiting for the perfect "right" girlfriend for many years (Monica Bellucci would do nicely). In the meantime I've amused myself greatly with many less than perfect women and found that they've helped satisfy certain needs. Perhaps desperate situations require desperate remedies... ;) We don't need to wait for the right player to become available, just find a workable stop-gap solution until he does.

Ryan Gosling
I want him to sign the right players at the right time.

That time is now so we should sign whoever is the best option for us now.

The SPL starts on saturday and our squad is worse than when we faced Hibs last August.

We'll have Larry though.

:D

Broxburn Jambo
I've been looking/waiting for the perfect "right" girlfriend for many years (Monica Bellucci would do nicely). In the meantime I've amused myself greatly with many less than perfect women and found that they've helped satisfy certain needs. Perhaps desperate situations require desperate remedies... ;) We don't need to wait for the right player to become available, just find a workable stop-gap solution until he does.

Did you pay for the ones that you amused yourself with. Stop-gaps were the reason we had about 20 midfielders last season. I would much rather wait then just sign anybody.

Mind you is Ronaldo still upset with Fergie he will do for a stop-gap!!!

Billy the Jambo

Sounds like to me he is saying this what i am stuck with i have like it or lump it .If we are stuck with the so called strikers we had last season then we are well and truly screwed

Did you pay for the ones that you amused yourself with. Stop-gaps were the reason we had about 20 midfielders last season. I would much rather wait then just sign anybody.

Mind you is Ronaldo still upset with Fergie he will do for a stop-gap!!!

Did I pay in money, no. Did I pay in blood, sweat, tears and emotional trauma - yup (although I don't regret that an instant - makes it more worthwhile somehow). :) I wouldn't recommend just signing anybody though. I think however, given the current situation, that we ought to be a little less choosy than normal but still a hell of a lot more selective than we have been in the past. An old journeyman pro SPL striker is needed.

Geoff Kilpatrick

We need strikers, that is clear.

However, no names automatically spring to mind as players we should pursue.

I would guess the club are working on it and we'll have to wait and see what happens.

I note none of the critics have suggested players we should pursue either, but then it's easy to criticise.

Broxburn Jambo
Did I pay in money, no. Did I pay in blood, sweat, tears and emotional trauma - yup (although I don't regret that an instant - makes it more worthwhile somehow). :) I wouldn't recommend just signing anybody though. I think however, given the current situation, that we ought to be a little less choosy than normal but still a hell of a lot more selective than we have been in the past. An old journeyman pro SPL striker is needed.

redjambo, Do you have anybody in mind? I have been racking my brains and have yet to come up with anybody who is good enough or who we could afford

redjambo, Do you have anybody in mind? I have been racking my brains and have yet to come up with anybody who is good enough or who we could afford

Wish I did, BJ. I don't know who's available, or may be tempted. I'm hoping those at the club do though...

Archived