More sensible stuff from Csaba...

Serge

The manager admitted he's continuing to look at possibilities for new signings, but that he wants to build up the confidence of the players and not overly criticise those currently in his pool.

"If we talk all the time about new strikers then how can you explain to your strikers that are in the field that they are bad and that you need a new one?" he said. "I give the confidence to the strikers that we have."

"We need more quality and competition but definitely I don't want to talk about new players, I want to talk about the players we have. If your boss said every day 'I would like to get a new journalist' then you would say 'what is wrong with me?' and you would lose confidence."

"Jamie Mole, Juho, Gary Glen and Christian Nade must come back and show that they can play football. Maybe they did not have a coach that could believe in their talent."

Full article here... http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1357374,00.html

The manager admitted he's continuing to look at possibilities for new signings, but that he wants to build up the confidence of the players and not overly criticise those currently in his pool.

"If we talk all the time about new strikers then how can you explain to your strikers that are in the field that they are bad and that you need a new one?" he said. "I give the confidence to the strikers that we have."

"We need more quality and competition but definitely I don't want to talk about new players, I want to talk about the players we have. If your boss said every day 'I would like to get a new journalist' then you would say 'what is wrong with me?' and you would lose confidence."

"Jamie Mole, Juho, Gary Glen and Christian Nade must come back and show that they can play football. Maybe they did not have a coach that could believe in their talent."

Full article here... http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1357374,00.html

No mention of clum :dribble:

is he off yet?

Jam Tarts 1874
No mention of clum :dribble:

is he off yet?

I'm so glad that Elliot is out of the picture, I assume we can't afford to pay anyone to take him off our hands. :)

Drylaw Hearts

I thought Csaba had already admitted we are crying out for strikers ?

Is he back tracking again ?

Fat Striker
I thought Csaba had already admitted we are crying out for strikers ?

Is he back tracking again ?

I don't think so.

He says he's still looking to bring players in but he doesn't want to undermine the players who currently play in the positions he's looking to strengthen.

Makes sense to me.

Drylaw Hearts
I don't think so.

He says he's still looking to bring players in but he doesn't want to undermine the players who currently play in the positions he's looking to strengthen.

Makes sense to me.

But if he's previously stated we need strikers, has he not underminded these players already ?

Seymour M Hersh
But if he's previously stated we need strikers, has he not underminded these players already ?

Has he not said he wants an experienced striker? Even if these boys were playing full of confidence and scoring you could not describe any of them as experienced.

Gigolo-Aunt

He has indeed.

However, its not the smartest thing for him to do when the season is only a week away.

THe above line IMO is leaving the door open to all of them - suggesting that some may still have a part to play at Tynecastle. Csaba will no doubt know who he is prepared to let go though.

Really hope somthing comes off this week, we are really really desperate for at least one striker to be brought in.

TBH I think he is already getting fed with the way the press work in this country, how many times has he been asked about the Riordan speculation for example. Its one thing saying things once, but saying it over and over again just becomes tiresome and will no doubt have the effect on the players that he has mentioned.

Fat Striker

I think he was trying to move the conversation away from discussing particular signing targets such as Riordan.

Yes he has mentioned the need for strikers in the past, but I think he's maybe aware that if he's going on about it daily in the press it is perhaps going to have a detrimental effect on the current available strikers.

Maybe he knows he's stuck with them for the first few games so wants to talk them up and give them confidence.

The Wicker Man

He did say that he was looking for an experienced striker - our own need a bit of coaching in movement and finishing.

Drylaw Hearts
Has he not said he wants an experienced striker? Even if these boys were playing full of confidence and scoring you could not describe any of them as experienced.

If I tell you I want a new striker then I'm not telling you anything new

Csaba was quoted by the Hearts Website saying this 2 weeks ago.

Now he doesn't want to talk about it as he'd rather give the strikers we have confidence.

Dr. Bapswent

He may be backtracking slightly.

But he is doing what he needs to do with the resources he has and looks like he will have for the foreseeable future.

He admits we are lacking a strike force. But as he probably wont be getting one, he is doing the best to get his current strike force performing.

Makes sense really.

No point alienating them further, he wants to get the best out of them.

Drylaw Hearts
TBH I think he is already getting fed with the way the press work in this country, how many times has he been asked about the Riordan speculation for example. Its one thing saying things once, but saying it over and over again just becomes tiresome and will no doubt have the effect on the players that he has mentioned.

The press are doing their job.

They need to fill column inches and to be fair Csaba has used up a lot of these since he arrived.

He's quite happy to tell the press about defecting from war-torn Romania when in reality all the fans want to know is what players we are possibly signing.

Drylaw Hearts
He may be backtracking slightly.

But he is doing what he needs to do with the resources he has and looks like he will have for the foreseeable future.

He admits we are lacking a strike force. But as he probably wont be getting one, he is doing the best to get his current strike force performing.

Makes sense really.

No point alienating them further, he wants to get the best out of them.

I we don't get a strike force then it's bottom 6 for us.

Fat Striker
The press are doing their job.

They need to fill column inches and to be fair Csaba has used up a lot of these since he arrived.

He's quite happy to tell the press about defecting from war-torn Romania when in reality all the fans want to know is what players we are possibly signing.

Personally I don't think it does any club favours to talk up potential signings when that's all they are.

I'd much rather hear that a player is AT the club for talks (Obua being a recent example) or know that a press conference has been arranged.

It's the best way to do business.

Dr. Bapswent
I we don't get a strike force then it's bottom 6 for us.

I cant disagree with that.

But circumstances may have changed for Csaba, and he may now not be able to bring in a striker etc (at the moment).

But lets not get hung up on the fact he said we needed one, and now is concentrating on the ones we have.

To dwell on past comments over and over is no good, it has done us no favours, football is a dynamic game, things change, and often quickly. Some poster unfortunately cant do that, and are stuck on things said in the past (not suggesting you are) Its not going to help.

Im not saying its a good thing, just that I understand that Csaba is maybe now doing the best he can with what he knows he will be working with. it may not be his ideal, but he will have to make do just now.

The fans can see where the team lacks, Csaba can see where the team lacks.

Vlad can probably see where the team lacks. But there is no bottomless money pit funding Hearts - as much as many people may like to think there is. Vlads money is not Hearts money to spend. Hearts will have a budget, and must work within that - and if that means they cant get a striker right now, as much as that may be rubbish for the fans, we may have to deal with it.

Drylaw Hearts
I cant disagree with that.

But circumstances may have changed for Csaba, and he may now not be able to bring in a striker etc (at the moment).

But lets not get hung up on the fact he said we needed one, and now is concentrating on the ones we have.

To dwell on past comments over and over is no good, it has done us no favours, football is a dynamic game, things change, and often quickly. Some poster unfortunately cant do that, and are stuck on things said in the past (not suggesting you are) Its not going to help.

Im not saying its a good thing, just that I understand that Csaba is maybe now doing the best he can with what he knows he will be working with. it may not be his ideal, but he will have to make do just now.

The fans can see where the team lacks, Csaba can see where the team lacks.

Vlad can probably see where the team lacks. But there is no bottomless money pit funding Hearts - as much as many people may like to think there is. Vlads money is not Hearts money to spend. Hearts will have a budget, and must work within that - and if that means they cant get a striker right now, as much as that may be rubbish for the fans, we may have to deal with it.

Csaba stated that he hoped to have 2 or 3 players in within the next few days.

That was 2 weeks ago.

How can our budget have changed within 2 weeks ?

Guest JamboRobbo

That was 2 weeks ago.

Stop pointing out inconsistances. Everything is great. :hobofish:

Drylaw Hearts
Stop pointing out inconsistances. Everything is great. :hobofish:

There have been inconsistences since the first day Csaba arrived.

Dr. Bapswent

That was 2 weeks ago.

I have no answers to that.

And, I am a bit worried about it.

Maybe its not the budget that has changed, but maybe the signings are now no longer an available. He is suggesting its too late to get new ones, or at least new ones that he is happy with and are worth the money.

Maybe its not the budget that has changed, but maybe the signings are now no longer an available. He is suggesting its too late to get new ones, or at least new ones that he is happy with and are worth the money.

We've seen the chaotic way in which the incumbent staff at Tynecastle bring in players - with Besijla, Screpis and Pinilla coming to mind.

It is clear from the record of the last 2 1/2 years that the money available for signings has been drooping, even though there has been as much brought in through transfer fees in the last couple of years as in the past few decades combined!

And Laszlo doesn't appear to have anything of a track record in bringing in players in his previous roles.

So how do we source players? The committee? Vlad's favourite agent? Kaunas? More from the Uganda squad?

Drylaw Hearts

All 3 of them ?

That would be a huge coincidence.

That was 2 weeks ago.

and maybe he thought he would have Oboua signed and Tulberg.Certain things happen in football to change that.

Nucky Thompson

It's not just Hearts that are struggling to bring in players, the Mhanks are pulling their hair out because they can't get the right players in:cool:

Drylaw Hearts
and maybe he thought he would have Oboua signed and Tulberg.Certain things happen in football to change that.

The statement was after Obua had 'signed'.

I have heard him say he needed experience players and quality over quantity.

I do not think he has undermined anyone, but set his stall out and gave the players the oppertunity to prove to him he does not need anyone else.

I wish folk would lay off shabba and give him a chance .....3 weeks he has been here.... can we have a look where we are after maybe 5 months...just a small review to see his methods bare fruit.

Dr. Bapswent
All 3 of them ?

That would be a huge coincidence.

As Vegas points out.

Obua - Tullberg.

2 options we know we have/are looking at.

So we cant say the whole transfer thing is rubbish.

If Obua doesnt get a work permit, and Tullberg is injured, then thats harsh.

I dont think Csaba has had all that long to acquaint himself with the team, get them fit, get them tactically aware, decide on the best team, get them playing the way he wants AND find solutions to all our player needs.

Guest JamboRobbo
It's not just Hearts that are struggling to bring in players, the Mhanks are pulling their hair out because they can't get the right players in:cool:

Oh well, thats ok then. Lets not bother signing anyone.

Csaba said a couple of days ago that he won't just sign anyone because an agent has recommended them or because they are cheap.I would rather he took a little longer to get the right player in than panic buy just to appease the fans.

shaun.lawson

Mhanks: Champions for the third year on the bounce, and straight into the CL group stages, where they might end up raking in all Scotland's allotted cash if Rangers don't get their act together.

Hearts: eighth place last season, our worst in a quarter of a century.

Spot the difference?

Drylaw Hearts

Yet Rangers, Dundee Utd, Falkirk, Aberdeen, Killie and Hibs have all managed to sign between 3 and 6 players each.

The above is a better comparison than Celtic.

Nucky Thompson
I'm not saying that JR:rolleyes: It seems that most teams are in the same boat when it comes to getting the right players in.

As Vegas points out.

Obua - Tullberg.

2 options we know we have/are looking at.

So we cant say the whole transfer thing is rubbish.

If Obua doesnt get a work permit, and Tullberg is injured, then thats harsh.

I dont think Csaba has had all that long to acquaint himself with the team, get them fit, get them tactically aware, decide on the best team, get them playing the way he wants AND find solutions to all our player needs.

about 2.5 weeks mate which he said in the Setanta interview but as always on here people expect miracles.I'll give it a week into the new season before the fansz start wanting him to get the ball lumped up the park if things aint going right from the off as well.He is trying to change things for the better but already the knifes are out for him.

Dr. Bapswent
Yet Rangers, Dundee Utd, Falkirk, Aberdeen, Killie and Hibs have all managed to sign between 3 and 6 players each.

Would you take those players?

Id hope to think we are aiming to sign better than that.

So that comparison isn't too great either.

Dr. Bapswent

Why the over the top reaction to the opposite end of the spectrum?

No one said anything like that.

Drylaw Hearts
I'm not saying that JR:rolleyes: It seems that most teams are in the same boat when it comes to getting the right players in.

1/2 the league seem to be having no problems in signing players.

Guest JamboRobbo

I'd gamble on the players levein has signed and re-signed for Utd. He's signed a couple of striker who both looked ok v Barca. I'd also take willow flood as he's better than what we have (re-signed on loan for a year).

Yeah Hibs a few last minute panic buys that Csaba said he is not interested in signing these type of players.Rangers can't get the midfielder they want and Aberdeen again signing players that could well be hit and miss.Falkirk and Dundee Utd i am pretty sure will have signed players that will have helped them but of course there managers have been there for years as oppossed to the 3 weeks max our manager has been here.

Nucky Thompson

True. Rangers apart, would you want Csaba to rush out and buy the dross that those teams have got in just for the sake of it?

Guest JamboRobbo

I disagree. Celtic can afford to be choosy - they are the current champions not a team needing to overhaul their squad.

I think we can look at the likes of Levein at Utd, who seems to have no problems picking up bargains. Signed a spanish striker, and a stiker Feeney I think it is, who looked good from what I saw v Barca. And got Willow flood on loan again.

So it's not all that difficult.

Drylaw Hearts

Id hope to think we are aiming to sign better than that.

There are probably players in amongst that lot that would strengthen our squad.

But that's not the point.

The point was other teams are not struggling to sign players as was quoted.

Dr. Bapswent
I'd gamble on the players levein has signed and re-signed for Utd. He's signed a couple of striker who both looked ok v Barca. I'd also take willow flood as he's better than what we have (re-signed on loan for a year).

Ok, a more appropriate question.

Do you think a selection of those players would fix our problem to your satisfaction?

I really don't get some people before it was who is targeting the players because we don't have a manager must be Vlad for ****s sake.Now we have a manager we expect him to do everything in two weeks.

Guest JamboRobbo
Why the over the top reaction to the opposite end of the spectrum?

No one said anything like that.

It's JKB. Just trying to fit in.

Dr. Bapswent
There are probably players in amongst that lot that would strengthen our squad.

But that's not the point.

The point was other teams are not struggling to sign players as was quoted.

But it is.

If the players of the quality we want are harder to sign, less likely to be available.

If we are not dipping into the same market level, its not a comparison.

Guest JamboRobbo
Ok, a more appropriate question.

Do you think a selection of those players would fix our problem to your satisfaction?

Yes. If we signed two or three players, the essentials being a couple of strikers, i think we'd be ready to have a good season.

We've got a a manager who appears to have a clue. Vlad appears to be letting him get on with things. He appears to have the team fit, motivated and organised.

If we have the appropriate quality in the right positions, we'll have all the ingredients for a successful season.

Right now, it's the quality (particularly up front) which we are lacking.

Drylaw Hearts
Yeah Hibs a few last minute panic buys that Csaba said he is not interested in signing these type of players.Rangers can't get the midfielder they want and Aberdeen again signing players that could well be hit and miss.Falkirk and Dundee Utd i am pretty sure will have signed players that will have helped them but of course there managers have been there for years as oppossed to the 3 weeks max our manager has been here.

True. Rangers apart, would you want Csaba to rush out and buy the dross that those teams have got in just for the sake of it?

All that dross will be our main rivals for the Top 6.

And on a far lower budget.

I disagree. Celtic can afford to be choosy - they are the current champions not a team needing to overhaul their squad.

I think we can look at the likes of Levein at Utd, who seems to have no problems picking up bargains. Signed a spanish striker, and a stiker Feeney I think it is, who looked good from what I saw v Barca. And got Willow flood on loan again.

So it's not all that difficult.

I'll say again Levein has been at Utd a few years as oppossed to Csaba's matter of weeks.Levein will have known last season the players he was hoping to bring in this season.Listening to Csaba im pretty sure Tulberg will sign as for Oboua he may end up being frustrated on that one.

Drylaw Hearts
But it is.

If the players of the quality we want are harder to sign, less likely to be available.

If we are not dipping into the same market level, its not a comparison.

We dip into the FBK Kaunas market and this is a lower market level than most of the players signed by all the afore mentioned Clubs.

Archived