Csaba is all talk

Hearts of Vladland

Cut The Crap
Is it by chance that the Angel's favoured 4-5-1 formation with Audrey in the hole is the first choice for Laszlo in his first home game?

I'm not sure if it's what you are suggesting, but I saw nothing in the body language between the two men either yesterday or at training on Saturday to suggest that Csaba is being worked from the back by Angel?

Vlad of course is a different matter... ;)

shaun.lawson
Circumstances change.

I dont expect Csaba to have all the answers including new players in 3 weeks.

He wanted new players, but maybe now is realizing he cant achieve that before the start of the season.

Hardly a huge u-turn, just a change in priorities to focusing on the squad we have or to the gamble of new players.

Maybe the deals they were looking at are no longer viable, maybe they fell through. maybe money is no longer available.

maybe he just realizes with a week to go, the players he does have int he squad are his priority, not trying to get a new player in, which will take time and have to integrate into the squad.

To be fair, i think Csaba has done a huge amount with the team considering the time he has had with them.

To be annoyed that he cant walk on water too seems a bit ungrateful.

Which I'm certainly not. I have no problem with anything he's done thus far at all. But as fans, we all know where the biggest weaknesses in the team lie: they've been getting more and more obvious over the last two years. Bearing that in mind, would you say it's more advisable to either:

a) Look at a whole variety of players, to ensure there's no danger of running out of time, not having work permits granted, and so on; or

B) Only look at a few, and run the huge risk of, when push comes to shove, hardly being able to sign anyone?

I wrote last week that I thought Csaba was playing a diplomatic game with Romanov, and you agreed with me. I still think that's what's happening - but the trouble is, as nuts go, Vlad is as hard to crack as they come... To put it another way: do you think Vlad realises how imperative new signings are? Or was Csaba's castigating of lazy players a serious case of music to his ears, meaning he'll reckon all CL needs to do is kick some arses, and we'll be straight in for 3rd place without having to spend at all?

My post wasnt meant to be critical - I dont think it was

Not at all, I agree with most of what you have posted on this thread, just disagreed with your view that we could be heading for the bottom 6.

Bearing that in mind, would you say it's more advisable to either:

a) Look at a whole variety of players, to ensure there's no danger of running out of time, not having work permits granted, and so on; or

B) Only look at a few, and run the huge risk of, when push comes to shove, hardly being able to sign anyone?

Option B) looks remarkably similar to the approach employed to secure a manger, come to think of it.

Dr. Bapswent
Which I'm certainly not. I have no problem with anything he's done thus far at all. But as fans, we all know where the biggest weaknesses in the team lie: they've been getting more and more obvious over the last two years. Bearing that in mind, would you say it's more advisable to either:

I wrote last week that I thought Csaba was playing a diplomatic game with Romanov, and you agreed with me. I still think that's what's happening - but the trouble is, as nuts go, Vlad is as hard to crack as they come... To put it another way: do you think Vlad realises how imperative new signings are? Or was Csaba's castigating of lazy players a serious case of music to his ears, meaning he'll reckon all CL needs to do is kick some arses, and we'll be straight in for 3rd place without having to spend at all?

I do think Vlad knows signings are important.

I believe Csaba has told him.

But i dont believe that they can make these things happen by clicking their fingers.

Not to get the right players.

I dont beleive we will take any old player, nor should we.

The exception being the kaunus players of course.

shaun.lawson
I do think Vlad knows signings are important.

I believe Csaba has told him.

But i dont believe that they can make these things happen by clicking their fingers.

Not to get the right players.

I dont beleive we will take any old player, nor should we.

The exception being the kaunus players of course.

I don't believe we should take any old player either. But if we're looking to contend for the Euro spots, it stands to reason we should be tapping the same markets as the competition - and have between now and August 31 to do so. And if we don't...

I've no idea how his hearing will go, but it was always a huge risk placing any eggs in the basket marked 'Ugandan players', and I hope there are other avenues we can exhaust if this one doesn't work out.

I agree but I would rather we took our time and signed 2 or 3 quality (SPL quality) players than have 25 random boys here on trial who wouldn't get a game for Edinburgh City.

Not at all, I agree with most of what you have posted on this thread, just disagreed with your view that we could be heading for the bottom 6.

I guess the reality of my comments will largely be dependent upon how bad the other teams are.

I get the feeling that United are a stick on to be as good if not better than last season. Motherwell might not be 3rd but I cant see them bottom 6.

With our current squad its a dogfight between us, Aberdeen, Hobos and Falkirk IMO for the last 2 spots. Falkirk look as if they will improve from last season.

But as I keep on saying top 6 is not any measure of success - I dont think we'll qualify for europe with the current squad.

portobellojambo1
Two strikers is an absolute must!

The thing is DiB you could revert to old fashioned 4-2-4, and play with 4 strikers, if you do not have the correct 2 in midfield, the supply line, it would be a waste of time. All our ills will not be cured simply by the acquisition of 1 or 2 strikers, you need the players to feed them the ball to do what they do best, stick it in the back of the net.

I do believe we should have been looking at more players than we appear to have been, we have got one in (subject to a WP being granted).

We were relatively poor up front again yesterday, although friendlies are the wrong type of fixture to judge people on, but for me it was a lack of ball into areas where goals can be scored from that was most obvious (yes we need someone to finish the chances off, but we have to create them first). We have no, what I will call old fashioned wingers, guys who can get in behind players and provide the ammunition (the only decent ball into the box yesterday was the cross from Palazuelos which Ksanavicius scored from).

Good goalscorers operate within a limited area (as per Robertson and McCoist for example), give them the ball in or around the penalty area and there is a fair chance it will hit the back of the net, force them to go looking for the ball in midfield or out wide and there is a high %age chance they will achieve little, and look stupid.

A striker is important, so too is a driving midfielder (a la Hartley) and a pentrating winger who can cross the ball accurately (a Colquhoun, McCann or even Valois type player).

If we are going to try to find a striker there is no point wasting him by not giving him the right service.

I never thought we would sort all our problems by the KO to the new season, but if I am honest I thought on the incoming player front we would have been slightly further forward than we are at the moment.

sandyseymour
Not overnight no. But I was hoping we'd have the essentials in time for the start of the season - it's not much to ask.

I'd say the essentials out of that lot were 2 strikers and a goalie. Having seen Banks do well yesterday, we could even get by with just 2 strikers if we want to risk it and hope we don't get injuries. Even 1 striker worthy of the name to take up the strikers role for the first day of the season would be a start. Cause being honest about it, we don't have one right now.

To sign none of those players we need by the start of the season (especially after even our manager said we needed those players and said we'd be bringing players in in the next few days) is asking for trouble.

:thumbs_up:

The bottom line is - we need strikers - now. Not in January, not in 2010 but now. Laszlo surely knows that but if he's been told he's not allowed to bring anyone in then that is very dissapointing.

Here's hoping by the end of the transfer window they've signed at least one striker who can score goals. I'm not interested in any hard luck stories, i wont be waiting to "see who we sign in January". They've had bags of time to get there arses in gear. It's so blatantly obvious that the team needs firepower i'll have lost confidence in this "new era" if signings aren't made quickly.

Wait till Csaba seems Robbie play.

For some reason, that made me laugh.

Do you think the dugout would withstand the pasting it is going to get?

Colonel Kurtz

The manager has been told to play the youths

Expect a lot of youngsters making the way into the first team.

Romanov has appointed the under 19 portugal caoch at kaunus,who are signing the best youth players.

He was told by the kraut who turned down the Hearts job thay the current crop at kaunus are not good enough.

I hear Hearts are discussing a season long loan for Tullberg.

We have Nade to come back and I am sure we will see a different player this time around. We have Glen also but I am afraid to say that Mole and Makela are not looking ready/up for it. We have some promising youngsters who are ready to make the step up over the next 12 months. Things are not that bad. The passing (esp in the 1st half) was as good as I have seen Hearts play for the last 3 seasons since Burley left.

We have to cut our cloth accordingly - too often we have brought players in on big contracts for little or no return. A top 5 finish would do me and I honestly believe it should be a realistic target for the club.

This season is a period of stabilty with a marked improvement on the pitch (i.e attitude, fitness, football style etc...).,

The manager has been told to play the youths

Expect a lot of youngsters making the way into the first team.

Do not have a problem with that if they are good enough (right now they are good enough probably if you are judging them against by who they would be replacing), but you would hope that if you were going to play/blood a few youngsters that there would be players on the park who can help/talk them through the game. Who we have in the squad to do that i do not know.

I am happy with Csaba to date, I noticed a big difference in how we played yesterday, keeping possession, playing the ball on the deck etc. I like what Csaba has been saying and will happily give him loads of time no matter the results at the start of the season.

My only confusion is that I'm sure on the official website it said new signings on the way. also yesteday before the game Csaba said new signings before saturday. Then after the game its " no new signings" I'm a bit confused here, we definitely need a striket as a minimum and I don't think the current squad will get to third but with two good strikers up front then who knows?

I hear Hearts are discussing a season long loan for Tullberg.

We have Nade to come back and I am sure we will see a different player this time around. We have Glen also but I am afraid to say that Mole and Makela are not looking ready/up for it. We have some promising youngsters who are ready to make the step up over the next 12 months. Things are not that bad. The passing (esp in the 1st half) was as good as I have seen Hearts play for the last 3 seasons since Burley left.

We have to cut our cloth accordingly - too often we have brought players in on big contracts for little or no return. A top 5 finish would do me and I honestly believe it should be a realistic target for the club.

This season is a period of stabilty with a marked improvement on the pitch (i.e attitude, fitness, football style etc...).,

Oh how the mighty have fallen eh! Vlad would be very angry with you - he wants us to be champion. Down negative man, down!

Anything below 3rd in unacceptable IMO. 8th is absolutely abysmal, 4th or 5th would still be a failure.

The truth is Romanov has probably set us back about 5 years with his incompetent boobery so what you're saying is probably about right and we'll just have to deal with it.

At least he's managed to succeed at one thing though, lowering standards so much that fans are now happy with a battle for a top 6 place.

Many people are jumping to the conclusion that Romanov has moved the goalposts on Csaba, but that may not be the case.

What may have happened is that Csaba, who has been out of the club management scene for some time hasn't realised how difficult it is to sign good players at good value in club football.

He may have originally assumed signing a few players would be easy but he is now having to deal with clubs valuations, signing-on fees, agents fee and general negotiations to sign good players.

Brick Tamland
I'm starting to think he is all talk. He says he is going to make 3 or 4 new

signing, now he is now saying we don't have the resources. And that the striker's just need confidence and they'll be as good as any signing me make.

I am starting to think he is quality. His interviews pre and post match have been very impressive, his attitude appears to be excellent, it looks like he is putting together a more cohesive squad, he has signed Obua (subject to WP) Driver signed an extension because of him, I have seen and heard nothing that have made me come to your conclusion.

I am starting to think you work for the weedgie press.

I am starting to think you read all the shegite that is written about Hearts and believe it.

I am starting to think that your op is possibly the least thought out reasoning I have seen on JKB.

I am starting to think you have gone fishing and caught me, well done. If you haven't gone fishing and you are serious, stay away from sharp instruments and tablets in bottles that are difficult to open

I am happy with Csaba to date, I noticed a big difference in how we played yesterday, keeping possession, playing the ball on the deck etc. I like what Csaba has been saying and will happily give him loads of time no matter the results at the start of the season.

My only confusion is that I'm sure on the official website it said new signings on the way. also yesteday before the game Csaba said new signings before saturday. Then after the game its " no new signings" I'm a bit confused here, we definitely need a striket as a minimum and I don't think the current squad will get to third but with two good strikers up front then who knows?

Don't know details but a striker knocked us back last week for a season long loan. I am disappointed with the lack of activity on the player front but I suspect some players will still have reservations about coming to Hearts.

I believe we are still trying to get Tullberg on a seson long loan.

Where's the money for new signings going to come from? We were told at the AGM that costs had to be cut. If we do get anyone in they won't be big names and probably won't be any better than we have just now.

Also, remember what we were told in December...

ANATOLY KOROBOCHKA today promised Hearts fans new faces in the January transfer window after their side slipped to ninth in the SPL.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but we didn't sign a single player in January.

Sydney from Sydney
If that's the case, I have lost what respect I had left for Vlad (if any). What about the 9M+ Gordon money, and the 2.3M from Bednar. Where is that? In his pocket?

Careful mate, there's folks around these parts don't like that kind of talk.

The Romanian had been expected to complete the signing of a striker before the curtain raiser with Motherwell this weekend, but he does not have the necessary funds.

Speaking after his side defeated Premier League new boys Hull 1-0, he said: ?I don?t know how much I have in my account. Seriously, we must be careful because we?ve brought a lot of players in the past and they may have been injured or I don?t know what happened

Careful mate, there's folks around these parts don't like that kind of talk.

The Romanian had been expected to complete the signing of a striker before the curtain raiser with Motherwell this weekend, but he does not have the necessary funds.

Speaking after his side defeated Premier League new boys Hull 1-0, he said: ?I don?t know how much I have in my account. Seriously, we must be careful because we?ve brought a lot of players in the past and they may have been injured or I don?t know what happened

We are ?22m odd in debt.

I think it's time we cut our cloth accordingly. It's the correct thing to do and I am happy that we are finally addressing this.

Where's the money for new signings going to come from? We were told at the AGM that costs had to be cut. If we do get anyone in they won't be big names and probably won't be any better than we have just now.

Also, remember what we were told in December...

ANATOLY KOROBOCHKA today promised Hearts fans new faces in the January transfer window after their side slipped to ninth in the SPL.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but we didn't sign a single player in January.

That's cos Koro was part of the much maligned management 'triumvirate', which was disbanded by 1st January. I think most folk agreed that the best way forward was to appoint a manager before signing players that he might not want.

We have a new LB - Obua - subject to a work permit and it seems clear, reading between the lined, that Tullberg will be signed before the end of the current transfer window. The manager has also said he wants to bring in a keeper. This latest statement is saying that he's not going to spend millions on any one player - no news there! Tullberg was a possible loan deal and Obua was a free transfer. I'm sure we can get a keeper and possibly another striker on similar deals.

Nothing to see here - move along please.

Oh how the mighty have fallen eh! Vlad would be very angry with you - he wants us to be champion. Down negative man, down!

Anything below 3rd in unacceptable IMO. 8th is absolutely abysmal, 4th or 5th would still be a failure.

The truth is Romanov has probably set us back about 5 years with his incompetent boobery so what you're saying is probably about right and we'll just have to deal with it.

At least he's managed to succeed at one thing though, lowering standards so much that fans are now happy with a battle for a top 6 place.

Why is 4th a failure does it not get you the same as 3rd now ?

3rd = Best of the rest

4th = Second best of the rest.

shaun.lawson

Not quite, no. 4th - unless it's an all-OF Cup Final - leaves you entering the UEFA Cup in the 1st qualifying round, ie. in late June; 3rd leaves you entering it in (I think) the first round proper, the last before the group stages. Seems like a pretty big difference to me, especially given the havoc wreaked on the preseason of whoever ends up with the last European spot!

It is strange how people can hear and read comments and disagree so widely about their intent.

MY take on Laszlo's comments on Setanta was this.

He wants a striker, but does not believe we will get one this week

He has enquired about our budget and been told that the players will not be Million pound players

He likes to bat away questions about Riordan by referring to players out of our price range like Toni

I find none of the above unsettling or disconcerting. I did not expect Hearts to spend that sort of cash on a striker, it has never happened and is not likely to happen in the near future. I do believe that Laszlo is trying to work within a budget that CAN get us a decent striker but his options were limited by the market having been bought/sold whilst he was still in Africa. I would wager that a striker will come in before August is over.*

I agree with PTBCAL about our current options, I think they will all be given their chance and that Nade could well be an ace in the pack if Laszlo can sort out his attitude. It is clear that Laszlo rates Mole, he will get a decent run in the side and I for one am pleased with that.

*I do realise the season starts this weekend and not the end of August.

We are ?22m odd in debt.

I think it's time we cut our cloth accordingly. It's the correct thing to do and I am happy that we are finally addressing this.

Doesnt mean we cant or shouldnt "wheel and deal" a little to improve our squad.

Every other club that is skint in the country does this - and it has served us excellently in the past.

We cant rely solely on youth and one Ugandan.

Archived