Csaba is all talk

Hearts of Vladland

Hearts of Vladland

I'm starting to think he is all talk. He says he is going to make 3 or 4 new

signing, now he is now saying we don't have the resources. And that the striker's just need confidence and they'll be as good as any signing me make.

BobbyJenkins

signing, now he is now saying we don't have the resources. And that the striker's just need confidence and they'll be as good as any signing me make.

Im thinkin youre talking ****. Thats all really.

Ryan Gosling

Has it not occurred to you that instead of him 'lying to the fans', he was told money would be available and now it 'isn't' ?

Has it not occurred to you that instead of him 'lying to the fans', he was told money would be available and now it 'isn't' ?

Just for clarification, are you saying there is no money for Csaba to spend?:mad:

shaun.lawson

Which if so, would reflect appallingly on those that appointed him, wouldn't it? I still think CL's playing politics myself: it's that he feels he has to which is the great shame here.

BobbyJenkins
Just for clarification, are you saying there is no money for Csaba to spend?:mad:

Is anyone surprised if thats is the case? Look at our situation... a couple of years of prudence wouldnt hurt. Be realistic.

siegementality

So someone lied to Csaba?, surely not!, who would do such a thing?

Is anyone surprised if thats is the case? Look at our situation... a couple of years of prudence wouldnt hurt. Be realistic.

So are you suggesting that Hearts dont bring in ANY players for the next TWO years?

BobbyJenkins
So are you suggesting that Hearts dont bring in ANY players for the next TWO years?

No thats not what Im saying at all. Im saying be realistic. That is all. Very good players tend to cost very good money... work it out.

siegementality
No thats not what Im saying at all. Im saying be realistic. That is all. Very good players tend to cost very good money... work it out.

I'd settle for good players, or even above average players, that would still be an improvement.

Where in my original post, did I say that Hearts should spend A LOT of money.

I think you will find I didnt, I was merely asking if Hearts as a club have resources in place to recruit new players, this could be for transfer fees or wages or both.

Dont think that is being unreasonable or unrealistic considering our new manager has stated they are trying to bring new players in.

Only a Game

So he should tell the fans that right now or he'll fall down the slippery slope of many others before him.

I think he's been misquoted in any case.

What he said was along the lines of not wanting to spend 3 million Euros on a striker.

We've never done that before, nor should we be thinking about doing it and I dont believe we will be doing it nor was he ever told he could do it.

It doesnt mean that there will be no signings. We just wont be spending ?2million on a striker. But we all knew that anyway didnt we ?

siegementality
So he should tell the fans that right now or he'll fall down the slippery slope of many others before him.

I think he's been misquoted in any case.

What he said was along the lines of not wanting to spend 3 million Euros on a striker.

We've never done that before, nor should we be thinking about doing it and I dont believe we will be doing it nor was he ever told he could do it.

It doesnt mean that there will be no signings. We just wont be spending ?2million on a striker. But we all knew that anyway didnt we ?

I agree with you 619%.

Jambof3tornado

The best bargains turn up at the end of the window,and thats all we should be buying,bargains that can still do a job for us.

TBH as much as i would like a few new players i dont think its going to happen.

Unfortunatly we still have a large squad and large debts to contend with.

Jam Tarts 1874

Typical wrist-slasher - not actually reading the direct quotes, but just making up your own interpretation of what has been said so far.

Csaba has talked about and continues to talk about what is needed. At no point has Csaba said "I am going to make 3-4 new signings".

Dagger Is Back

Not sure if he is all talk or what - too early for me to tell.

Tell you what though - if we don't get a couple of decent strikers in we will struggle to get top 6 never mind UEFA spot. None and I mean NONE of our strikers - Elliot, Glen, Mole, Nade will get 20 goals a season. In fact I reckon they'd struggle to get into double figures.

That in turn puts too much pressure on the defensive element of the team and I think we can look forward to a lot of low scoring games this year.

Two strikers is an absolute must!

Seymour M Hersh

I don't think he is all talk. Regarding new players I'm sure he has names and has targets. Whether funds will be made available is another question. I noticed a real improvement in the mental/focus side of our game yesterday. I thought we looked much more of a unit. Much more disciplined and focussed for the entire match. I also liked the persistence in passing the ball along the ground. Yes there were mistakes but I think his methods (the ones he has been talking about so readily) are bearing fruit. That said we definitely need 3 or 4 players at least 2 of whom should be forwards.

I don't think he is all talk. Regarding new players I'm sure he has names and has targets. Whether funds will be made available is another question. I noticed a real improvement in the mental/focus side of our game yesterday. I thought we looked much more of a unit. Much more disciplined and focussed for the entire match. I also liked the persistence in passing the ball along the ground. Yes there were mistakes but I think his methods (the ones he has been talking about so readily) are bearing fruit. That said we definitely need 3 or 4 players at least 2 of whom should be forwards.

Watched the game on Sultana yesterday so perhaps not the best view. But the old failing was there - a failure to hold the ball up front. A player like Jankauskas took so much pressure off the defence/midfield because he could hold the ball. In Nade's best games last year he was strong enough to do this but he wasn't interested in passing the ball after holding it. So a forward who can hold the ball is absolutely vital if we are to play this passing game that Laszlo seems to want.

As for signing big name players. Pretty clear on the record of the last couple of years that the club can't afford big name players.

Seymour M Hersh
Watched the game on Sultana yesterday so perhaps not the best view. But the old failing was there - a failure to hold the ball up front. A player like Jankauskas took so much pressure off the defence/midfield because he could hold the ball. In Nade's best games last year he was strong enough to do this but he wasn't interested in passing the ball after holding it. So a forward who can hold the ball is absolutely vital if we are to play this passing game that Laszlo seems to want.

As for signing big name players. Pretty clear on the record of the last couple of years that the club can't afford big name players.

I suppose it depends then on whether he can get the best out of Nade and coach the passing the ball into him. I'd rather see a fir Aguir in mid before Stewart and Makela upfront ahead of Audrey.

That is more or less how I seen it.... our defence looked ok, but Hull didn't really offer much of a test .....the midfield done ok, with some neat passing now and then.......... but the forward line is simply terrible.

From how I am interpreting the context of what was said Csaba is saying that there is no money for a real quality striker as he would like Luca Toni so he is searching the market for the best within his budget. I firmly believe they have someone in mind but they may have to be patient about getting him.

I dont think there is lies being told but then what do I know!!

There are a couple of realities with the Hearts squad at present

1. There is nobody in the squad worthy of the title "striker"

2. The squad is not good enough to play the type of football Csaba wants to play

We wouldnt actually need to spend a huge amount of money to start sorting that situation out.

With the type of football Csaba wants to play we would have a good chance of third with 3 first team signings.

I personally think we need 8 first team signings to have a good team but this is the SPL, and good coaching and 3 players should have us challenging for 3rd

That squad and Csaba's preferred style of football will remain a bottom 6 team as:

1. we wont score enough goals and have nobody to hold the ball up front

2. our defence will not handle "playing football" whilst being harassed as they normally would by other harrying SPL teams

3. one half of our midfield cant pass the ball very well

Bottom line is if Csaba was fully backed and supported by Vlad we could do well, and it neednt cost a fortune. Its a fairly easy formula.

Guest JamboRobbo
There are a couple of realities with the Hearts squad at present

1. There is nobody in the squad worthy of the title "striker"

2. The squad is not good enough to play the type of football Csaba wants to play

We wouldnt actually need to spend a huge amount of money to start sorting that situation out.

With the type of football Csaba wants to play we would have a good chance of third with 3 first team signings.

I personally think we need 8 first team signings to have a good team but this is the SPL, and good coaching and 3 players should have us challenging for 3rd

That squad and Csaba's preferred style of football will remain a bottom 6 team as:

1. we wont score enough goals and have nobody to hold the ball up front

2. our defence will not handle "playing football" whilst being harassed as they normally would by other harrying SPL teams

3. one half of our midfield cant pass the ball very well

Bottom line is if Csaba was fully backed and supported by Vlad we could do well, and it neednt cost a fortune. Its a fairly easy formula.

Spot on mate. We need a goalie, a center half, a centre midfielder, and two strikers. Pretty sure Csaba identified that exact problem a couple of weeks ago. Now it seems he's not so sure we'll actually sign someone.

Captain Lithuania

If that's the case, I have lost what respect I had left for Vlad (if any). What about the 9M+ Gordon money, and the 2.3M from Bednar. Where is that? In his pocket?

shaun.lawson
If that's the case, I have lost what respect I had left for Vlad (if any). What about the 9M+ Gordon money, and the 2.3M from Bednar. Where is that? In his pocket?

Nope. It went towards dealing with last season's monumental loss. All our player sales have been along these lines - because if UBIG can't make any money out of us, there's no point in Vlad's involvement.

Spot on mate. We need a goalie, a center half, a centre midfielder, and two strikers. Pretty sure Csaba identified that exact problem a couple of weeks ago. Now it seems he's not so sure we'll actually sign someone.

That is the basic requirement to get top 6 in my view.

This is the morning after we beat a (not one of the best) team from the best league in the world?

You made some good points (though why do you think that Csaba will not notice the way that other SPL teams play and try to counter it?) but we're not on course to finish bottom 6 even with the same squad.

Last year we nearly scraped into the top 6. This year, whatever else we have, we seem to have a proper manager doing the things that proper managers do, such as working with the players and having the authority to pick the team.

We'll do better than last year, maybe not 3rd, maybe not Europe (there's an extra place this year?).

And at least one of last season's top six teams has got considerably worse (clue: they play in Edinburgh and score every ninth game).

Dr. Bapswent

Would agree with the requirements.

Just dont think we should expect them to be fulfilled overnight.

to be honest, I can see it taking all season to develop those positions, if at all.

Captain Lithuania
Nope. It went towards dealing with last season's monumental loss. All our player sales have been along these lines - because if UBIG can't make any money out of us, there's no point in Vlad's involvement.

Getting fed up with this team, we were finally getting back on our feet and now the manager comes out with, "I havnae got enough money to bring in Lits"

Captain Lithuania
Getting fed up with this team, we were finally getting back on our feet and now the manager comes out with, "I havnae got enough money to bring in Lits"

In fact, the manager says, "Vlad hasn't got enough money to bring in Lits."

Guest JamboRobbo
Would agree with the requirements.

Just dont think we should expect them to be fulfilled overnight.

to be honest, I can see it taking all season to develop those positions, if at all.

Not overnight no. But I was hoping we'd have the essentials in time for the start of the season - it's not much to ask.

I'd say the essentials out of that lot were 2 strikers and a goalie. Having seen Banks do well yesterday, we could even get by with just 2 strikers if we want to risk it and hope we don't get injuries. Even 1 striker worthy of the name to take up the strikers role for the first day of the season would be a start. Cause being honest about it, we don't have one right now.

To sign none of those players we need by the start of the season (especially after even our manager said we needed those players and said we'd be bringing players in in the next few days) is asking for trouble.

shaun.lawson

I actually think something else is going on here (apart from our periodically horrendous cashflow issues, that is). Csaba's been given full control, or very close to it, at least - so I think Vlad's attitude is one of "so, you told me to stop interfering, and to stop bringing in sub-standard loanees. Fine: have it your way! If a manager's all we need, then I'll appoint one, and he can get on with it - but don't come crying to me if you need new players. Because they cost money, which we don't have, and if I used money out of my own pocket, I'd expect a say in them being picked too".

Meaning he's more than likely behaving like a schoolkid, as usual. But it's Csaba and the team who'll have to find a way of coping, and make a virtue out of a necessity.

you are completely unrealistic. How many signings have the present spl champions made? why have they not spent all last years profit and champ league money? They will buy when they see something worth buying.

Quality over quantity.....3 weeks in a new job/league does not mean shabba has let us down or lied.... maybe he wants to take his time and find the right player for his way of playing and not just signing anyone to keep the fans happy.

Lay off!

Dr. Bapswent
Not overnight no. But I was hoping we'd have the essentials in time for the start of the season - it's not much to ask.

I'd say the essentials out of that lot were 2 strikers and a goalie. Having seen Banks do well yesterday, we could even get by with just 2 strikers if we want to risk it and hope we don't get injuries. Even 1 striker worthy of the name to take up the strikers role for the first day of the season would be a start. Cause being honest about it, we don't have one right now.

To sign none of those players we need by the start of the season (especially after even our manager said we needed those players and said we'd be bringing players in in the next few days) is asking for trouble.

Yes, it is.

But as mentioned on the other thread. Circumstrances change.

We are not just going to grab any old striker, and the Tullberg deal is hamstrung by his injury.

We know we looked at him, so we know we are trying.

Its bad luck if he didnt satisfy/is injured and the deal is off.

But after only 3 weeks, I dont expect Csaba to have answers to all our players.

The only difference to that situation is if Csaba has been told, no new players, but of course, none of us can know if thats the case, and to simply assume so would be unfair.

Guest JamboRobbo
you are completely unrealistic. How many signings have the present spl champions made?

How many places up the league are the present SPL champions hoping to move this season?

Guest JamboRobbo
Yes, it is.

But as mentioned on the other thread. Circumstrances change.

We are not just going to grab any old striker, and the Tullberg deal is hamstrung by his injury.

We know we looked at him, so we know we are trying.

Its bad luck if he didnt satisfy/is injured and the deal is off.

But after only 3 weeks, I dont expect Csaba to have answers to all our players.

The only difference to that situation is if Csaba has been told, no new players, but of course, none of us can know if thats the case, and to simply assume so would be unfair.

Thats what I'd like to know. Agree, to assume it is unfair.

Dr. Bapswent
Thats what I'd like to know. Agree, to assume it is unfair.

We all would.

But id imagine we never will know.

Either because they wont say, or it never even happened.

Again, unfair to assume one way or the other.

This is the morning after we beat a (not one of the best) team from the best league in the world?

You made some good points (though why do you think that Csaba will not notice the way that other SPL teams play and try to counter it?) but we're not on course to finish bottom 6 even with the same squad.

Last year we nearly scraped into the top 6. This year, whatever else we have, we seem to have a proper manager doing the things that proper managers do, such as working with the players and having the authority to pick the team.

We'll do better than last year, maybe not 3rd, maybe not Europe (there's an extra place this year?).

And at least one of last season's top six teams has got considerably worse (clue: they play in Edinburgh and score every ninth game).

My post wasnt meant to be critical - I dont think it was

Some of the stuff we managed to pull together yesterday was excellent. So I think we can all now see how Csaba wants us to play.

Our problem is that neither of our centre backs are that comfortable spreading the ball about on the deck from the back, and need time that they will not generally get in the SPL to do so.

Banks being forced to go long, as he will, I imagine, a lot of the time in the SPL will be murder with our current strikers.

Relying on Stewart / Ruben / Eggert to zip passes around the midfield will be fraught and none can naturally go beyond the forwards.

None of our forwards can hold the ball up to allow our midfielders to go beyond them anyway.

That said, we look much more organised and fit. The players look willing to try and adapt to the new style of football, and we can see that for parts of games it might come off.

Yes we beat an EPL team yesterday, but they were woeful. The highlight of their preseason so far appears to be a draw with Oldham having been gubbed by Crewe.

I think Csaba could be great for us and clearly has footballing ideas that will appeal to nearly every Hearts fan.

He simply needs backed and supported by the man who counts, otherwise Csaba's soundbites will start to have a ring of Burley ("its not ideal") about them a few weeks into the season

I actually think something else is going on here (apart from our periodically horrendous cashflow issues, that is). Csaba's been given full control, or very close to it, at least - so I think Vlad's attitude is one of "so, you told me to stop interfering, and to stop bringing in sub-standard loanees. Fine: have it your way! If a manager's all we need, then I'll appoint one, and he can get on with it - but don't come crying to me if you need new players. Because they cost money, which we don't have, and if I used money out of my own pocket, I'd expect a say in them being picked too".

Meaning he's more than likely behaving like a schoolkid, as usual. But it's Csaba and the team who'll have to find a way of coping, and make a virtue out of a necessity.

I really do not think that is happening. david obua is a new player..he would have required a signing on fee and wages. If shabba is told work with what you have...then if he releases a player he can bring in a player on roughly the same kind of terms or possibly less...my point is we do not need money, there are bargains to be had.

Every other team in the spl are bringing in free players at one time or another, nobody is spending big money and neither should we.

If shabba has to sell or release before he can bring one or two in, thats fine....I just do not think vlad is making him do that because he seeks revenge for us forcing him to loosen his grip on the team.

I think it's a case of Tullberg was unlucky with injury or he would possibly have played yesterday, same with Obua..... that would have been acouple of new faces and the people on here would not be as critical of where we are.

I have faith in the team under shabba. We could have made third easy last year with the squad we had...I think we will **** it this year.

Dr. Bapswent

You believe that?

So how does that explain looking at Obua/Tullberg?

shaun.lawson
I really do not think that is happening. david obua is a new player..he would have required a signing on fee and wages. If shabba is told work with what you have...then if he releases a player he can bring in a player on roughly the same kind of terms or possibly less...my point is we do not need money, there are bargains to be had.

Every other team in the spl are bringing in free players at one time or another, nobody is spending big money and neither should we.

If shabba has to sell or release before he can bring one or two in, thats fine....I just do not think vlad is making him do that because he seeks revenge for us forcing him to loosen his grip on the team.

I think it's a case of Tullberg was unlucky with injury or he would possibly have played yesterday, same with Obua..... that would have been acouple of new faces and the people on here would not be as critical of where we are.

I have faith in the team under shabba. We could have made third easy last year with the squad we had...I think we will **** it this year.

I'll have some of what you've been drinking! :) We'll see, and I hope you're right, but on Obua: well, the club know that Uganda are outside the world's top 70, so it won't do if they turn around and say "we want to make signings, but they're being unfairly denied permits". I've no idea how his hearing will go, but it was always a huge risk placing any eggs in the basket marked 'Ugandan players', and I hope there are other avenues we can exhaust if this one doesn't work out.

shaun.lawson
You believe that?

So how does that explain looking at Obua/Tullberg?

How do you explain Csaba's comments from yesterday, if the goalposts haven't started to shift slightly? It'd be bizarre, because we've looked at the players you've mentioned - but what he had to say certainly left me feeling uneasy.

Dr. Bapswent
How do you explain Csaba's comments from yesterday, if the goalposts haven't started to shift slightly? It'd be bizarre, because we've looked at the players you've mentioned - but what he had to say certainly left me feeling uneasy.

Circumstances change.

I dont expect Csaba to have all the answers including new players in 3 weeks.

He wanted new players, but maybe now is realizing he cant achieve that before the start of the season.

Hardly a huge u-turn, just a change in priorities to focusing on the squad we have or to the gamble of new players.

Maybe the deals they were looking at are no longer viable, maybe they fell through. maybe money is no longer available.

maybe he just realizes with a week to go, the players he does have int he squad are his priority, not trying to get a new player in, which will take time and have to integrate into the squad.

To be fair, i think Csaba has done a huge amount with the team considering the time he has had with them.

To be annoyed that he cant walk on water too seems a bit ungrateful.

There are so many traits of Romanov we would need to have changed for us to have a conclusive, or broadly conclusive, feel as to how things were going behind the seens

Autonomy is one thing

Last minute transfers is another.

We are nearly always tardy when it comes to transfers under Vlad. I cant see that changing.

On the one hand it was a relief that there was not some sort of Kaunas day out yesterday, but equally, this season Kaunas have a real chance of getting closer to Champs League and it is possible that as twitchy a finger as Vlad had, even he saw the idiocy of flying players across as trialists.

I'll still view it as a positive that we played guys that are all actually in the squad yesterday though.

I kind of agree with Csaba that to go on an on about strikers every interview starts to become counter productive but can see that it might be another u-turn (however you read it his assistant requirements have been a u-turn, enforced or otherwise)

I think the team selection was a little worrying but I've still to decide that is because the squad is so deficient (not Csaba's fault) or whether it was because the committee is back in town and Csaba is just a more cultured and footballingly eloquent front than Frail. At the moment I am hedging with the former

However, whichever way you look at it we dont have a striker worthy of the title and we need one - not a ?2m one, not even necessarily a "Riordan" type one. Just one that is vaguely competent, and shouldnt be that difficult or expensive to procure

Its that simple

There are so many traits of Romanov we would need to have changed for us to have a conclusive, or broadly conclusive, feel as to how things were going behind the seens

Autonomy is one thing

Last minute transfers is another.

We are nearly always tardy when it comes to transfers under Vlad. I cant see that changing.

On the one hand it was a relief that there was not some sort of Kaunas day out yesterday, but equally, this season Kaunas have a real chance of getting closer to Champs League and it is possible that as twitchy a finger as Vlad had, even he saw the idiocy of flying players across as trialists.

I'll still view it as a positive that we played guys that are all actually in the squad yesterday though.

I kind of agree with Csaba that to go on an on about strikers every interview starts to become counter productive but can see that it might be another u-turn (however you read it his assistant requirements have been a u-turn, enforced or otherwise)

I think the team selection was a little worrying but I've still to decide that is because the squad is so deficient (not Csaba's fault) or whether it was because the committee is back in town and Csaba is just a more cultured and footballingly eloquent front than Frail. At the moment I am hedging with the former

However, whichever way you look at it we dont have a striker worthy of the title and we need one - not a ?2m one, not even necessarily a "Riordan" type one. Just one that is vaguely competent, and shouldnt be that difficult or expensive to procure

Its that simple

Is it by chance that the Angel's favoured 4-5-1 formation with Audrey in the hole is the first choice for Laszlo in his first home game?

Get a grip, with this post. Give the man a chance. He is being honest to us,which is refreshing. A bit of realism is what we have needed for a long time. After the game yesterday, it is obvious we need a striker, but top goal scorers are in short supply for most teams. Csaba at least has the team, playing together, which is a start at least.

I think we may get a striker before Sat, just may be a loan deal or something, or a freebie. The kid at Liverpool, Nemeth may be the shout. He is also Hungarian so could be ideal for both parties.

Drylaw Hearts
Is it by chance that the Angel's favoured 4-5-1 formation with Audrey in the hole is the first choice for Laszlo in his first home game?

No.

I know.

And seeing Cervenkov's puss on the bench made me want to puke.

But Makela appears to have done himself no favours pre-season, so I'm not sure how much of a choice he had, or how heavily "influenced" he was.

Look, its pretty easy for Vlad to give Csaba autonomy but still almost control who is in the team -

eg dont buy strikers so Audrey plays more. Sell Karipidis so Zaliukas plays more

I'm not that easily convinced that we are not all being played as patsies, but I'm still more happy than not at our progress so far.

With the proviso that the current squad wont get us out of the bottom and six IMO and wont qualify us for Europe

Archived