Barry George

i8hibsh

Why are people feeling sorry for this guy? and why are we (the tax payer) going to have to fork out up to ?300,000 in compensation for him?

He may not have killed Jill Dando but the guy is a convicted rapist, a serious sex pest and a danger to our streets.

Jail was the best place for him, my only concern is that Dando's real killer has still not been brought to justice.

My predition is that Bary George will be hassling women before he can cash in his compensation!

Why do we live in such a pussy run government country!

I P Knightley

My predition is that Bary George will be hassling women before he can cash in his compensation!

I have a feeling that with the compo and other payments he gets, there'll be no shortage of women hassling him. He can retire from that gig and get some legitimate hole.

Next series of "I'm a celebrity..." You can see it happening, can't you?

I have a feeling that with the compo and other payments he gets, there'll be no shortage of women hassling him. He can retire from that gig and get some legitimate hole.

Next series of "I'm a celebrity..." You can see it happening, can't you?

It would not surprise me

He'll be being a sex pest in the jungle soon and the other Z listers will screaming "get him out of here"

He will be coining it in for selling his story, he was on the front of all the rags today

Thats what we need to do guys, walk the streets and be a sex pest - danger to the public, spend a couple of years in a coushy wee jail then earn shed loads of dosh

Nucky Thompson

He may not have done Jill Dando, but he is a pervert with his own admission:mad: Give him feck all compensation :cool:

He may not have done Jill Dando, but he is a pervert with his own admission:mad: Give him feck all compensation :cool:

He's going to get it mate - it's sickening

The guy is a self confessed sex pest!

Nucky Thompson
He's going to get it mate - it's sickening

The guy is a self confessed sex pest!

Yeah and the press are all over him feeling sorry for him. He was stalking some other poor girl when the OB arrested him:cool:

I P Knightley
Thats what we need to do guys, walk the streets and be a sex pest then earn shed loads of dosh

I8, your my best mate on these boards. Just don't forget that when the money starts rolling in... ;)

davemclaren

Barry George won't get compensation because he is a sex pest. However, he will get compensation for the years he was incarcerated for a crime he seemingly didn't commit. Whatever crimes he carried out previously he has already served, or paid, his alloted punishment.

jackjambo22

I know who will cash in

The Psychologist (and what seems his official spokes person) who has been at his side right through out the case.Day time TV a cert, Punch/Pinch and Judy in the afternoon, Tabloid columns in the paper, Books, the lot for the Lady me thinks.

I never knew he was a convicted Rapist, if so any comp he gets should be directed to his victim or at least some of it

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Why are people feeling sorry for this guy? and why are we (the tax payer) going to have to fork out up to ?300,000 in compensation for him?

He may not have killed Jill Dando but the guy is a convicted rapist, a serious sex pest and a danger to our streets.

Jail was the best place for him, my only concern is that Dando's real killer has still not been brought to justice.

Why do we live in such a pussy run government country!

You can't have a system where people are jailed for crimes they didn't commit. Nor can the establishment avoid responsibility if that happens. I understand what you're saying about the guy's history but it's not relevant to this case.

You can't have a system where people are jailed for crimes they didn't commit. Nor can the establishment avoid responsibility if that happens. I understand what you're saying about the guy's history but it's not relevant to this case.

Certain crimes are inexcusable and should put people beyond the norms for any civilized society. People convicted of crimes of homicide, serious violence or serious sexual offences should never be allowed to be compensated for anything from the public purse after being convicted of such a crime. This excuse for a human being has admitted that he was stalking women right up to the day he was arrested for Dando's murder.

Innocent of the Dando crime or not George is a vile piece of human verdigris and should get no sympathy what so ever. His actions made him suspect and you reap what you sow.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Certain crimes are inexcusable and should put people beyond the norms for any civilized society. People convicted of crimes of homicide, serious violence or serious sexual offences should never be allowed to be compensated for anything from the public purse after being convicted of such a crime. This excuse for a human being has admitted that he was stalking women right up to the day he was arrested for Dando's murder.

Innocent of the Dando crime or not George is a vile piece of human verdigris and should get no sympathy what so ever. His actions made him suspect and you reap what you sow.

Fair enough, we'll agree to disagree (not that I've got any sympathy for the bloke).

I P Knightley

But without the full details of the 'stalking' he was doing, we can't judge the seriousness.

He may not have been botheringthe woman in question, simply keeping an occasional eye on her from a distance. He could, on the other hand, have been rifling her bins and stealing her knickers from the line. Do we know?

I've not heard evidence that he's "vile" but suspect that he's a bit of a simpleton. If that's the case, then he becomes an easy suspect for pretty much anything. Surely, then, he doesn't deserve everything that happens to him. He's been inside for 8 years - that's a bit much for just being a bit shifty & weird.

But without the full details of the 'stalking' he was doing, we can't judge the seriousness.

He may not have been botheringthe woman in question, simply keeping an occasional eye on her from a distance. He could, on the other hand, have been rifling her bins and stealing her knickers from the line. Do we know?

I've not heard evidence that he's "vile" but suspect that he's a bit of a simpleton. If that's the case, then he becomes an easy suspect for pretty much anything. Surely, then, he doesn't deserve everything that happens to him. He's been inside for 8 years - that's a bit much for just being a bit shifty & weird.

He's already served a sentence for attempted rape - put that together with his stalking career and I don't think that it's to hard for anybody to get the true picture of the man. I think shifty and weird somewhat underplays what he really is.

Gigolo-Aunt
He's already served a sentence for attempted rape - put that together with his stalking career and I don't think that it's to hard for anybody to get the true picture of the man. I think shifty and weird somewhat underplays what he really is.

Thing is though, Deevers - what he has now been cleared with is the Dando murder and that only. The case put together was not down to stalking or rape.

Not saying its right - but thats the way it is.

I think that one or two who have commented on this thread could do with having their eyes opened by reading 'One Day In The Life of Ivan Denisovich'.

Then again perhaps they would read it as a prison manual for prisons to be used for 'bad' people ...

A man who's been convicted for a crime he didn't commit ?

Thats the only only point that has to be taken into consideration.A man thats also lucky there is no death penalty in this country.

Captain Canada

The guy has a lot of problems and maybe shouldn't have been wandering the community unsupervised in the first place when he was stalking all these women. Despite his dodgy past, I think he deserves to be compensated for one of the most obvious police fit ups in recent years.

A man who should not walk the streets

Here are the facts

• The guy is a CONVICTED rapist
  • He is a sex pest
  • He stalks women
  • He is known to be extremely volatile
  • He is not 'right in the head'
  • He is obsessed with guns - in an unhealthy way

May the blood and tears of his next vitim be on the British judiciary system!!!!

He should never have been released after his rape

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Here are the facts

• He is a sex pest
  • He stalks women

May the blood and tears of his next vitim be on the British judiciary system!!!!

I don't see what that's got to do with the fact that he was wrongly convicted of a crime

Here are the facts

• He is a sex pest
  • He stalks women

Not that much of the above is correct.

Dont think he's raped any one.

He WAS a sex pest, if his stalking was sexually motivated

Being not right in the head isnt a crime... some would say having an unhealthy taste for woman with a certain colour of hair is not right in the head but we are all different and this shouldn't mean we bang any one up who is different.

Think its pretty clear that he deserves compo for being set up by the police and the BBC... the BBC are still reporting he had pictures of Jill Dando in his flat (they keep forgetting that he had thousands of news papers in his house, jill dando was in 5 or something stupid)

Here are the facts

• He is a sex pest
  • He stalks women

He is convicted of ATTEMPTED rape FACT.

He isn't "right in the head" FACT

So lets bang him up for life, based on the facts. :confused:

Miller Jambo 60
Barry George won't get compensation because he is a sex pest. However, he will get compensation for the years he was incarcerated for a crime he seemingly didn't commit. Whatever crimes he carried out previously he has already served, or paid, his alloted punishment.

He is a beast and no matter how many years he served, he will still be one.:mad:

He is a beast and no matter how many years he served, he will still be one.:mad:

At last, the voice of reason.

Thread closed.

Miller Jambo 60
Nope.

Fair enough bud i worry for my wife and kids.

I cant protect them 24/7

Care in the community is a laugh , but not funny for the people that have probs.

We need a big re-vamp in the NHS to help our society.

Wont happen with labour.

Thing is though, Deevers - what he has now been cleared with is the Dando murder and that only. The case put together was not down to stalking or rape.

Not saying its right - but thats the way it is.

Oh yes it was - that was one of the main pillars of the police case against him - in that way he was perhaps partially responsible, by his own actions for the police taking an interest in him in the first place.

His conviction was wrong, and a miscarriage of justice - but perhaps, by his own misdeeds in stalking women he made himself a justifiable suspect in a case that was entirely built on circumstantial evidence. Evidence that convinced a jury first time round of his guilt.

A Boy Named Crow

I don't read the red tops, and I've not made the effort to find out about this. Was it found that he defo didn't do it, no way no how? Or is it that the case was a bit shoogly and a good barister gave it the dunt it needed?

So did he actually rape, or attempt to rape, anyone?

I'm guessing ih8 etc know all the ins and outs of that case in particular?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
I don't read the red tops, and I've not made the effort to find out about this. Was it found that he defo didn't do it, no way no how? Or is it that the case was a bit shoogly and a good barister gave it the dunt it needed?

There were no alibis or anything like that so there's no stonewall proof that he didn't do it, but the evidence against him was so flimsy that there's absolutely no proof of guilt either. The whole case seemed to hang on a bit of gunpowder residue found on his clothes.

The thing that makes me laugh is that the police in Portugal have taken a hammering from the British press about their management of the Madeleine McCann case. Some might say the investigation into Jill Dando's murder was just as inept. Almost a decade on and all they've managed to do is fit up the wrong man whose face fitted.

There were no alibis or anything like that so there's no stonewall proof that he didn't do it, but the evidence against him was so flimsy that there's absolutely no proof of guilt either. The whole case seemed to hang on a bit of gunpowder residue found on his clothes.

The thing that makes me laugh is that the police in Portugal have taken a hammering from the British press about their management of the Madeleine McCann case. Some might say the investigation into Jill Dando's murder was just as inept. Almost a decade on and all they've managed to do is fit up the wrong man whose face fitted.

Flimsy yes - inept no the police only really collated what little circumstantial evidence there was in this case and passed it all on to the Crown Prosecution Service - it was not the police who took the decision to prosecute George in this case - it was the Crown Prosecution Service - and that is where the blame for this fiasco should be laid.

The real problem in this case was the death of a high profile TV personality and the establishments need to present a culprit to the public no matter what!

Archived