happy but could be very excited

savage

after watching todays game i am enthusiastic about the season ahead. we look very organised and disciplined which is exactly what was required.

the only thing we lack which we require immediatley is a quality striker. vlad please give the manager the funds to make the signing which could change the season from okay into something near special.

i was very disturbed to hear lovell after the match say that young mole must have played himself into the starting strikers role next week. did anyone actually see him do anything productive cause i certainly did not

Dirk Diggler

We are 2 or 3 players away from being decent enough to challenge for Europe IMO.

I reckon we'll see a striker signing this week.

Gigolo-Aunt

Thought we played some decent stuff in patches, and are much better organised - still need 2 or 3 players of quality brought in though.

Thought Hull were REALLY **** poor.

portobellojambo1
We are 2 or 3 players away from being decent enough to challenge for Europe IMO.

I reckon we'll see a striker signing this week.

I would agree with that, although today, like any other friendly match, I found it difficult to gauge anything from the performance. When you have two sides who are not playing, or don't seem to be playing, at 100% it is difficult to tell exactly where they are preparation wise. Next week will give a much clearer picture of what the season may hold.

Arthur Morgan

Yes i think we could finish 3rd with 2 or 3 new signings IMO i think we need a RB, CAM (CB if karipidis leaves), ST.

Anything more than that would be a bonus

Reckon Hull will finish with less points than Derby did last season.

Thought we defended really well and worked very hard when not in possession.

:)

Sorry, but Thompson poor at RB, Zaliukas and Berra not a good combination. Driver at LB 1st half??

Stewart good 1st half, Kingston good 2nd half.

Ksanavicius not good enough, despite goal. Mole, rank.

Nothing much to excite.

It's going to be more of the same, unless we sign a few quality players.

after watching todays game i am enthusiastic about the season ahead. we look very organised and disciplined which is exactly what was required.

the only thing we lack which we require immediatley is a quality striker. vlad please give the manager the funds to make the signing which could change the season from okay into something near special.

i was very disturbed to hear lovell after the match say that young mole must have played himself into the starting strikers role next week. did anyone actually see him do anything productive cause i certainly did not

i trying to avoid finding out too much about the game as i have it recorded in the house but i have seen the result and am happy wae that.

admitadly havnt seen hull play but im assuming by their form towards the end of last season that they are a decent side, better than motherwell anyway, so this seems a good result

obviously we need 2-3 players but if the team is organized then half our problems fro last season are gone, even with the current squad

Miller Jambo 60
Thought we played some decent stuff in patches, and are much better organised - still need 2 or 3 players of quality brought in though.

Thought Hull were REALLY **** poor.

Hull were **** relegation material.

We were organised great passing .

We are Brazil:dribble:

The White Cockade

Yes Csaba sounds the real deal

Yes we were organised better today and looked pretty fit

BUT

I am now worrying that Vlad isn't going to be putting up the readies to buy a decent striker and a couple of other necessary signings

If that is the case I can't see us finishing in the top 5

Obua was another of our free transfer signings

You don't pick up 20 goal a season strikers on free transfers

being Mr Negative I also think that if Larry keeps playing well each week and looking international class

how long before he's sold.....

Gigolo-Aunt

being Mr Negative I also think that if Larry keeps playing well each week and looking international class

how long before he's sold.....

Would you prefer it if he was playing pish and stayed?

:confused:

I want ALL Hearts players to have better clubs snififng around them - that would mean they are doing well and more than likely the JT's would be doing well.

The White Cockade

good point bud

i'm happy enough to see other teams after our best players

if we don't sell tham all

Sorry, but Thompson poor at RB, Zaliukas and Berra not a good combination. Driver at LB 1st half??

Nothing much to excite.

Sorry but Zal and Berra played well together today. Generally the defence played as well as could be expected with AD as LB. Audrey, too, put in a good shift.

They are all starting with a clean sheet with me. Last years form is (almost) forgotten.

Happy ? Yes i would say. The same players seem to play more fluently than before with discipline and energy. We have a manager who the players seem to be listening and responding to.

Excited ? No chance not yet. I think if things stay as they are we are top 6 material. 2 or 3 quality signings and we are shoe in for 3rd. :)

Everybody agrees we need a striker but,

last year we had a striker who'd never played in the team before parachuted in to play in the first game,

so if we sign a striker this week, then we'll have....... :wacko:

Charlie-Brown

Much better possession football from our guys today who were for the most part the same players who under-performed last year as well as kids like Brown and R.Wallace....so all things considered a big improvement.

Of course as well as Obua we still need 1 or 2 others including a main striker but generally there was a lot to be pleased about today....cautiously optimistic. :)

I think that was a fairly good performance as far as last years form goes as a comparison. I am of the opinion that we have a chance to turn things around with shabba at the helm. He is not a world class manager but he wont stand for sub-standard performances which is something we lacked in shaggy. I think he is the man to develope the talent we do have at the club and add a few classier signings to bolster the squad. It was an encouraging performance today but we are going to have to step it up a bit for next weeks game.

The White Cockade

To be honest the time to make a judgement on this season is at least 2 or 3 months in if not longer

Give the new manager and (hopefully) some new signings time to get with it

You can't tell much from a friendly against Hull

but to really challenge for Europe i'd say the minimum signing requirement is a class striker, at least one full back and a centre half (particularly if Karipidis goes) - same as what most people think really

The best news is that if Csaba is as good as we think then some of last years flops could come good again as I reckon it was the behind the scenes shambles that dragged most of the guys down last year rather than a lack of ability

Hull were **** relegation material.

We were organised great passing .

We are Brazil:dribble:

Never thought I'd say this, but Doug has said exactly what I wanted to say. ;)

Ryan Gosling
Never thought I'd say this, but Doug has said exactly what I wanted to say. ;)

MA HA HE HAS A WIFE YOU

Nothing much to excite.

Isn't football funny, I thought Mole worked the channels well and had an OK match.

Setanta I note had him up as a candidate for MOM and "one to watch" for the coming season!

Isn't football funny, I thought Mole worked the channels well and had an OK match.

Setanta I note had him up as a candidate for MOM and "one to watch" for the coming season!

Mole did a lot of running but his first touch is brutal. Every time the ball was played in to his feet he lost it.

Not good enough IMO.

Thought Makela looked ok but he's not the answer either.

hoof.hearted

The so called "experts" on tv & radio are total choobs. How many times did they collectively scramble for SF to be given the managers job last season:rolleyes:

While I'm in a ranting mood....I said today when Miko came on 'bet the commentator mentions his dive against Scotland within 3 minutes'.

I was right, 15 seconds to be exact !:rolleyes:

:107years:

Archived