CSABA is class!!!!! ARE YOU HAPPY? NO!

big wallace

big wallace

Post match interview,

this guy is a class man for hearts! Always looking for more!

Appreciation thread to CSABA well done mate

Glasgow Jambo

As was said on another thread, 'He should have watched us last year'!! I was happy with the peformance today. Nice to see some one touch football, and Kingston was class.

Nice to see Csaba looking for more though. Legend!

Do The Dance

Far better performance, but we still didn't create enough chances - and we have no one to take those chances when we do!

Post match interview,

this guy is a class man for hearts! Always looking for more!

Appreciation thread to CSABA well done mate

agreed !

liking him more and more

big wallace

its just good to have a man in charge who is man enough to say ' yeah we won, but im not happy ' that is trully what we need

push push push

Csaba has an eroma about him where we can build build build!!!!

lets see what happens but after today I am far more confident!

well done Hearts 'TOGETHER'

The difference he's made in the course of 3 weeks was plain to see. No surprise that we're not yet the finished article though. Hats off to him - lets hope we can keep him for a couple of years and make a real leap forward! Well done Csaba!

its just good to have a man in charge who is man enough to say ' yeah we won, but im not happy ' that is trully what we need

push push push

a what? Eroma??

He's obviously made decent progress with the existing squad. Now let's hope he is able to make further improvements through new signings.

oh ah grantona

jason thomson headache

andy driver had to play out of position yes but bad game

he wont be happy at the fact we had 4 central midfielders out there 3 played well eggert was poor (only 2 places in my book)

mole rank for me we are desperate on a striker and i just dont think he was wanting it or putting it in enough to show he wanted to be our 1st choice he had a chance today and for me he blew it he just went through the motions simply not good enough.

maybe i am a hard guy to please

the rest of players very good 1 big plus for me Brown very good game when came on is a an actual left back

Thought he was spot on with what he said!

Seemed like whoever was interviewing him wasn't quite sure what to say either, not that he could get a word in edgeways :)

jason thomson headache

he wont be happy at the fact we had 4 central midfielders out there 3 played well eggert was poor (only 2 places in my book)

mole rank for me we are desperate on a striker and i just dont think he was wanting it or putting it in enough to show he wanted to be our 1st choice he had a chance today and for me he blew it he just went through the motions simply not good enough.

the rest of players very good 1 big plus for me Brown very good game when came on is a an actual left back

Are you having a laugh pal?? He worked his ****** off the day, We need a finisher aye but Mole certainly could partner whoever we get.

oh ah grantona

maybe he could but for me that is not working your ass off maybe i just want more from strikers yes its hard to play up on your own but you have to chase every lost cause mole didnt

jason thomson headache

Don't know about hard to please but certainly very hard to read.

Are you having a laugh pal?? He worked his ****** off the day, We need a finisher aye but Mole certainly could partner whoever we get.

Aye, I was very impressed with Mole - particularly compared to last time I saw him play for Hearts. Tireless running all afternoon and was a real handful for all of Hull's defenders.

Miller Jambo 60

push push push

Lets now stick it up MM and Motherwell

To be honest, I thought Mole ran his heart out, and put in bags of effort, but very little came of it. A useful player to have, but he definately isn't the answer.

oh ah grantona

to all those who think mole ran his heart out and put lots of effort in define a strikers role! And then watch the game over again and watch were he is and what he does and every cross/ corner he does not have a strikers mind end of story

I liked is interview made the point re Audrey's miss sometimes you only get one real chance in a game and these can't be missed. Very true.

He certainly talks a good game.

I felt Mole touch and positional sense was poor today. He Doesnt seem to have the footballing brain to play up front on his own, his decision making was really poor. Ashame as he has the raw skills to be a danger but never uses them to full affect. I think if we go into the season with the players we have now i would start with Makela.

to all those who think mole ran his heart out and put lots of effort in define a strikers role! And then watch the game over again and watch were he is and what he does and every cross/ corner he does not have a strikers mind end of story

Define a strikers role when your playing one up front and you will realise that bar a goal Jamie Mole had a very good game today.

Is he a striker though or more of a forward? You've got to remember that not all forwards are out and out goal scorers.

I think if we could get an out and out goal scorer to play up front with mole it may work.

Carl Weathers
To be honest, I thought Mole ran his heart out, and put in bags of effort, but very little came of it. A useful player to have, but he definately isn't the answer.

Agreed. He tried but isn't good enough imo.

The centre forward, or an "out-and-out" striker, is normally the principal goal-scorer of a football team. Centre forwards act predominantly as "targets" or the focal point of an attack; it is the duty of the midfield to supply and to assist them to score.

Some centre forwards are goal poachers who tend to stay forward at all times and work in and around the penalty area to snatch goals, and are sometimes referred to proverbially as a "fox in the box". These strikers are known for their positional sense, excellent reflexes and finishing ability. Leading 'fox-in-the-box' players include Klaas-Jan Huntelaar, David Trezeguet, Miroslav Klose, Ruud van Nistelrooy, Yakubu Aiyegbeni, Ra?l, Filippo Inzaghi and Hern?n Crespo.

Other forwards may rely on their pace to latch on balls from outside the six-yard area, playing 'over the shoulder' of the last defender and trying to beat the offside trap. Strikers like Obafemi Martins, Andriy Shevchenko, Samuel Eto'o, Thierry Henry, Fernando Torres, David Villa, and Ronaldo fall into this category.[1]

Some forwards rely on their technical skills to create their own goalscoring opportunities, displaying excellent close control and dribbling ability to pierce through opposition defences. Examples of this type of striker are Alessandro Del Piero, Patrick Kluivert, Dimitar Berbatov, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Francesco Totti.

Another group of centre forwards are known as "target men" and are usually of above-average height, with good heading ability. They hold the ball up and bring other players into the game, using their body strength to shield the ball while turning to score, and often scoring with the head from crosses. A target man might be asked to play without a strike partner, as a lone forward. Due to their aerial ability, these players are also often called upon to assist the defence when the opposition have a corner, or a free-kick in an advanced position. Some notable "target-man" centre forwards include Didier Drogba, Nikola ?igić, Emmanuel Adebayor and Luca Toni.

A top striker may have the attributes to perform more than one of these roles.

[edit] The second striker: deeper lying attackers

Striker scoresDeep-lying forwards have a long history in the game, but the terminology to describe them has varied over the years. Originally such players were termed inside forwards, or deep-lying centre forwards. More recently, two more variations of this old type of player have developed: the second or support or auxiliary striker and, in what is arguably a distinct position unto its own, being neither midfield nor attack the Number 10, or playmaker, an advanced as opposed to a deep-lying playmaker.

The second striker position is a loosely-defined and often misapplied one somewhere between the out-and-out striker, whether he is a target-man or more of a poacher, and the Number 10 or Trequartista, while possibly showing some of the characteristics of both. In fact a coined term, the "nine-and-a-half" has been an attempt to define the position. Conceivably, a Number 10 can alternate as a second-striker provided that he is also a prolific goalscorer, otherwise a striker (such as Del Piero or Ra?l) who can both score and create opportunities for a less versatile centre forward is more suited. This has been true of a natural trequartista like Roberto Baggio who seldom played in a team formation which permitted him the creative license to play as a number 10 and so he adapted himself to the second-striker role. A second- or support-striker does not tend to get as involved in the orchestration of attacks, nor bring as many other players into play as the Number 10 since they do not have the range of vision, nor the burden of responsibility that the latter, around whom the team's game is built, possess. Accordingly, neither do they have as much responsibility for inventing the game.

No you've got it wrong.

Question: Who thinks they are a footballer but in fact just runs about like a headless chicken

Answer: Jamie Mole

Kingston was the only guy on the park who showed any sign of genuine class, apart from him we are far worse off at the present time than last year and while Csaba does a wonderful job of saying the things that romanov wants the fans to hear, lets wait and see these players that he is bringing in before we get too excited.

oh ah grantona
The centre forward, or an "out-and-out" striker, is normally the principal goal-scorer of a football team. Centre forwards act predominantly as "targets" or the focal point of an attack; it is the duty of the midfield to supply and to assist them to score.

Some centre forwards are goal poachers who tend to stay forward at all times and work in and around the penalty area to snatch goals, and are sometimes referred to proverbially as a "fox in the box". These strikers are known for their positional sense, excellent reflexes and finishing ability. Leading 'fox-in-the-box' players include Klaas-Jan Huntelaar, David Trezeguet, Miroslav Klose, Ruud van Nistelrooy, Yakubu Aiyegbeni, Ra?l, Filippo Inzaghi and Hern?n Crespo.

Other forwards may rely on their pace to latch on balls from outside the six-yard area, playing 'over the shoulder' of the last defender and trying to beat the offside trap. Strikers like Obafemi Martins, Andriy Shevchenko, Samuel Eto'o, Thierry Henry, Fernando Torres, David Villa, and Ronaldo fall into this category.[1]

Some forwards rely on their technical skills to create their own goalscoring opportunities, displaying excellent close control and dribbling ability to pierce through opposition defences. Examples of this type of striker are Alessandro Del Piero, Patrick Kluivert, Dimitar Berbatov, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Francesco Totti.

Another group of centre forwards are known as "target men" and are usually of above-average height, with good heading ability. They hold the ball up and bring other players into the game, using their body strength to shield the ball while turning to score, and often scoring with the head from crosses. A target man might be asked to play without a strike partner, as a lone forward. Due to their aerial ability, these players are also often called upon to assist the defence when the opposition have a corner, or a free-kick in an advanced position. Some notable "target-man" centre forwards include Didier Drogba, Nikola ?igić, Emmanuel Adebayor and Luca Toni.

Striker scoresDeep-lying forwards have a long history in the game, but the terminology to describe them has varied over the years. Originally such players were termed inside forwards, or deep-lying centre forwards. More recently, two more variations of this old type of player have developed: the second or support or auxiliary striker and, in what is arguably a distinct position unto its own, being neither midfield nor attack the Number 10, or playmaker, an advanced as opposed to a deep-lying playmaker.

The second striker position is a loosely-defined and often misapplied one somewhere between the out-and-out striker, whether he is a target-man or more of a poacher, and the Number 10 or Trequartista, while possibly showing some of the characteristics of both. In fact a coined term, the "nine-and-a-half" has been an attempt to define the position. Conceivably, a Number 10 can alternate as a second-striker provided that he is also a prolific goalscorer, otherwise a striker (such as Del Piero or Ra?l) who can both score and create opportunities for a less versatile centre forward is more suited. This has been true of a natural trequartista like Roberto Baggio who seldom played in a team formation which permitted him the creative license to play as a number 10 and so he adapted himself to the second-striker role. A second- or support-striker does not tend to get as involved in the orchestration of attacks, nor bring as many other players into play as the Number 10 since they do not have the range of vision, nor the burden of responsibility that the latter, around whom the team's game is built, possess. Accordingly, neither do they have as much responsibility for inventing the game.

now thats a guy who knows football tell me do you think mole or any other striker poses any one of these assets/striker type the only striker i have hope for at our club is glen the rest just dont cut it

now thats a guy who knows ...

...how to copy and paste from Wiki (which is not the font of all knowledge that it often appears to be and I don't think this was a definitive guide!)

No you've got it wrong.

Question: Who thinks they are a footballer but in fact just runs about like a headless chicken

Answer: Jamie Mole

Kingston was the only guy on the park who showed any sign of genuine class, apart from him we are far worse off at the present time than last year and while Csaba does a wonderful job of saying the things that romanov wants the fans to hear, lets wait and see these players that he is bringing in before we get too excited.

You want to back up your claim of being worse of with tangible facts or do you want to just leave it at stupid statement?

oh ah grantona
Define a strikers role when your playing one up front and you will realise that bar a goal Jamie Mole had a very good game today.

make things happen when you team is attacking to be honest i heard more of dean windass and he is 40 only played 45mins to moles 75 mins from a 22ish year old. If we had to have a lone striker all season because of any issue what you be confident we would get anywhere this season with mole he didnt do enough

Glasgow Jambo

Is Brown a left back? He seems to play the ball with his right foot alot. If that is his position, nice to see a young player use his 'less favoured foot'

Never caught that..could you repeat that again;)

make things happen when you team is attacking to be honest i heard more of dean windass and he is 40 only played 45mins to moles 75 mins from a 22ish year old. If we had to have a lone striker all season because of any issue what you be confident we would get anywhere this season with mole he didnt do enough

Moles holding up the ball in the channels allowed midfielders to hit the box and join the attack, I'd hope not to play the loan striker but if we did each game would be an educating one for mole. The lad is only 19-20. No means the finished article

The only reason you heard anything about Windass was due to him moaning at everything an the comentator bein on his nut sack about it.

I disagree and thought he gave a good account of himself, if he gave the same application as today I would be happy to have mole in the startin line up and if it was 4-5-1 then fair do's

jamboinglasgow
Is Brown a left back? He seems to play the ball with his right foot alot. If that is his position, nice to see a young player use his 'less favoured foot'

he is more a right back but can play comfortably at left back as well.

You want to back up your claim of being worse of with tangible facts or do you want to just leave it at stupid statement?

Surely you haven't succumb to the hype.

We have signed not 1 player who you could guarantee will improve the squad.

We have an influx into the team of academy players who are not yet proven players at SPL level.

We have a manager who is trying to win over the fans by making comments about effort, he's not happy etc anyone with any ****ing brains can see through this ****

When the **** hits the fan I will come back to you my friend with regards to stupid statement

Could you then maybe provide tangible facts to say I am wrong, I would love to hear it!!!!!!!! honestly

Mole is not the answer to our striker shortage. Might try hard but no where near good enough. Next!

Gigolo-Aunt
Mole is not the answer to our striker shortage. Might try hard but no where near good enough. Next!

What did you expect him to do today on his own and working the channels to hold the ball up?

Mole was not in the team to score goals today - he was put there to stretch the Hull back four and make them turn wide - he was also to hold the ball up and bring others in to play.

Mole done his job today. Far from a flashy job it was, but he done it.

Ryan Gosling
he is more a right back but can play comfortably at left back as well.

I've only seen him at left back. He's very good though.

Damn you're on ignore.

:D

Surely you haven't succumb to the hype.

We have signed not 1 player who you could guarantee will improve the squad.

We have an influx into the team of academy players who are not yet proven players at SPL level.

We have a manager who is trying to win over the fans by making comments about effort, he's not happy etc anyone with any ****ing brains can see through this ****

When the **** hits the fan I will come back to you my friend with regards to stupid statement

Could you then maybe provide tangible facts to say I am wrong, I would love to hear it!!!!!!!! honestly

Hype? You see through Laslo ****?? wtf seriously?! Folk like you are so concerned thinking your goin to be gettin hoodwinked that you instantly go for the pessimist, slate everything route. I'll go out on a limbright now and say laslo will be the best thing thats happened to us since Burley joined.

Would you not say that going by todays performance there is a marked improvment in attitude and commitent. Fitness levels seem to be good, every player looks leaner than last year

Oh aye and you never win anything wi kids eh?????

The quality is there, they have to get games at some point. How is this a bad thing??? Mate Id be happy with a striker and a keeper and let the young lads flourish

Come back to me about the comment anytime,

Jamie Mole is not the answer if you listen to Csaba i think he tells you(reading between the lines) that Tulberg will be offered a contract and he will play the Mole role with hopefully an out and out scorer to feed off him.

Charlie-Brown

Johnny Brown is an attacking fullback and can play on the right or left, he is predominantly right footed although his left aint too bad.

Dirk Diggler

Noticed Csaba punch the dugout 4 times in the opening 10 mins.

I think he'll be sent to the stand by half time on Saturday.

Charlie-Brown

The man must have steel knuckles. :)

Guest jambomickey

he's certainly very passionate! the guys been a breath of fresh air since he arrived

hopefully for punching Mhark Mghee :P

scott_jambo
now thats a guy who knows football tell me do you think mole or any other striker poses any one of these assets/striker type the only striker i have hope for at our club is glen the rest just dont cut it

Definitely not copied and pasted from Wikipedia. :rolleyes:

Jamie Mole; how can anybody really judge the strikers at the moment its been very obvious over the last few months that we do not score goals playing with one up front,we do not have a player at Tynie at the moment who can play that roll infact we need somebody who can so to bring the others into play in the penalty box .I think the new Manager was saying so today in his after match interview>I think Jamie Mole is young ,very strong and we are still to see the best of him but we need a 15 to 20 goal a season player who can also hold and create,difficult to find I suggest however lets wait and see what kind of player he signs;for me thats the sign of a good manager.

mole today imo opinion:

yes he ran the channels well and managed to link up with the wide men

but

too many times his first touch isnt good enough and the ball eludes him

too many times he was muscled off the ball with his back to goal

he assumed NO goal threatening positions where i thought he would be able to score

and even if he got in a goal scoring position, from what we have seen (and read from germany) he aint a finisher

Archived