MOM V HULL

Walter Bishop

MOM?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. MOM?

ToadKiller Dog
Zaliukas was terrible today especially in the second half. Windass outjumped him and he's about a foot shorter than him and he was turning him inside out on the ground.

what game were you watching windass was so poor he spent most of his time joking with us in the crowd.

Thompson had his best game for us today against a very physical side well done lad.

Larry, and by some distance...he was smashing today. I've now forgiven him for that slightly dodgy period in the second half of last season...

After seeing what we can do, I'm no longer as worried about our prospects this year...they did well today and while they're still needing a bit more polish (and a few strikers, please), there's definitely the makings of a team that can hold their own in the SPL.

And I'm definitely sticking to my guns when it comes to Audrey, there's a player in there just screaming to get out.

:)

davemclaren
Larry, and by some distance...he was smashing today. I've now forgiven him for that slightly dodgy period in the second half of last season...

After seeing what we can do, I'm no longer as worried about our prospects this year...they did well today and while they're still needing a bit more polish (and a few strikers, please), there's definitely the makings of a team that can hold their own in the SPL.

And I'm definitely sticking to my guns when it comes to Audrey, there's a player in there just screaming to get out.

:)

However, I think that player will continue screaming a la Dante...some nice touches but still not strong enough for the SPL imo.

However, I think that player will continue screaming a la Dante...some nice touches but still not strong enough for the SPL imo.

Well, yes...I get where you're coming from. His age is definitely an issue, he certainly can't use inexperience as an excuse. For that reason, I might be giving him the benefit of the doubt at the moment but it won't last all that long...he has to smarten up quick sharp. We can't afford inconsistency like that when there appears to be so many youngsters coming in....

ToadKiller Dog

Going to give it to thompson ,larry was good but the young lad hit back at the dancing reindeer and others who say he is not good enlough

davemclaren
Well, yes...I get where you're coming from. His age is definitely an issue, he certainly can't use inexperience as an excuse. For that reason, I might be giving him the benefit of the doubt at the moment but it won't last all that long...he has to smarten up quick sharp. We can't afford inconsistency like that when there appears to be so many youngsters coming in....

It's frustrating as he clearly has a lot of ability and in flashes can be quite brilliant. Perhaps he just came to a league where you need consistency and mental strength too late? :confused:

The Old Tolbooth
Kingston by the length of Gorgie. Just watched the rerun of the game at 6pm when I got home from the match, and he was even better on telly than he was live.

Totally agree mate, and your comment during the game about Hull putting in an offer for him might not be far off the mark, hopefully they wont though because if we keep Kingston in that kind of mood for games then it's like having a new signing already.

portobellojambo1

I don't take an awful lot from friendlies, and went along today just to see what might be in store come season's KO next week. It is difficult to gauge how players will fair once the competitive edge comes into fixtures, but I thought Kingston done well (for some reason today I kept saying to myself "he is winning a lot of balls in the air") but the one area I noticed a marked improvement was at right back, Jason Thomson did nothing wrong, and the ball stayed in play a lot longer than normal, so based on that I will now go and vote for him. (I also thought Mole did a lot of running (needs to tighten up on his ball control though) but our lack of an out and out goalscorer remained rather obvious).

gashauskis9
As long as English clubs stay away after watching him!

Saw Roy Hodgson on Gorgie Rd after the game. Wonder if he is on Fulham's radar or whether he was just checking Hull out?

I think Kingston was the best player, but I actually voted Stewart as I thought he looked the most improved on last season.

Does that make sense?...

Saw Roy Hodgson on Gorgie Rd after the game. Wonder if he is on Fulham's radar or whether he was just checking Hull out?

Just watching Hull mate, that's their opening fixture

Larry was MOM for me by a mile. About the rest, some had better games than others, but Hull looked poor and didnt test us like I thought they would. Motherwell next week will be totally different.

Larry by a country mile!

MS was his usual self - running hundreds of miles on the pitch, chasing the ball but not doing much with it...

joe.gausden

Larry was head and shoulders above everyone on the park. Badly needing at least one new striker!!

davemclaren

It's still my opinion of Audrey. :P

Archived