codheids follow united

smike1874

Seems like an awful lot of farting about to me when they could have just told them to FO in the first place.

Probably just didn't have the balls to do it.

Surrey Jambo

Interestingly, on followfollow.com, the fans are not happy. Calling Bain a money grabber as a result of the price increase for the Aberdeen game and threatening to boycott the Dundee Utd one.

Meanwhile, on Kerrydale Street, responses range from embarassed, angry, ripped off, all the way down to eff the Arabs. Apparently DUFC charge ?6 admin instead of ?2 from Celtic.

Maybe action by their own fans will make the OF back down. They're the ones who are going to suffer.

This was never about money but about the OF wanting to abdicate any responsibility for their fans when they indulge in a bigotfest/IRAfest ate away grounds.

I don't agree with that Colonel. It's yet another manifestation of OF greed and making sure the others "know their place".

Neither of them have ever been picked up for a "bigotfest/IRAfest" in the past and there's no reason why they should be worried about it now. If anything, the threat of sanctions (not that it was ever real) has faded into the background.

The way I read it is different. SPL rules forbid charging away fans more than home fans for the same seats. BUT if Aberdeen put all the OF fans in one stand then they can price differentiate to their heart's content. So the OF fans pay extra for their tickets and Aberdeen get the same money as before. Therefore OF fans pay their clubs for the admin charge.

When Aberdeen play in Glasgow, the OF can't charge them more unless they give them a whole stand.

So the only people who lose out are the OF fans. Their clubs are charging them more for the pleasure of watching their teams play away.

I see it now, thanks!

I would say that giving the Glasgow two a whole stand would be counter productive, I am not sure but do Aberdeen normally give them a whole stand?

Having said that, this is on the BBC website...

As a way of compensating their own fans for paying extra, Aberdeen say that any fan who pays more for an Old Firm match can claim a ?1 discount for a non-Old Firm match as long as they do so within two matches.

Boab Mugabe
I don't agree with that Colonel. It's yet another manifestation of OF greed and making sure the others "know their place".

Neither of them have ever been picked up for a "bigotfest/IRAfest" in the past and there's no reason why they should be worried about it now. If anything, the threat of sanctions (not that it was ever real) has faded into the background.

The GFA were never going to take action. Even now that certain 'add ons' have been dropped from songs and there's nothing that can be classed as overtly sectarian sung at games now, it's impossible to hit.

A usual failed attempt from the McConnell government, which was so one sided in its barrage against Rangers it was beyond parody.

Westendorfer
So much for coddy claims that they "stand free". Spineless, bottling bar stewards. :mad:

In the light of today's news, what an embarassing quote.:untitled:

Best to engage the brain before opening one's mouth methinks.

I see it now, thanks!

I would say that giving the Glasgow two a whole stand would be counter productive, I am not sure but do Aberdeen normally give them a whole stand?

Having said that, this is on the BBC website...

No, Aberdeen give them only half the South Stand. But they can't charge OF fans more than home fans in the same stand, so they're charging EVERYONE in the SS(OF and Dons fans) the same (i.e. a pound extra). However, Dons fans then get a pound off their next home game, so things are evened out...

It's a pretty clever ploy. Makes sure those Dons fans go back to get their pounds!:o

Ibrahim Tall

Aberdeen's going to make the same amount of cash as they have before while the OF will make an extra few grand. Kudos Milne/Miller you really told them. :rolleyes:

Aberdeen's going to make the same amount of cash as they have before while the OF will make an extra few grand. Kudos Milne/Miller you really told them. :rolleyes:

Fair point...but I reckon the Dons may be playing the Old S c u m off against their own fans, coz they're the only ones who will lose out in this scenario...let's see how long it takes before fan pressure gets to the two boards.

nice to see aberdeen standing there ground when it comes to 5% levy for old firm. "it's not about money it's about security" MY ERSE

going back to the start I think that it really is a security issue.

I am impressed with the line that Aberdeen have taken on this issue. They are after all shrewd with money shall we say and have not only turned it to their advantage financially but are protecting themselves in a security sense.

Rangers will be responsible for the behaviour of recipients of their tickets.

Falkirk may well get a bit of a shock on Saturday if the "Rangers" fans who have bought tickets from Falkirk misbehave in anyway shape or form.

The official Rangers response will be that as they had no control over who purchased the tickets it is not their fault and cannot be held to account for the "Rangers" fans actions.

The party line will likely be that it was all caused by Chelsea Headhunters because their season has not started yet and they wanted to carry on where they left off in Manchester.

Drylaw Hearts

Correct.

The rich just keep getting richer.

Romanov Stole My Pension

I think Aberdeen have made a really good decision, hurting the OF fans because of their own clubs wrongdoing, sounds great.

For Hearts I think the best thing to do is just sell the tickets ourselves. We already charge the home fans ?3.50 per ticket so charging each of the OF supporters that money will just earn us a little more.

Also if we can make sure we have the details of every supporter it will be nice to either hand to the police after they spout their bile or just send them lots of junkmail:-)

The major thing that would p!ss off the OF supporters though would be if the season ticket holders missed out on tickets and any random got them. That's the most important part to get some kind of revenge.

So lets see.

Aberdeen agree to pay the 5% thus giving in to the Old Firm. They charge one extra pound which will see them recoup losses, but they STILL have pandered to the OF.

Aye, well done boys.

So lets see.

Aberdeen agree to pay the 5% thus giving in to the Old Firm. They charge one extra pound which will see them recoup losses, but they STILL have pandered to the OF.

Aye, well done boys.

Aberdeen don't lose out, Aberdeen fans don't lose out, Rangers win ultimately but the Rangers fans are the losers. Its about as good a secanrio as is possible given the demands by both the OF and the serious security risk that Rangers fans would create playing at Pittodrie if anyone could go and buy a ticket. Martin Bain will be raging, so they haven't exactly pandered to them.

Aberdeen don't lose out, Aberdeen fans don't lose out, Rangers win ultimately but the Rangers fans are the losers. Its about as good a secanrio as is possible given the demands by both the OF and the serious security risk that Rangers fans would create playing at Pittodrie if anyone could go and buy a ticket. Martin Bain will be raging, so they haven't exactly pandered to them.

Its not about the money here, it's about standing up to these w*nkers.

Aberdeen are giving in to a completely ridiculous demand from the Old Firm, thur taking away the possibility of a united front against the OF.

Once again, well done boys.

Maybe Martin Bain will rub your belly too.

Its not about the money here, it's about standing up to these w*nkers.

Aberdeen are giving in to a completely ridiculous demand from the Old Firm, thur taking away the possibility of a united front against the OF.

Once again, well done boys.

Maybe Martin Bain will rub your belly too.

How would you have solved the problem then? Allow Rangers fans to indiscriminantly buy away tickets for a game with their second most bitter rivals? After Manchester?

Aberdeen's objection was that Rangers were forcing money out of their own coffers. Now, no money is being forced out of their coffers. After that who cares? Rangers fans are just as much **** and Rangers themselves, let them have a disagreement about it. I hope Hearts wash their hands of this in the same way.

How would you have solved the problem then? Allow Rangers fans to indiscriminantly buy away tickets for a game with their second most bitter rivals? After Manchester?

Aberdeen's objection was that Rangers were forcing money out of their own coffers. Now, no money is being forced out of their coffers. After that who cares? Rangers fans are just as much **** and Rangers themselves, let them have a disagreement about it. I hope Hearts wash their hands of this in the same way.

I would have told them both to stick it. For too long they have been bullying the rest of the SPL by nicking players from other SPL teams for a pittance, dodgy penalties and red cards forgotten.

If Aberdeen dropped the price of OF games by, say, a fiver, they'd rake in a lot of extra cash from home fans with less tickets sold to the OF fans. that, without a 5% handling charge.

Aberdeen have essentially said "Oh, you want money from us when you don't deserve it and probably won't extend the same to us? OK, but we're going to raise the price of a ticket by ?1."

They have bent over and invited the OF on.

I would have told them both to stick it. For too long they have been bullying the rest of the SPL by nicking players from other SPL teams for a pittance, dodgy penalties and red cards forgotten.

If Aberdeen dropped the price of OF games by, say, a fiver, they'd rake in a lot of extra cash from home fans with less tickets sold to the OF fans. that, without a 5% handling charge.

Aberdeen have essentially said "Oh, you want money from us when you don't deserve it and probably won't extend the same to us? OK, but we're going to raise the price of a ticket by ?1."

They have bent over and invited the OF on.

That's a fair point. I think everyone would prefer to see at most a handful of OF supporters in their own grounds. Problem is they guarantee ticket sales and when Aberdeen are having a poor season there is a lot of space to fill and the same goes for the rest of us. One of the biggest obstacles to a 16 or 18 team SPL is that the diddy teams don't want to give up any home games against the OF because of the guaranteed income from the away fans. In an ideal world you'd be spot on but I don't think any of the smaller clubs has the balls to try it. Each club has to maximise their income from every match, and that usually means selling a decent chunk to the OF.

Let Rangers fight it out with their fans. The OF now know that if they make similar demands the other clubs will find ways of making OF fans foot the bill. No skin off our noses.

It seems logical to assume that the beaks at celtic and rangers knew fine well that ultimately the costs of their latest money making scheme would be handed on to their own fans.The way i now see it is 1,we tell them to F O and sell the tickets ourselves, 2,do what aberdeen have done and pass the costs back to the O F.Let the great unwashed foot the bill :)

The way i see it is Aberdeen have made security of OF fans the responsibility of rangers and celtic at the same time the cost is passed on to their fans.ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT. THEY WILL BE ****ED.

Dundee Utd reportedly caved in as Celtic said they'd take no away fan's tickets. I'd love Vlad to say GTF yous are getting no away tickets if yous want 5% handling fee.

Guest Dipped Flake

At first I was really disappointed in Aberdeen for caving in but, after reading the details, think it has been a masterstroke by them. They gain a wee bit of money by charging rangers 5% for selling ibrox tickets to the dons fans while the ?1 extra covers their 5% levy for the home games. Meanwhile, the only losers in all this are the hun fans, just to add to their pain over getting humped by our reserves.

I’d hope that Hearts would restrict the OF allocation to as low a number as it required within the rules, then sell those tickets directly to the OF, with any associated ‘admin fees’ going straight to Hearts.

If however Hearts were ever to consider the Aaaaaerdeen model (which I recognise gives the OF what they want, but penalises the OF fans) I’d much prefer Hearts to adjust the admin fee to something along the lines of ?7.00 per ticket (which would be reasonable given the divide required to separate the fans and the subsequent loss of sale of those seats in the divided area). This would be applied to all fans (Hearts and OF) in the Roseburn, with any returning Hearts fans getting ?7.00 off their admission to the next Hearts game.

Guest JamboRobbo
I’d hope that Hearts would restrict the OF allocation to as low a number as it required within the rules, then sell those tickets directly to the OF, with any associated ‘admin fees’ going straight to Hearts.

John, we only need to provide tickets to Rangers or Celtic, not their fans. If we turn down their 5% "offer", and Rangers or Celtic refuse to take tickets from us, then we can just say "fine, your fans don't get any tickets then".

We are NOT obliged to sell to OF fans, just to provide an allocation to their club.

I think we should give the OF enough rope to hang themselves with their own fans here. Their fans would be raging if they got no tickets due to their own club refusing to take them.

If we want a bit of nice publicity, we could even dish out any spare tickets for free to local schoolkids......just to show it's about the principle, not the money.....

John, we only need to provide tickets to Rangers or Celtic, not their fans. If we turn down their 5% "offer", and Rangers or Celtic refuse to take tickets from us, then we can just say "fine, your fans don't get any tickets then".

We are NOT obliged to sell to OF fans, just to provide an allocation to their club.

I think we should give the OF enough rope to hang themselves with their own fans here. Their fans would be raging if they got no tickets due to their own club refusing to take them.

If we want a bit of nice publicity, we could even dish out any spare tickets for free to local schoolkids......just to show it's about the principle, not the money.....

Agreed. It must be one of their biggest away matches of the season, especially for Celtic. And if we can score a bit of good PR, then perfect.

I don't see why everyone can't do the same? If its a matter of revenue, why not sell to Old Firm fans directly if they refuse to take the allocation?

I once went to a Wolves away game at Crystal Palace (I've no idea why) and bought a ticket for the away end on the door...

I have to say JamboRobbo, with respect, this is one of your better posts - well said.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Indeed. We also have the benefit of playing the gruesomes at home last in the first 11 fixtures so we can see how it is panning out for everyone else.

Still something fishy about this though ?

As you say, there is a good chance their own fans will suffer with their loyalty schemes probably going all to **** or perhaps even getting no tickets at all !

Surely a dangerous game to play, or did they really expect us just to bend over and take it right up the Y axis

Just to jump on the praise for this post - totally agree with what you say JamboRobbo. Let's throw this open to show how pathetic their penny pinching ideas really are. I know HMFC are unlikely to give in to these demands (the Mad one could never allow it) but I do fear for some clubs if they accept 5% today - this could very soon be 20% next season.

Agreed.

I stated this on the other thread and have not seen a better option than this yet. Good shout about the free tickets as well, that would stuff it right up them. :)

Daydream Believer
So lets see.

Aye, well done boys.

I think this misses the point though. The OF wanted 1 of 2 things: Either

a - They make 5% from Aberdeen (not their own fans)

or

b - They abdicate responsibility for their fans behaviour.

It must have looked like win/win for them.

By doing this aberdeen have left them responsibility for their fans and not given them a penny. All the OF have achieved is to charge their own supporters an extra quid for away games.

Francis Albert

The Record headline on this story "Dons in Old Firm Ticket Sting" suggested Aberdeen were the source of the problem. "Stingers stung" would have been shorter and more to the point.

Well done Aberdeen.

I think this misses the point though. The OF wanted 1 of 2 things: Either

a - They make 5% from Aberdeen (not their own fans)

or

b - They abdicate responsibility for their fans behaviour.

It must have looked like win/win for them.

By doing this aberdeen have left them responsibility for their fans and not given them a penny. All the OF have achieved is to charge their own supporters an extra quid for away games.

Rangers will still get the 5% though. Their fans will be paying it to them though instead of Aberdeen.

Its weird how Rangers and Celtic seem to hate each other so much, but when theres money to be made, their policies are exactly the same.

Glad to see Codheids have upped the entry fee by a ?1.

OFGTF

They should have put them up by at least ?10 with a ?10 refund to the home fans for non-OF games, to ram it right up them.

Looks as though Falkirk had no problems after refusing to give Rangers the 5% fee they wanted for selling tickets.

Falkirk with no real hardship managed to sell tickets to and accomodate Rangers fans without any reported problems.

I wonder what it is that makes Utd feel they can't do likewise.

Archived