codheids follow united

smike1874

nice to see aberdeen standing there ground when it comes to 5% levy for old firm. "it's not about money it's about security" MY ERSE

Pants Shaton

Unlike Hearts, who only sell the animals 2000 tickets, Dundee Utd and Aberdeen genuinely rely on Old Firm fans to inflate their average attendances and give them 6000 - 7000 tickets.

Diddy clubs.

jackjambo22
nice to see aberdeen standing there ground when it comes to 5% levy for old firm. "it's not about money it's about security" MY ERSE

So true Smike

At least they could have called their bluff but no

That's the reason the OF swagger about bullying in their unique arrogant style when you have gutless clubs like Aberdeen

I think the OF were just testing the water and cant believe their luck that two of the bigger teams buckled so quickly :mad:

It annoys me so much the bad press we got for uppin our prices and these extorsion merchants havent so much as had a sniff of a ragin headline. They only place Ive seen it mentioned negativley towards these pimps is on Tam Cowans coloum. Fair play to the fat Motherwell d**k

So much for coddy claims that they "stand free". Spineless, bottling bar stewards. :mad:

This is why we should say stuff them

and why Rangers/Celtic fans are even more stupid than we think if they allow this to happen.

As stated below the architect of the whole business had the cheek to phone Falkirk so the 'FRIENDS' of the club ie the corporate hangers on and those in favour with the ticket office could have a chance of getting tickets -- are they being charged a premium ?

Their own club is cutting down the chances of the ordinary fan getting a ticket even more to look after their own self interests.

'PS. Brazen Bain still phoned Falkirk to ask for 500 tickets for his, ahem, special fans.'

AS REPORTED IN TODAYS SUNDAY MAIL

They money that is important to the sheep and DU must be equally important to Falkirk - however they at least have the balls to stand up.

The OF fans are like rats who follow the pied piper so they could easily have come up with a system to sell the tickets directly using travel clubs etc and not lost revenue.

Unless both of them have put a tenner on to the price of a ticket to screw the pair of them they are spinless

To be honest, the OF should be carpeted for this, but they won't. The current system means that thay can have a handle on who gets hands on their tickets. Now if we, and the other teams who stand up to them, sell them ourselves, then any of their bams can get hold of tickets.

You watch, the minute any trouble happens, they'll claim it was because we did not let them sell their tickets.

rossthejambo
They money that is important to the sheep and DU must be equally important to Falkirk - however they at least have the balls to stand up.

The OF fans are like rats who follow the pied piper so they could easily have come up with a system to sell the tickets directly using travel clubs etc and not lost revenue.

Unless both of them have put a tenner on to the price of a ticket to screw the pair of them they are spinless

thats what i was about to say. if falkirk can manage without paying the extra 5% then why the hell cant aberdeen and dundee utd? altho to be fair to utd celtic more or less threatened them, which IMO was bang out of order although not surprising.

the OF are completely out of order with this request but as usual the spl cave in and give them what they want. i think falkirk have proven that it is easy enough to sell the tickets themselves and make the money without giving them their extra money. hopefully falkirk will show the likes of hamilton, killie and ICT that it is very much achievable

How typical of the Dollies and the Dundonian tramps..

They should be ashamed of themselves for selling everyone down the river.

Sheeitebags.

How typical of the Dollies and the Dundonian tramps..

They should be ashamed of themselves for selling everyone down the river.

Sheeitebags.

Well the DUFC spokesman reckoned there was going to be a meeting of at least a half dozen other SPL clubs so I hope this isn't the best they could come up with ?

As I keep on saying, I reckon they're up to something more sinister here than just clawing back a few grand over a season ?

IMO though, it would have been a great opportunity to take them all the way and see what the OFs own fans would make of it !

If they had refused to take any tickets for Tannadice then that to me alters the status quo on allocations full stop. United would then have been fully entitled to assume Celtic no longer wished to receive any tickets .........and simply offer them diddly squat for future matches ?

Unlike Hearts, who only sell the animals 2000 tickets, Dundee Utd and Aberdeen genuinely rely on Old Firm fans to inflate their average attendances and give them 6000 - 7000 tickets.

Diddy clubs.

maybe united give them 4k-5k but the sheep certainly don't so why defend them!

Pants Shaton

I wasn't defending them - merely pointing out they're diddy clubs who are reliant on the OF to inflate their crowds.

So both the Dundonian Manks and the Codheids have caved in now.

Who's still, ahem, 'Standing free' ? Hearts, Kilmarnock & Falkirk?

I know there is a rule against charging visiting fans more than home fans as the Pars got done for it, but surely there is the possibility of charging the OF fans an extra 5% and calling it an "Administration fee" then telling the dirty so and so's to take any gripes up with their own club as that is who is levying it?

Era Macaroons

i was also Shocked to see Aberdeen bend over for the OF....pure sh...ite. What are they playing at? ....tell them to FO....when clubs like Aberdeen and Drugs Utd cant stand up ....(the NEW FIRM??????) the whole league is in trouble.

The Old Tolbooth

I could see the sheeps point if they wanted to give a much larger allocation to them to make more from it seeing as they have a pethetic home support, however they herd them into that little corner and give them the same amount of tickets as ourselves, or Hibs, and stand to actually lose from it.

Spinless bassas!!

Era Macaroons
I could see the sheeps point if they wanted to give a much larger allocation to them to make more from it seeing as they have a pethetic home support, however they herd them into that little corner and give them the same amount of tickets as ourselves, or Hibs, and stand to actually lose from it.

Spinless bassas!!

i think your right in the sense that the so called new firm totally struggle to gather home fans....so have to make other plans....what has Hibs response been to this situ? have they said wot they are doing?

WP Falkirk btw....taking no sh.it.

The Old Tolbooth
i think your right in the sense that the so called new firm totally struggle to gather home fans....so have to make other plans....what has Hibs response been to this situ? have they said wot they are doing?

WP Falkirk btw....taking no sh.it.

As far as I know Hibs are taking the same stance as ourselves and Falkirk and going to sell tickets direct from their own ground to old firm fans.

To be honest, Hearts, Hibs and Falkirk don't need to bow to them as they know that they will most likely be sell outs anyway, Hearts and Hibs because we have big enough supports to gain enough interest to sell out old firm visits these days, and Falkirk because they only have 2 stands.

It would be interesting to see what stance Falkirk would take if they had 4 stands surrounding their pitch that they needed to fill, something tells me they wouldn't be so quick to tell the OF where to stick it. :rolleyes:

Era Macaroons
As far as I know Hibs are taking the same stance as ourselves and Falkirk and going to sell tickets direct from their own ground to old firm fans.

To be honest, Hearts, Hibs and Falkirk don't need to bow to them as they know that they will most likely be sell outs anyway, Hearts and Hibs because we have big enough supports to gain enough interest to sell out old firm visits these days, and Falkirk because they only have 2 stands.

It would be interesting to see what stance Falkirk would take if they had 4 stands surrounding their pitch that they needed to fill, something tells me they wouldn't be so quick to tell the OF where to stick it. :rolleyes:

I can mib excuse D Utd as short notice (and theyve said they will review things after 1st game v tic tacs)

However the rest....that have been relying on OF support to survive need to take a good close look at themselves.

I am convinced a good Drugs Utd team would sell out against Hobos

A good Aberdeen team would sell out against Hearts and others....us ..the football fans...arent all waiting for wej teams to come along.

tell them to beat it...give them no tickets.

Boab Mugabe

This is why it's up to us to challenge the OF.

The thing is, it's in the other clubs' interest to have as many OF fans as possible to keep them afloat. Therefore, they need a successful OF.

The diddy clubs are every bit as responsible for the crooked game we have up here. They may moan from time to time about it, but the fact is that they secretly like the status quo as it takes away the burden of needing to be ambitious and successful. It also goes along way to explaining the unbelievable hatred we received from them all during the 05/06 season for the terrible crime of showing some ambition.

Bunch of glorified satellite OF supporters' clubs is what they are. :mad:

Sydney from Sydney

If the OF can guarantee security by charginh 5% for the sale of tickets then we should simply add 5% to the ticket price and tell them to get on with it.

Geoff Kilpatrick
This is why it's up to us to challenge the OF.

The thing is, it's in the other clubs' interest to have as many OF fans as possible to keep them afloat. Therefore, they need a successful OF.

The diddy clubs are every bit as responsible for the crooked game we have up here. They may moan from time to time about it, but the fact is that they secretly like the status quo as it takes away the burden of needing to be ambitious and successful. It also goes along way to explaining the unbelievable hatred we received from them all during the 05/06 season for the terrible crime of showing some ambition.

Bunch of glorified satellite OF supporters' clubs is what they are. :mad:

Correct!

The old firm would have had to back down if the spinless halfwits had stood together.If they cant decide who gets the tickets there is a greater chance that more of their ****my bigots will be at the games singing song they shouldnt thus getting the both of them into bother(allegedly).

If more of the spl teams cave in how long before they charge 10%.:(

The old firm would have had to back down if the spinless halfwits had stood together.If they cant decide who gets the tickets there is a greater chance that more of their ****my bigots will be at the games singing song they shouldnt thus getting the both of them into bother(allegedly).

If more of the spl teams cave in how long before they charge 10%.:(

That's the real problem too many complete bottlers in boardrooms all over Scotland when it comes to dealing with the Old Firm.

As far as we are concerned I hope that we reduce the number of tickets made available to their support and insist that we sell the tickets to their supporters from our ticket office on a predetermined day - and they can only purchase one if they produce a season ticket for their club (full details noted by our staff before the sale is made) - only one ticket sold per person. That way we would control who gets these tickets and mightily heave off their supporters for having come through to Edinburgh to get tickets. I'm sure that as this would affect the ticketing pecking order inside these clubs, those that miss out on these games would start to give Celtic/Rangers boards a real ear bashing and normal service would be resumed quickly.

If every club did this the Old firm would get the mseesage very quickly.

Gigolo-Aunt

Again a chance for SPL clubs to stick together and show unity against the OF.

Just out of interest....

Is this a fixed term for x amount of seasons, or can the OF raise the % (for example) next season?

Its been a long time baby

Is it true that celtic wouldnt take any tickets at all if DU didnt cave in? DU really should have stood up for theirselves just this once as I would think the celtic fans (any fans) would be raging that they cant go to a game because of their own clubs greed!

Is it true that celtic wouldnt take any tickets at all if DU didnt cave in? DU really should have stood up for theirselves just this once as I would think the celtic fans (any fans) would be raging that they cant go to a game because of their own clubs greed!

They refused to take any if DU didnt agree . DU gave a % to the **** and also sold a % of away ticks themselves via phone sales.The vermin got upset as they had pay a ?1.50 admin charge and give full name and address details to DU.

DU is one the grounds the **** enjoy going to as they get no problems from sitting in home end.

The sheep DO give the OF about 4k tickets. They give them more of the South stand than when they play any other team. Anyway, they're a bunch of spineless

Aberdeen FC have denied agreeing to the fee , but admit to a meeting in the future with Rangers.....

in other words the contracts arnt signed yet :(

joe.gausden

surely it would be easy to obtain contact details for both the bigot brothers supporters clubs and contact them direct via letter, email etc and take block bookings from them. i fear ourselves and Flakirk will be the only ones to stick two fingers up at them.

You watch, the minute any trouble happens, they'll claim it was because we did not let them sell their tickets.

They'll probably blame it on Chelsea casuals.

merseyjambo

Aberdeen talked a good game a few years ago when the rest of the SPL could have held a dagger to the throat of the OF about gate money by telling them to go Foxtrot Oscar and play in a league of their own.

Yet as soon as the OF fed them a few more scraps from the table, they surrendered quicker than the Italian army.

They are full of bs and are living in the 80s still

Hagar the Horrible

Apparently they have grown a set now, as on their website they have denied caving in, instead they are only holding discussions? Tell them where to go wiggy!!!!:eek:

Why can't someone put forward a motion to the SPL that a floating fund is available where clubs can make claims where they are being directly 'fleeced' by fellow member clubs and outwith the spirit of fair play. So if you pay the levy, you get compensated, if you don't then you pass your own costs (inc actual reduction in income if you don't get an anticipated sell out.)

The OF are using bully boy tactics. The best I'm hoping for is that while some of the teams appear to be caving in, there is a lot of negotiating going on in the background among the other ten.

We really should just be telling this disgusting pair of buckfast swirling smelly bassas that if they don't want to sell the tickets there will be none allocated to either of them

If tthey dont want the tickets I would give them away free to school kids and encourage them to support other teams rather than the OF.

Looks like Aberdeen have got round the problem by giving them all of the South Stand and charging ?1 extra per seat. Of course, that only works if they get the whole stand. And they want 5% of sales of their away games in Glasgow.

http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/775733?UserKey=0

Let me get this right, in an effort to safeguard the club, they are charging Aberdeen fans more for tickets? And ensuring that Aberdeen fans pay more when they go to Glasgow for games?

Am I reading that correctly? If so then Aberdeen have fecked over their own.

The deal is, that the South Stand tickets will be ?1 more expensive for Category A games (Rangers and Celtic only).

The ?1 can then be redeemed against a category B game.

Effectively Hun and Whore FC fans will have to pay the 5%. Everyones a winner except the OF fans and some AFC fans that can only be ersed to go to the "big" games.

AFC was quite explicit that it would charge the OF 5% but no-one else for distribution of tickets to our fans.

Surrey Jambo
Let me get this right, in an effort to safeguard the club, they are charging Aberdeen fans more for tickets? And ensuring that Aberdeen fans pay more when they go to Glasgow for games?

Am I reading that correctly? If so then Aberdeen have fecked over their own.

The way I read it is different. SPL rules forbid charging away fans more than home fans for the same seats. BUT if Aberdeen put all the OF fans in one stand then they can price differentiate to their heart's content. So the OF fans pay extra for their tickets and Aberdeen get the same money as before. Therefore OF fans pay their clubs for the admin charge.

When Aberdeen play in Glasgow, the OF can't charge them more unless they give them a whole stand.

So the only people who lose out are the OF fans. Their clubs are charging them more for the pleasure of watching their teams play away.

Geoff Kilpatrick
The deal is, that the South Stand tickets will be ?1 more expensive for Category A games (Rangers and Celtic only).

The ?1 can then be redeemed against a category B game.

Effectively Hun and Whore FC fans will have to pay the 5%. Everyones a winner except the OF fans and some AFC fans that can only be ersed to go to the "big" games.

AFC was quite explicit that it would charge the OF 5% but no-one else for distribution of tickets to our fans.

That's shocking! Bain will be "incredulous"! :rolleyes:

Aberdeen have played a blinder on this.

Not only have they pushed the 5% back onto the OF fans, they've also added a small incitement to "glory hunters" to go to a category B game.

The bit I've liked best is, that they've made it clear to the bigot brothers that they want a reciprocal 5% from them (and explicitly only them) in order to handle distribution of tickets to AFC fans for games at the Tattiedome and the Govan Shytyard.

Hun and Whore FC's will now have to either swallow the 5% or change the pricing for their much larger stands ;):P:dribble:

Well done to the gruesome twosome, I say.

Yours

aDONis

knock a couple of quid of the tickets and maybe utd and dons would sell out against hearts and hibs.

It has to be said, well done Aberdeen FC. Genius on their part, and if the rest of the SPL follow suit then we can consider this a victory for the decent small clubs fighting for their living.

GIRUYOF

Colonel Kurtz
It has to be said, well done Aberdeen FC. Genius on their part, and if the rest of the SPL follow suit then we can consider this a victory for the decent small clubs fighting for their living.

GIRUYOF

i agree,well done Aberdeen.

This was never about money but about the OF wanting to abdicate any responsibility for their fans when they indulge in a bigotfest/IRAfest ate away grounds.

Dundee Utd should have done the same,and so should we and out manouvre them.

Done them up like a kipper there :dribble:

I was disappointed in this pair of 'cavers' at first but that's a stonking reposte :P

Not sure why United didnt try it though :wacko:

Archived