Birth of Scotland's new politics?

A Boy Named Crow

A Boy Named Crow

http://www.sundayherald.co.uk/news/heraldnews/display.var.2416221.0.0.php

If this goes ahead I think it would be the end of the union. I'll bet there are plenty of Labour people in Scotland who are nationalists (small n), but for the sake of their political careers must follow the unionist rhetoric that comes from Westminster. If nothing more, a civil war never wins elections!

The way I see it, this is the start of the new political landscape after we leave the union. There will be a left and a right (it's just the way) and it looks like the Labour members in Scotland are positioning themselves (maybe not knowingly, or willingly).

That's just my uber optimistic Scottish nationalist take on it. My original pesimistic stance was that in doing this Labour would be playing the only game that could possibly reel in the SNP.

I prefer the optimistic JamboN to be honest!

Unfortunately I doubt McCabe's sincerity. I don't disagree with what he says, but if you read Iain gray's ludicrous rant last week, as his idea of starting a campaign to eventually be First Minister of Scotland, you see the true divisive Labour and Unionist mindset. I suspect this has been stage managed with McCabe assured he will be well looked after in the future for going off messgae. Corrupt is the only behaviour the Unionists can cope with.

I think McCabe makes very valid points.

New Labour in Scotland is a dieing old animal. It needs put out of its misery. What replaces it will be interesting. The opportunity is there to be taken, however I can't see it happening. It will be the same old, same old from them.

The main winners here will be the SNP, who may go on to win the next Holyrood elections outright.

I think McCabe makes very valid points.

He does indeed. And the petty, completely illogical comment from John Robertson MP at the end of the article proves his point. Labour is in freefall and thoroughly deserves to be.

The Herald did five pages on the Labour crisis yesterday. Included were comments from the Kerr camp about "not going back to the ****ing caves" with Jamieson as party leader. It seems that there is at last some recognition that the best Labour's Central Belt mafia have to offer is a continuation of their attempt to turn Scotland into some latter-day Belarus.

Archived