winston churchill

I'd hang off gloating until we beat that tomorrow.

I was just about to post that. Surely we haven't fallen to the level of gloating about having a bigger crowd at a friendly? I couldn't care less how many fans were at the Hibs game today.

Darth Ewing

6325 realley???? I must be going blind because I couldnt see that may hibs fans from the middlesbrough end.

winston churchill
I'd hang off gloating until we beat that tomorrow.

but our games on a sunday and live on the telly.

Only a Game
but our games on a sunday and live on the telly.

I would normally have gone tomorrow but we havent signed any new players and I've seen all the ones we have. Also I'm not terribly interested in seeing anyone Hull City have to offer.

So I'll be watching on telly.

I reckon we'll struggle to beat 6325, however I think we'll sign player(s) this week and we'll be full (or therabouts) on Saturday. Hibernian FC will have to wait till they play us or the OF to be full this season.

MacDonald Jardine
]I would normally have gone tomorrow but we havent signed any new players and I've seen all the ones we have. Also I'm not terribly interested in seeing anyone Hull City have to offer.[/b]

I reckon we'll struggle to beat 6325' date=' however I think we'll sign player(s) this week and we'll be full (or therabouts) on Saturday. Hibernian FC will have to wait till they play us or the OF to be full this season.[/quote']

Take it you won't be there next week either unless we make some signings?

simplesimon

I'm with him.

Friendlys are crap unless there are new players in your side or players you want to watch in the opposition such as Ronaldinho or Gazza.

I've got my season ticket and am looking forward to the Motherwell game but I will be watching tomrrow's game on TV.

Only a Game
Take it you won't be there next week either unless we make some signings?

No Ive got a season ticket and I'll be there. I just dont see the need to spend ?15 on something I can see on the telly and that doesnt mean a whole lot.

tartofmidlothian
todays crowd at the hoofball areana,and half of them were wannabe geordies

Phew! Thought it was our new formation for a minute! ;)

portobellojambo1
No Ive got a season ticket and I'll be there. I just dont see the need to spend ?15 on something I can see on the telly and that doesnt mean a whole lot.

Today's game is ?12 for S/T holders OaG. I am not a great fan of friendlies, in fact I cannot be bothered with them, football is all about competition, and when you take the competitive edge out of it you lose a lot from an entertainment point of view (as per friendlies), however I bought a ticket for today's game. The fact that it is on Setanta, and the fact that it is p i s s i n g down with rain could combine to give us a smaller crowd than that at ER yesterday.

WeeToonJambo

I'm with you on this one.

Dirk Diggler

I'm going to pop along.

Was in two minds, but seeing as there's a cash turnstile in operation, I've decided to go for it, If only to abuse Dean Windass.

Guest JamboRobbo
I would normally have gone tomorrow but we havent signed any new players and I've seen all the ones we have. Also I'm not terribly interested in seeing anyone Hull City have to offer.

Same here.

Thinking the same myself. The rain as made pretty made my mind up to watch it on the box. I said a good few weeks ago that the time to judge the squad was this game. I am staggered that we have not made any signings. :confused:

Today's game is ?12 for S/T holders OaG. I am not a great fan of friendlies, in fact I cannot be bothered with them, football is all about competition, and when you take the competitive edge out of it you lose a lot from an entertainment point of view (as per friendlies), however I bought a ticket for today's game. The fact that it is on Setanta, and the fact that it is p i s s i n g down with rain could combine to give us a smaller crowd than that at ER yesterday.

Agreed Iain.

I have been boycotting friendlies for a long time, a waste of cash for much of the reasons that Iain mention but largely the competition. When I go to a game it is generally hating the opposition and wanting to hammer them (or hurt them) that makes it fun for me!

Telly for me.

asomerville
todays crowd at the hoofball areana,and half of them were wannabe geordies

Since when was Middlesbrough anywhere near Newcastle. It's like saying you are a weggie:mad::mad::mad::mad:

winston churchill
Since when was Middlesbrough anywhere near Newcastle. It's like saying you are a weggie:mad::mad::mad::mad:

have a think about it.

Their attendance is pretty pish for a Saturday game.

But I don't think we will see many more today.

Nucky Thompson
Attendance today 5077

:peepwall:

Sunday, on the telly, festival cavalcade and no new signings :P

Do The Dance

And it's a meaningless friendly...

Still pretty poor thou :(

I preferred going to see the jambo's than going to see some folk dressed up in fancy dress prancing about on the back of a trailer. ;)

Nucky Thompson
Love the avatar mate :biggrin:
Aye and it's still pre-season:) A lot more beauties to come I think;)

Aye and it's still pre-season:) A lot more beauties to come I think;)

We are not much better,concentrate on ourselves than the hobos imo

Nucky Thompson
We are not much better,concentrate on ourselves than the hobos imo
Oh, but we're much, much better than the Hobos in every way:)

Oh, but we're much, much better than the Hobos in every way:)

oh yes I agree,they are up **** creek without a paddle the now :dribble:

Nucky Thompson
Everyone on this thread is Not A Real Fan.

...Except me, because I was there.

Well done Acey:)

Well done Acey:)

Thanks Boo; it was a pleasure to sit in some glory-hunter's "Platinum" seat. ;)

Acey = Real Fan.

Ron Burgundy

Acey = Real Fan.

I may be getting you mixed up with another poster and if I have then I apologise but I thought that Queen of the South's results gave you far more enjoyment than any Hearts victory ever could.

I may be getting you mixed up with another poster and if I have then I apologise but I thought that Queen of the South's results gave you far more enjoyment than any Hearts victory ever could.

You must have me mixed up with someone else; I didn't say that. :)

Yours,

-Real Fan

Dirk Diggler

Almost.

What he did say is that if Queens won tomorrow (against Rangers in cup final) it would have given him more pleasure than our 2 cup wins.

Nucky Thompson

Acey = Real Fan.

I wouldn't thank you for it mate:rolleyes: I love my seat in N2 not far from the away dug out:)

Ron Burgundy
Almost.

What he did say is that if Queens won tomorrow (against Rangers in cup final) it would have given him more pleasure than our 2 cup wins.

Yeah I know.

A real proper fan is Acey.

portobellojambo1
Attendance today 5077

:peepwall:

If we are brutally honest, and with no disrespect meant to Hull City FC, it wasn't the most spectacular opposition we have been presented with for a friendly match. Then what with the mixed weather around lunchtime, other attractions on in Edinburgh this afternoon, the fact it was live on the telly and throw in the apathy that may remain in some from the last couple of seasons I suppose it is not too bad a turnout.

As games go it wasn't particularly pleasing on the eye, but maintained my interest, which is something because I can't stand friendly games

Captain Lithuania

I reckon we'll struggle to beat 6325, however I think we'll sign player(s) this week and we'll be full (or therabouts) on Saturday. Hibernian FC will have to wait till they play us or the OF to be full this season.

Anthony Gardner, amazing, fast as anything and can hit a mean free kick.

Archived