What happened to the new signings?

bighalders

On the official website about 10 - 14 days ago to watch out for two or three imminent signings........................................ still waiting. For a brief moment I thought, this is great getting this type of info from official site, great PR etc etc. What let down. A week to go until the season stats we've sold, Tall and Bednar, two of our better players, kept 28 etc etc, what a farse. Karipidis on way out. Yet I still bought my season ticket today :)

Come on Hearts lets avoid a repeat of last season or worse, start spending the money Vlad but through the manager, do it properly for once rather than wasting ?12M of HEARTS MONEY like you've dome recently.

Jambof3tornado

The squads not that bad,we need strikers for sure but other than that we arent too bad,worth a punt this season without blowing millions on new signings.(a punt for 3rd place);)

maroonlegions
11:55pm - August 31st, that's when we'll sign players!

MMM, WONDER WERE WE WILL BE IN THE LEAGUE THEN.:rolleyes:

Drylaw Hearts
The squads not that bad,we need strikers for sure but other than that we arent too bad,worth a punt this season without blowing millions on new signings.(a punt for 3rd place);)

I couldn't disagree more.

Watch yesterday's press conference.. very informative. Csaba saying he won't just sign because an agent or anyone else recommends. He wants to know everything about a player beforehand... personal circumstances too. To make sure everything about them is correct for the club.

Your mad! WE finished 8th last year, the squad is now worse, so we could finish lower than 8th but you will say thats not that bad??????????

Are we still interested in Tullberg?

Apparently Csabba wants him here, he'll probably be playing at some stage tomorrow.

Only a Game
Apparently Csabba wants him here, he'll probably be playing at some stage tomorrow.

i doubt it. he's out for 3 weeks at least with an injury

Thought he was out injured for 3 weeks?

Jambof3tornado

We finished 8th with no manager in place and just how is the squad worse now than it was at the end of last season??

Goalkeepers

Banks

McDonald

Basso

Right Backs

Neilson

Jason Thomson

Left Backs

Lee Wallace

Centre Backs

Berra

Zaliukis

Karipidis

Sives

Rapnik

Right Midfielders

Miko

Chesney

Beslija

Ivaskevicius

Left Midfielders

Driver

Ksanavicius

Centre Midfielders

Stewart

Palazuelos

Bruno

McGowan

Attacking Midfielders

Kingston

Forwards

Nade

Elliot

Mole

Makela

Glen

Stirkers

None

You're at the wind up eh??

Drylaw Hearts
We finished 8th with no manager in place and just how is the squad worse now than it was at the end of last season??

:rolleyes:

Jambof3tornado
Goalkeepers

Banks

McDonald

Basso

Right Backs

Neilson

Jason Thomson

Left Backs

Lee Wallace

Centre Backs

Berra

Zaliukis

Karipidis

Sives

Rapnik

Right Midfielders

Miko

Chesney

Beslija

Ivaskevicius

Left Midfielders

Driver

Ksanavicius

Centre Midfielders

Stewart

Palazuelos

Bruno

McGowan

Attacking Midfielders

Kingston

Forwards

Nade

Elliot

Mole

Makela

Glen

Stirkers

None

You're at the wind up eh??

Good enough for a 3rd place finish. And no I dont do drugs!!

Guest JamboRobbo

That squad has already proven it wasn't good enough even for top 6

Your mad! WE finished 8th last year, the squad is now worse, so we could finish lower than 8th but you will say thats not that bad??????????

I think the lack of tactics, motivation, coaching and interference was probably a bigger factor in our eigth place finish last season than the poor squad.

We do need at least 4 players though IMO.

Jambof3tornado

An unguided and unmotivated squad will do f all in the league.

Only time will tell who is right. I am not for one minute saying the squad cannot be improved,but we need to get the right kind of players in at the right price,there is no point in just splashing the cash.

you'll need drugs if you expect 3rd with that squad, i'll say 8th again lets see who is more accuarate at predictions.................

I would agree with those that say our squad, even as it stands currently, is not that bad. In Berra, Jonsson, Kingston, Driver and Nade (if he gets his act together) we have quality players. The likes of Zaliukas, Wallace, Mole and Glen will really benefit from the good coaching that Laszlo seems to be giving them. We don't need a massive overhaul, just a few well chosen additions and some stability.

Sorry if that wee bit of optimism sticks in the craw of our resident doom merchants.:cool:

Motherwell finished 3rd last season with virtually the same set of players who were still in the mix for relegation with two games to go the previous season. The only significant additions were Porter (a replacement for the departed Scott McDonald, who is a much better player) and Hughes. The difference between 2006/7 and 2007/8 for the Steelmen? Good coaching.

IF Csaba is as good at coaching as he is at talking, then I reckon we'll see a massive improvement from Hearts this season.

I would agree with those that say our squad, even as it stands currently, is not that bad. In Berra, Jonsson, Kingston, Driver and Nade (if he gets his act together) we have quality players. The likes of Zaliukas, Wallace, Mole and Glen will really benefit from the good coaching that Laszlo seems to be giving them. We don't need a massive overhaul, just a few well chosen additions and some stability.

Sorry if that wee bit of optimism sticks in the craw of our resident doom merchants.:cool:

That squad finished 8th, now minus Gordon, Bednar, Tall etc. We will finish 8th at best. Sorry if that bit of realism sticks in the craw of our Glasgow believe no matter what merchants

Jambof3tornado
That squad finished 8th, now minus Gordon, Bednar, Tall etc. We will finish 8th at best. Sorry if that bit of realism sticks in the craw of our Glasgow believe no matter what merchants

Tall and Bednar:dribble:..... FFS hardly stand out classy players for us. And Gordons been gone for a while now,get over it!!!:wacko:

I believe in one thing,and thats that I will give the new manager every opportunity to show me what he can do with a bunch of players I has seen the worst of. Lets see if he can polish some of the jobbies we have playing for us!!

Martin T stop it,you are being far too positive in your posts!!!;)

Absolutely nothing wrong with being positive, as long as it is based on something concrete. We have a lesser squad than last year and a manager with no experience of the SPL, how that adds up to finishing 3rd is not positive its niaive (sp)

We're aw doomed!:eek:

Doubt it his injury will keep him out for at least three weeks.

Tall and Bednar:dribble:..... FFS hardly stand out classy players for us. And Gordons been gone for a while now,get over it!!!:wacko:

I believe in one thing,and thats that I will give the new manager every opportunity to show me what he can do with a bunch of players I has seen the worst of. Lets see if he can polish some of the jobbies we have playing for us!!

Agree with bold bit above 100% just wanted to club to deliver on what they promised which they haven't yet again

Jambof3tornado
Agree with bold bit above 100% just wanted to club to deliver on what they promised which they haven't yet again

There could be a load of reasons why players havent come in,whether it be work permits,not agreeing terms etc etc. I am pleased in a way that we havent rushed out to buy the Lovells etc that we seem to talk about on here all the time, that could come in and do a job but I want better than that from Hearts,but dont think we will see much quality until the new stand is up and we are getting more income from the increased crowds(and before anyone says it,Vlad knows that if he puts a good product on the park he could fill the redeveloped stand!!). Perhaps we just have to make do with what we have just now,I am pleased that we appear to have in place a manager,thats something of a step forward from last season and am willing to sit quiet until he gets a chance to prove what he can do with our squad. A few signings are always good for the club,but the most important signing has been made,that of Csaba himself.

Heres Rixxy

WTF are you on about no one promised anything.

Also, I doubt the word 'imminent' was ever used.

I have to say, there are a lot of doom & gloom merchants on here at the moment and some of the posts have bee a bit over the top.

IMO our squad is not the greatest BUT it is not as bad as some are making out.

With Csaba in place (a proper coach, who knows what he is doing) than can make a big difference to the team, just look at Motherwell last season under McGhee.

IMO we do need a bit more quality in the squad but not the wholesale changes that some are wanting or expecting, people have to realise that thos sorts of changes take quite a bit of time to achieve.

As Csaba has already said, we need a Goalkeeper(a no.1), a decent quality right back(like Obua but on the right side of defence), and 2 quality strikers.

IF we manage to achieve this before the end of August then I think we can have a very good season and would be confident of certainly 3rd place.

IMO as things stand at the moment with the squad we are probably looking at around 4th or 5th place.

Ibrahim Tall

Motherwell finished 3rd last season with virtually the same squad that finished 10th the season before.

A couple improvements and our players actually performing to their true ability with a coach actually in control(which finally it seems we have) and we'd **** 3rd place.

Jam Tarts 1874

Who promised you what?

By the way, seeing as you obviously don't keep up. If Obua and Tullberg sign, then there are a couple of signings.

If I go looking back through your posts I will find you bashing your gums about the level of debt, yet here you are today grumpin' an a mumpin' about Hearts not spending money. Get a grip of yourself!

rudi must stay
Motherwell finished 3rd last season with virtually the same squad that finished 10th the season before.

ye, it was mainly the same squad. He did bring in a goalscorer though, Porter and that made a big difference to them. Look how many goals he scored against us all alone. We should be looking to do the same thing imo

If I go looking back through your posts I will find you bashing your gums about the level of debt, yet here you are today grumpin' an a mumpin' about Hearts not spending money. Get a grip of yourself!

Some people just like moaning mate.

The OP is one of them.

WeeToonJambo
ye, it was mainly the same squad. He did bring in a goalscorer though, Porter and that made a big difference to them. Look how many goals he scored against us all alone. We should be looking to do the same thing imo

to replace Scott MacDonald who is a class above Porter.

rudi must stay
to replace Scott MacDonald who is a class above Porter.

well it's easier for him because he's playing in a team where he gets far more chances

How are the youngsters supposed to get a first team game?

Vlad's plan is to bring through the youth - I think most Hearts fans know this.

The level of debt does exist, even though Vlad owes it to himself, but I for one would rather give the likes of Driver their chance than spend ?7k a week on the bullet. If Karapidis goes I would say give McGowan or Rapnik their chance.

As others have stated on this thread look at the improvement in Motherwell. Their squad are made up of kids who are improving year on year by getting first team games. Are our youngsters so much worse than Motherwell's that posters on here are scared of giving them a go?

Let Csaba do his job - remember it wasn't too long ago that certain folk on here were demanding a manager and going mental over the thought of Vlad signing players.

PS - window closes on 31/8 not 9/8

Drylaw Hearts

But the Season starts on 9th August.

Surely that is the most important date ?

How are the youngsters supposed to get a first team game?

Vlad's plan is to bring through the youth - I think most Hearts fans know this.

The level of debt does exist, even though Vlad owes it to himself, but I for one would rather give the likes of Driver their chance than spend ?7k a week on the bullet. If Karapidis goes I would say give McGowan or Rapnik their chance.

As others have stated on this thread look at the improvement in Motherwell. Their squad are made up of kids who are improving year on year by getting first team games. Are our youngsters so much worse than Motherwell's that posters on here are scared of giving them a go?

Let Csaba do his job - remember it wasn't too long ago that certain folk on here were demanding a manager and going mental over the thought of Vlad signing players.

It wasn't the fans who said twice that there will be new players in the next day or 2. If we are not getting new players they shouldn't tell us otherwise.

The Real Maroonblood
On the official website about 10 - 14 days ago to watch out for two or three imminent signings........................................ still waiting. For a brief moment I thought, this is great getting this type of info from official site, great PR etc etc. What let down. A week to go until the season stats we've sold, Tall and Bednar, two of our better players, kept 28 etc etc, what a farse. Karipidis on way out. Yet I still bought my season ticket today :)

Come on Hearts lets avoid a repeat of last season or worse, start spending the money Vlad but through the manager, do it properly for once rather than wasting ?12M of HEARTS MONEY like you've dome recently.

We are still waiting on the 2 World Cup players so the recent ones will take a bit longer.

;)

We are still waiting on the 2 World Cup players so the recent ones will take a bit longer.

;)

VR never actually said which World Cup it would be though. :)

Francis Albert

So the absence of a manager wasn't that big a deal after all.

That squad finished 8th, now minus 1)Gordon, 2)Bednar, 3)Tall etc. We will finish 8th at best. Sorry if that bit of realism sticks in the craw of our Glasgow believe no matter what merchants

1)Left before last season

2)Never played last season

3)Rarely played last season

If anything we are stronger than last season with a new manager. Getting a bit anxious about the signings though. Would like to see at least a goalscorer and maybe a midfielder or right back come in in the next week. Goalkeeper is not as much of a priority imo.

I would agree with J3T in that, a couple of new faces aside, our squad is not too bad.

To give it a bit of perspective, other than the OF, which other team would you do a wholesale squad swap with?

Guest JamboRobbo
So the absence of a manager wasn't that big a deal after all.

It was the absence of a manager over the preceding period that allowed the squad to get into the state it's currently in. Lacking any strikers. Lacking any leaders. Lacking any shape or organistation. Lacking any fight or spirit.

We've done the first key thing we had to do in order to rectify the situation. Brought in a manager, who appears to know what he is doing.

He should be able to get a bit of shape and organisation to the team, regardless of players brought in. He might even manage to get a bit of team spirit going and get them fighting for each other.

But he'll still need to address the basic lack of leaders, and lack of strikers in our squad. That will require signings, highly preferably before the start of the season.

This has been the situation for a while. The date of the first game of the season has not moved. We know when we have to be ready. Without at least a couple of quality signings, we won't be IMO.

Archived