Kuala Lumpur

Legend Claws

Legend Claws

Hello

Heading to KL soon and was wondering if anyone has any tips? Is the shopping as good as everyone says? Any sites not to be missed? Good places to eat?

Staying at the Boulevard hotel in Mid Valley looks nice.

Chad Sexington
Hello

Heading to KL soon and was wondering if anyone has any tips? Is the shopping as good as everyone says? Any sites not to be missed? Good places to eat?

I loved KL. It's a really busy, modern, vibrant city.

Lots of great bars and restaurants. Take a trip up the Twin Towers. They only let you go half way up to the sky bridge but the view is amazing.

The only downside is that it's pretty polluted and smoggy. You'll see loads of folk with face masks on.

Great place though. You'll love it.

Hello

I had a stopover there on the way back from Australia last year. As CS says try and get up the twin towers, think its best to get there early and get a ticket as there is a limit to how many people get to go up. The shopping is good, loads of bargains to be found. There is a huge mall at the twin towers building and there are also arts/crafts markets. I loved the food too, and its really cheap, though can't remember the name of any specific places I ate.

coppercrutch

I liked it too. Skytrain thingy is pretty cool. Towers give a cracking view. Same as the others as far as food. Lots of cracking stuff but cant remember anywhere specific. You will do well to go wrong with food in that part of the World. Tasty :)

If you can travel further I would recommend the Pehrentian Islands further north. Probably the most amazing tropical islands in the World I have been to. Amazing.

Have fun.

PS - There is a big Man Utd restuarant bar thing that I went to watch the football IIRC.

Hello

My brother lived in KL for 7 years, I paid a few vists, so here's the places:

Bhatu Caves: An Indian Temple (300 steps) worth the climb

Mont Kiera: Ex-pat central: Premiership footie live late nite

Night Markets: Cheap 'Replica Shirts'

Eastern Hotel 'Entertainment for the western gentleman' - allegedly!!!

Shopping Malls, good for electronics, but you need a local to do the haggling!

If you have the time, visit Penang

At all times wear a 'famous JT' shirt' sadly you will meet the ugly sisters in Malaysia!!

Enjoy

Doug

The only downside is that it's pretty polluted and smoggy. You'll see loads of folk with face masks on.

The girl says, "Those are only the mentalists who try to cycle everywhere. Usually middle-aged Chinese women." So...there you go.

She also recommends the Batu caves and the "Hoi Peng" seafood restaurant, which, "they'll never find". :wacko: She says that the best dim sum in the world is found in the Mandarin Oriental hotel, which is next to the Twin Towers.

If you have the time, visit Penang

I'm heading to KL later in the year for the first time. Taking in the MotoGP race. :P

I've been to Penang though and am in no hurry to head back. It's nice enough in absolute terms, but not a patch on other Asian beach resorts. :cool:

coppercrutch
The girl says, "Those are only the mentalists who try to cycle everywhere. Usually middle-aged Chinese women." So...there you go.

She also recommends the Batu caves and the "Hoi Peng" seafood restaurant, which, "they'll never find". :wacko: She says that the best dim sum in the world is found in the Mandarin Oriental hotel, which is next to the Twin Towers.

Forgot about them. The monkeys in there are wee thieving *******s...:eek:

coppercrutch
I'm heading to KL later in the year for the first time. Taking in the MotoGP race. :P

I've been to Penang though and am in no hurry to head back. It's nice enough in absolute terms, but not a patch on other Asian beach resorts. :cool:

Pehrentian Islands I tell you. Immense.

10_malaysia.jpg

Never been to KL but I have been to Malaysia. Stayed in a small fishing village. From my experience I loved the country.

Archived