Allan Preston

CMc

Auldreekie1874
Backpedals on something he mentioned 50 minutes later.

It's a clear contradiction. He should just hold his hands up. Less embarrasing.

Spot on

His Berra comments were made midway through the 2nd half by which time he had probably been alerted to the thread on JKB

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
winston churchill
Richard Gordon telling preston its not right and making him agree, @RSEWIPE

also had another fly dig at the diving liths.

I didn't think it was possible to make such a tube of yourself.

Firstly he forgets to mention that he slated Miller AGES after all the e-mails were sent off....... nice wee aliby there eh.:rolleyes:

And it's never ok.......unless it's the refs fault.......when it's still not........ but yes it is.......not ok !!! or something like that.:confused::confused:

Richard Gordon seems to think we don't know he USED to support Hearts. Big deal so less of the patronising laugh ya big circumcised mutton worrier.

Spot on

His Berra comments were made midway through the 2nd half by which time he had probably been alerted to the thread on JKB

Correct.

I like the way Gordon got his comment in about JKB beforehand.

Are the e-mails in anyway less valid because they came from a message board?!?!?!?!

Preston was lost, Gordon spoon-fed him his answer for him.

Tosser.

Even Richard Gordan having a go at us....managed to make a comment picking out our Lithuanian players and diving.

Totally unfair. Gordon goes lower down in my estimation.

I believe he reads stuff on here, so Mr Gordon hang your head in shame you gutless wanabee Weegie!

I used to like Gordon but he's been an absolute disgrace towards us since Miko's Hampden dive.

Another grade 'A' rectum.

Colonel Kurtz

I have no time for Preston or his cronies,he was the man who reported hearts for songs,which he didnt hear,but Chick young told him what he heard.

However Preston today was fair overall,it is easy to take quotes,which actually are not accurate ,and were not what was said.

We sound stupid and petty

Even Richard Gordan having a go at us....managed to make a comment picking out our Lithuanian players and diving.

I believe he reads stuff on here, so Mr Gordon hang your head in shame you gutless wanabee Weegie!

he has really lost the plot as far as hearts are concerned.

still he is giving me and my workmates great amusement with his antics.

the miko rant after the scotland game was superb,even i felt slightly embarrassed for him ,although he is keeping it up quite brilliantly week after week........................

please god his bosses dont remove the shovel as the more he digs the funnier it gets.:dribble:

To be fair to Preston, he did mention Miller's diving about three times in the first half as well. The only thing he said wrong in my opinion was that it was fair play to Miller, he should just have called it cheating, which it is.

Biscuits is a stroker. He is not brainy enough to understand what he is saying. Tbh, I actually do not blame Gordon for his statements re this board. He came on here and posted a response to a thread having a pop at him, all he got for that was a virtual sair face. He had the cojones to come on and attempt to explain his stance, I applaud that, many didn't.

Biscuits is a stroker. He is not brainy enough to understand what he is saying. Tbh, I actually do not blame Gordon for his statements re this board. He came on here and posted a response to a thread having a pop at him, all he got for that was a virtual sair face. He had the cojones to come on and attempt to explain his stance, I applaud that, many didn't.

After his rant, Is it any wonder he got a virtual sair face?

Just like players actions should be judged on their individual merits, Gordon Smiths actions should be also.

He was out of order today.

He hasnt had the bottle to come back here since he himself was exposed for blatantly racist double standards in the weeks that followed the Miko incident.

I was one of those who emailed the programme.

An absolute disgrace that clear discrimination on the grounds of race/nationality has a weekly platform on BBC Scotland.

I listened to the commentary today and didn't find it particularly biased from Allan Preston. As a poster inferred, if you take a comment in isolation then it can have a completely different meaning. Allan has just called me to ascertain exactly what was posted. When I told him he was upset about it as he had gone to great lengths to criticise Lee Miller throughout the game for his diving and also felt that he was unprofessional in trying to get Christophe Berra sent off. He was at pains to emphasise that his criticism of Miko was not isolated.

I appreciate that this will do nothing to appease the masses but wanted to post his thoughts in order to try to balance the debate.

BTW, I don't think they have access to JKB whilst on-air so it was unlikely that he had an inkling of the posts before Richard Gordon brought them up.

Scott

His stance was overtly racist and discriminatory. He was challenged to take the same view of cheating no matter the source or the nationaility and he was found wanting then and is still found wanting now.

He hasnt been back since his sair face.

He's a racist

Preston is a racist

Both supported, employed and turned a blind eye to by the BBC.

If Preston had criticised Miller at the same time, then fine. Simple fact is he criticised him after half time when he was more than likely informed of the emails being sent in.

I have no time for Preston or his cronies,he was the man who reported hearts for songs,which he didnt hear,but Chick young told him what he heard.

However Preston today was fair overall,it is easy to take quotes,which actually are not accurate ,and were not what was said.

We sound stupid and petty

Agreed, we can talk about our team being an embarrassment but some our fans need to take a good, hard look at themselves.

The paranoiac outrage on here sometimes is tiresome.

Colonel Kurtz
I listened to the commentary today and didn't find it particularly biased from Allan Preston. As a poster inferred, if you take a comment in isolation then it can have a completely different meaning. Allan has just called me to ascertain exactly what was posted. When I told him he was upset about it as he had gone to great lengths to criticise Lee Miller throughout the game for his diving and also felt that he was unprofessional in trying to get Christophe Berra sent off. He was at pains to emphasise that his criticism of Miko was not isolated.

I appreciate that this will do nothing to appease the masses but wanted to post his thoughts in order to try to balance the debate.

BTW, I don't think they have access to JKB whilst on-air so it was unlikely that he had an inkling of the posts before Richard Gordon brought them up.

Scott

I am no apologist for preston ,but I listened to -reston today and the overall tone was pro Hearts ,and he criticised Miller.

Everybody loves Baz

Is anyone listening to the stupid Bint on the radio just now ??

Scott

Are you suggesting he didn't have his Blackberry hooked up to Kickback?

I agree with most of what you've posted Scott.

I don't agree with his point that the quote were taken in isolation. They came within fifteen seconds of each other. It was his opinion on the ame series of play.

Thanks for the information though.

Scott

Instead of sending a messenger on here to appease things he should have the balls to apologise live on air and admit he was wrong to take the stance he did and that he is aware how that that stance could be seen as discriminatory.

Absolutely disgraceful comments and attitude no matter what shine is put on it and by whom the shine is applied. Does he support the Kick out Racism campaign I wonder because what he did today was a prime example iof what is being fought against.

Sorry Scott, but what he did cannot be defended and I'm surprised at you doing so..

Preston is a grade-A bitter reptile, pure and simple.

He tried to massage it post match in his (ahem) "explanation". But the fact remains that his position at the time he made those statements, virtually back-to-back during the game was utterly illogical and contradictory in both tone and sympathy.

Utter utter reptile. How the ferk he ever got a gig with the BBC totally escapes me. A no-mark player and a no-mark pundit.

Scott

The media are certainly biased against Miko and perhaps against all the Lithuanian players at Hearts. I think people are just getting gradually more annoyed when listening to the constant abuse that Miko gets during commentary while other players get away with it.

People sent complaints to the BBC site so I am certain that Preston and Gordon would have been informed during the game. It may have been a coincidence that Preston criticised Miller for diving after getting complaints but I doubt it.

Scott

Scott, thanks for that. What annoyed myself and looks like many others was the fact that he did say 'fair play' to Lee Miller for his constant cheating but within a mnute of saying this turns big time on Miko for doing the same as Miller. Im not saying that Allan hadn't slated Miller throughout the game, he did, but it was done all through the game as almost ok if Miller does it but not Miko. He did back track in the second half and I presume as the emails went flooding in he was warned to start slating Miller for his antics instead of almost being proud.

Scott

Scott,

You listened to the game so would have heard the two of them giggling and using the word 'cute' when in reference to Millers antics after about 10 mins of the game.

Saulius Mikoliunas is involved in something similar ( and I say that obviously not seeing the game) and the tone changes immediately, Gone are the 'cute' remarks, Gone are the 'If the refs are gullible to fall for it' remarks.

Yes, Allan Preston criticised Miller, But only after his 3rd or 4th offence, Mikoliunas was chastised after his first.

All we want is a level playing field and just like we witness from officials every week, Our media are just as guilty of ensuring that is the one thing we do not get.

MacDonald Jardine

Scott

You're absolutely right about not taking things in isolation.

I listened today and what I heard was:

1. Lee Miller apparently dives. Cue "humorous" comments about what a clever player he is.

2. Lee Miller apparently dives. Ditto.

3. Miko apparently dives. It's a disgrace and noone wants to see this in Scotland.

4, Miller does it again. The commentators feel obliged to suggest it's not ideal but it's still humorous.

5. They went out of their way in the second half to point out that all diving was wrong and that Miko could be hard done by.

To suggest he went to great lengths throughout the game to criticise Miller is simply untrue.

The posters weren't referring to them seeing posts on here but e-mails sent directly to Radio Scotland.

Certainly the impression I had from listening online and looking on here was that the receipt of complaining e-mails coincided with a change in attitude.

Instead of sending a messenger on here to appease things he should have the balls to apologise live on air and admit he was wrong to take the stance he did and that he is aware how that that stance could be seen as discriminatory.

Absolutely disgraceful comments and attitude no matter what shine is put on it and by whom the shine is applied. Does he support the Kick out Racism campaign I wonder because what he did today was a prime example iof what is being fought against.

Sorry Scott, but what he did cannot be defended and I'm surprised at you doing so..

Have to agree. Smacks of the media boys covering each others erses.

Scott

Preston was not anti- hearts today. However almost in the same breath as saying (effectivey) that Miller was quite right to try his luck... make the ref make a decision - he berated Miko for going down to easily. I was honestly astonished at the comments because they were like chalk and cheese within heartbeats of each other. He did criticise miller an hour later - but that makes the situation worse - does he not know his own mind?

Incidentally I think his first comment was correct - players are quite right to chance their arm with the ref. We see it in every country. I would rather see players get away with diving than players get away with crude vicious challenges (see the thread with the Diamond pic for an example).

Preston isn't that bad. Yes he said what he said but he then contradicted himself and said Millar should get in bother. He was a footballer not a writer or Journalist. He like all of us say things that don't always make sense or are contradictory. I bet if everything we all said was recorded we could all be criticised.

Get a life he really isn't that bad.:confused:

MacDonald Jardine
Preston isn't that bad. Yes he said what he said but he then contradicted himself and said Millar should get in bother. He was a footballer not a writer or Journalist. He like all of us say things that don't always make sense or are contradictory. I bet if everything we all said was recorded we could all be criticised.

Get a life he really isn't that bad.:confused:

Maybe he shouldn't be paid as an "expert" summariser then.

I agree with you diving is classified as cheating, but a cynical challenge on a fellow professional is totally ignored. BOTH are cheating only the second one could end someone's career.Think Roy Keane - I still maintain if it was another profession that man would be have been bombed out for good.

Preston was not anti- hearts today. However almost in the same breath as saying (effectivey) that Miller was quite right to try his luck... make the ref make a decision - he berated Miko for going down to easily. I was honestly astonished at the comments because they were like chalk and cheese within heartbeats of each other. He did criticise miller an hour later - but that makes the situation worse - does he not know his own mind?

Incidentally I think his first comment was correct - players are quite right to chance their arm with the ref. We see it in every country. I would rather see players get away with diving than players get away with crude vicious challenges (see the thread with the Diamond pic for an example).

His stance was overtly racist and discriminatory. He was challenged to take the same view of cheating no matter the source or the nationaility and he was found wanting then and is still found wanting now.

He hasnt been back since his sair face.

He's a racist

Preston is a racist

Both supported, employed and turned a blind eye to by the BBC.

I'd disagree that it was racism on both counts.

In Gordon's case, I don't think it has anything to do with Mikoliunas' nationality, I think it has everything to do with the colour jersey he wears. As we all know, Hearts are the team that every journo loves to hate given the continual attacks from VR, these comments and lack of fair comment from them stem from that, not from the nationality of the player(s) IMO. He came on and at least had the cojones to stand by and attempt to explain his comments, I applauded him at the time for that.

As for Biscuits today, I would say that it is due to the fact he is a Scotsman and feels that Mikoliunas wronged him and his country when he dived against us. In the same way that Grainger (now of Dundee United) will never get an easy ride or the benefit of the doubt from Hearts fans, Mikoliunas will not find many sympathetic voices outside of Tynecastle.

Preston is a grade-A bitter reptile, pure and simple.

He tried to massage it post match in his (ahem) "explanation". But the fact remains that his position at the time he made those statements, virtually back-to-back during the game was utterly illogical and contradictory in both tone and sympathy.

Utter utter reptile. How the ferk he ever got a gig with the BBC totally escapes me. A no-mark player and a no-mark pundit.

100% correct. Perfectly summed up.

He had one trick when he played for us. Pick the ball up on the wing, flick it past his marker and hope he could run faster than said opponent for an opportunity to put out one of Tynie School's windows with one of his famous crosses.

Didn't hear the commentary but when I have heard him, he strikes me as a wee boy at the supermarket check-out who's moaning at his mother to buy him a sweetie (and not getting his way).

I was one of those who sentr emails in today, 3 in total. they were ALL directly from the BBC site and the first two had a go at the double standards of sommentators from the supposedly "impartial " BBC. These 2 were sent during the first half. The 3rd one was sent in after they started to critise Miller and it basically said thanks for paying attention to reality that CHEATING is CHEATING no matter who does it. Not 1 of them mentioned my allegience to HMFC but then I suppose if I wasn't so inclined I would not have sent the email in. It probably needs peole to be listening to games not involving HMFC to draw the parallel as happens for the old-firm but Ido not know how you make supporters of a nother club complain to the GBC or GFA when it involves us.

Yeah BrownKG, I posted my email before reading the thread on KB. I Think they might have picked up that I am a hearts fan due to my email addy being the same as my user name on this.

Richard Gordon telling preston its not right and making him agree,

Richard Gordon is a class A hypocrite.....remember his ranting about Miko's dive....get shot of these foreign cheats (to paraphrase him)...now everytime a Lithuanain goes down in the box after being fouled they get a yellow card from the ref. ...it's taken me a long time to believe that our league, our media and our administration is corrupt...but i'm now beginning to believe that Vlad had a point (even tho' he denied he said that it was) :mad:

Richard Gordon is a class A hypocrite.....remember his ranting about Miko's dive....get shot of these foreign cheats (to paraphrase him)...now everytime a Lithuanain goes down in the box after being fouled they get a yellow card from the ref. ...it's taken me a long time to believe that our league, our media and our administration is corrupt...but i'm now beginning to believe that Vlad had a point (even tho' he denied he said that it was) :mad:

Personally I dont belive "corrupt" is the right phrase

Mikoluinas dived and cheated against Scotland, no doubt about that. He has also cheated and dived on other occasions.

Richard Gordon was at the forefront of the media reaction to one particular instance of cheating but made the grossly unfair mistake of not following through with his comments and applying equal outrage to every instance of it happening since.

The referees for their part seem determined not to be conned by not only Mikliunas, but all Lithuanian players and/or Hearts players. The result is we're not getting fairness and we're not getting each incident decided on its own merit.

Miko didnt help himself or Hearts when he did what he did, but those two hypocritical barstewards today delighted in fanning the flames and ensuring that this totally unfair but unspoken campaign against Hearts on behalf of the media and the referees carries on.

Allan Preston, your an erse, pure and simple, and what you did today wont be forgotten.

john brownlee
Personally I dont belive "corrupt" is the right phrase

Mikoluinas dived and cheated against Scotland, no doubt about that. He has also cheated and dived on other occasions.

Richard Gordon was at the forefront of the media reaction to one particular instance of cheating but made the grossly unfair mistake of not following through with his comments and applying equal outrage to every instance of it happening since.

The referees for their part seem determined not to be conned by not only Mikliunas, but all Lithuanian players and/or Hearts players. The result is we're not getting fairness and we're not getting each incident decided on its own merit.

Miko didnt help himself or Hearts when he did what he did, but those two hypocritical barstewards today delighted in fanning the flames and ensuring that this totally unfair but unspoken campaign against Hearts on behalf of the media and the referees carries on.

Allan Preston, your an erse, pure and simple, and what you did today wont be forgotten.

go on name them

its abit like being an aberdeen supporter one sh**gs a sheep and they are forever known as guess what.

Don't know which Hearts game he and his 2 brain cells will be attending next. However when he does, he is definitely worth a vocal tribute from the rest of us.

Alan Preston, you're a w****r, you're a w****r,

Alan Preston, you're a w****r, you're a w****r...

repeat until hoarse

It's probably ok for Miller to dive like it's ok for O'Conner eh Richard .

Richard Gordon says it's ok because ''he's one of our boys''...

The guy is a clown...

Archived