facebook

asomerville

what the **** has this thing done to my facebook!!!!!!!

I clicked the link but hit cancel as it wanted access to most of my profile and when it went back the whole set up of my profile id different!!!!!!!!

How the **** do I get it back???

I clicked the link but hit cancel as it wanted access to most of my profile and when it went back the whole set up of my profile id different!!!!!!!!

There's a bit at the top that says something along the lines of "go back to old facebook".

Did the exact same thing to mine. I don't like this whole 'new facebook' thing. What was wrong with the way it was? :sad:

There's a bit at the top that says something along the lines of "go back to old facebook".

yeah I finally saw that :sad:

how do you change to the new one? Just so I don't it again.

yeah I finally saw that :sad:

how do you change to the new one? Just so I don't it again.

There's a bit at the top as well that says 'try the new facebook'.

Although I'm guessing that its only a matter of time before they change the whole thing to the new version

There's a bit at the top as well that says 'try the new facebook'.

Although I'm guessing that its only a matter of time before they change the whole thing to the new version

I haven't got that bit at the top!! :) :) :) :)

I haven't got that bit at the top!! :) :) :) :)

It should be there on the top left. I had a look at the new facebook briefly. Looked awful to me. I suppose you get used to it though.

Commander Harris

it's not to do with the application. facebook is changing their interface, it's just a coincident that your first view of it was after following the link.

personally I quite like the new look, keeps all those annoying applications seperate.

it's not to do with the application. facebook is changing their interface, it's just a coincident that your first view of it was after following the link.

personally I quite like the new look, keeps all those annoying applications seperate.

Actually having looked at it again you're right. Went on a few people's pages and you get the wall right there at the top. Used to hate having to search past 100 applications just to leave the person a comment.

yeah realised that after my rant haha.

I actually hate the new look and I hope we get the choice of which one we use!

Actually having looked at it again you're right. Went on a few people's pages and you get the wall right there at the top. Used to hate having to search past 100 applications just to leave the person a comment.

Thats not the fault of Facebook though as it's up to the user where they have their Wall.

Personally I have mine at the top (just under my mini-feed n info) as do all my friends.

I do understand your gripe though as on Bebo (never use it now) the comments bit is at the bottom, nippy!!

Thats not the fault of Facebook though as it's up to the user where they have their Wall.

Personally I have mine at the top (just under my mini-feed n info) as do all my friends.

I do understand your gripe though as on Bebo (never use it now) the comments bit is at the bottom, nippy!!

It would help even more if people just stopped with all the stupid applications in the first place

Yes I know but at least that sorts out the problem. One of my friends on it appears to have no wall. How do you get your page like that?

Yes I know but at least that sorts out the problem. One of my friends on it appears to have no wall. How do you get your page like that?

You can minimise it so that it isn't seen unless you click where it says 'wall'

you hide it!! You can pick who gets to see what on FB, so you can block certain friends from seeing things while allowing others to see it.

Your 'friend' obviously doesn't want you to see his wall ;):P

p.s. or what he said ^^^^

You can minimise it so that it isn't seen unless you click where it says 'wall'

I'm sure that's not it. I've written on his wall in the past but now when I go to my wall posts there is no "wall-to-wall" option. Obviously I can just send the guy a message if I want but was curious as to why the wall doesn't show.

It would help even more if people just stopped with all the stupid applications in the first place

I've got quite a few apps on my profile :embarassed:

you hide it!! You can pick who gets to see what on FB, so you can block certain friends from seeing things while allowing others to see it.

Your 'friend' obviously doesn't want you to see his wall ;):P

p.s. or what he said ^^^^

That'll be it then. Strange considering I've only ever written on his wall once, in response to a post from him. :confused:

Actually I just clicked on the settings part on my wall and there's an option that says "Friends may post to my Wall". You can turn that on or off. I reckon you must just be able to stop everyone writing on your wall then.

I've got quite a few apps on my profile :embarassed:

Some of them aren't that bad, I just can't understand why you would start adding things like 'Are you romantic?', 'Are you sexy, filthy or a slut?', 'Will you marry your present boyfriend?', 'What kind of underwear are you?'....

I mean do other people actually look at all of these things and find them interesting?

Maybe I'm just a boring person :)

Commander Harris

if you are privacy conscious, I'd advice checking your settings as I think things have changed slightly over the change.

Facebook's set-up is so bland.

Granted, Bebo is full of neds, but it's far more user friendly and personalised.

Archived