Training this morning

Seymour M Hersh

Seymour M Hersh

I was at training this morning and the squad was split into 2 teams. The A team which I think could be the starting line up for Sunday was quite interesting.

Banks, J Brown, Zaliukas, Berra, Rapnik, Kingston, Ruben, Stewart, Driver, Makela & Mole.:)

Both teams concentrated on 3 exercises. 1 was for the 2 forwards basically moving the ball from left wing to right wing and delivering crosses in. The gaffer was banging on to the team about constant movement off the ball. He said ?I don?t want to talk about Rangers but their front to on Wednesday were static, no movement. The Kaunas defenders had an easier time of it because of this?

The other two exercises were for Midfield & Defenders. Mid field harrying defenders and the defenders being forced to pass the ball out rather than just hoof it. And one where midfield attacked using late runs etc. Ball always on the deck.

At the end of a two-hour session the gaffer asked if anyone wanted to stay behind for some extra ball work. All bar 2 stayed which was pleasing. Ruben and Karipidis left for lunch.

The gaffer really gets involved coaching, praising, admonishing when needed. He is clearly passionate about the game and the way it should be played.

Nade was in the 2nd team up front with Gary Glen. Both teams appeared to be playing an imaginary 4-4-2 line-up.

After the ball work, while the others were doing the extra stuff, Nade was getting personal training from Tam Ritchie. Shuttle run after shuttle run. I was beginning to feel sorry for the big guy. TR was giving him loads of praise and encouragement but jeezus he looks unfit. Stuck at it though.

heartsfc_fan

Cheers for the info Seymour.

I'd be happy if Glen was in the team over Mole and Kingston was through the middle

scott_jambo
I was at training this morning and the squad was split into 2 teams. The A team which I think could be the starting line up for Sunday was quite interesting.

Banks, J Brown, Zaliukas, Berra, Rapnik, Kingston, Ruben, Stewart, Driver, Makela & Mole.:)

Both teams concentrated on 3 exercises. 1 was for the 2 forwards basically moving the ball from left wing to right wing and delivering crosses in. The gaffer was banging on to the team about constant movement off the ball. He said ?I don?t want to talk about Rangers but their front to on Wednesday were static, no movement. The Kaunas defenders had an easier time of it because of this?

The other two exercises were for Midfield & Defenders. Mid field harrying defenders and the defenders being forced to pass the ball out rather than just hoof it. And one where midfield attacked using late runs etc. Ball always on the deck.

At the end of a two-hour session the gaffer asked if anyone wanted to stay behind for some extra ball work. All bar 2 stayed which was pleasing. Ruben and Karipidis left for lunch.

The gaffer really gets involved coaching, praising, admonishing when needed. He is clearly passionate about the game and the way it should be played.

Nade was in the 2nd team up front with Gary Glen. Both teams appeared to be playing an imaginary 4-4-2 line-up.

After the ball work, while the others were doing the extra stuff, Nade was getting personal training from Tam Ritchie. Shuttle run after shuttle run. I was beginning to feel sorry for the big guy. TR was giving him loads of praise and encouragement but jeezus he looks unfit. Stuck at it though.

Love posts like this, thanks alot!

Nade and Gary Glen are out real strike force if we can ever get them both match fit together.

Makela and Mole are our reserve strikeforce...

Where was Thomson? I reckon Brown was just filling in for Thomson while he was resting as he got the EEN Man of the match for the last German tour game.

rossthejambo
I hope that's not the team. Although i'd be happy if Rappa was involved.

Jamie Mole GTF

bit harsh. think mole could do a not too bad job this season with csaba in charge.

i'd wait and see how he plays before getting all agitated (sp) about a 19/20 year old starting up front.

its not as if there are many options for him

I hope that's not the team. Although i'd be happy if Rappa was involved.

Jamie Mole GTF

aye very good. jamie mole is playing some good football and will get the breaks once the team gels a bit more. I would rather some of the fans GTF and give the players who are here a chance.

ffs shabba just might make a player out of a few of them...when is the last time they had proper coaching...especialy Jamie mole...when is the last time he had worked with a proper striking coach?

Thanks for the update mate.Sounds good, much better than piggy back and wheelbarrow races of last year! The players will feel obliged to stay and do extra given the gaffers approach. Excellent.

Guest JamboRobbo

Cheers for the info. Like the sound of most of it, Csaba really sounds like he knows what he's doing.

My only worry being that it would appear from various accounts (including this one), that Csaba intends to have Berra and Zaliukas attempt to pass the ball out from the back. That is suicidal IMO, and will be our downfall if we go with it. Neither of them has the football ability required to pass the ball anywhere.

If we want to pass it out from the back, we'd have been better sticking with Karapidas, who can at least control and pass a football.

And reading that team highlights the need for new signings ASAP (i.e. before the start of the season for those who are hard of understanding and get upset by people saying ASAP).

Rapnik as a left back? I thought he was a centre half.

Would like to see Kingston on the right and Makela given a chance up front but Mole is useless, IMO.

Sorry guys, not changing my opinion on Jamie Mole.

He's a waste of skin, a terrible player. He has had umpteen chances at Hearts and has done nothing. Atleast for Eliot we could say that he had a great spell under Rix, but Mole has done nothing at Hearts, nothing at Livingston and nothing at Queen of the South. He's absolutely terrible, and giving players like him third and fourth chances is one of the reasons why we're in this state in the first place.

Get rid.

Good report SMH

Good and interesting stuff.

Our defence looks weak as feck, and our strikers remain goal shy.

But the training, drills, motiviation etc all sounds excellent.

And he is right about Rangers. This would have been a good season to go for the jugular again with them

Can I be the first to say....thanks for the info, but FFS someone from Hull City could be reading this ;):P:dribble:

Seymour M Hersh

Would like to see Kingston on the right and Makela given a chance up front but Mole is useless, IMO.

That's where they were.;)

EEN had an interview with him yesterday... Apparently he played their last week as a stand in for an injured Lee Wallace and that was his first time ever playing that position... he is a left footer so maybe with a few more games under his belt he will get more comfortable...

Sorry guys, not changing my opinion on Jamie Mole.

He's a waste of skin, a terrible player. He has had umpteen chances at Hearts and has done nothing. Atleast for Eliot we could say that he had a great spell under Rix, but Mole has done nothing at Hearts, nothing at Livingston and nothing at Queen of the South. He's absolutely terrible, and giving players like him third and fourth chances is one of the reasons why we're in this state in the first place.

Get rid.

According to Londonhearts he has had 17 appearances for Hearts. Some of those were as substitute. How is that umpteen chances?

Ryan Gosling
According to Londonhearts he has had 17 appearances for Hearts. Some of those were as substitute. How is that umpteen chances?

I make it 20 appearances.

But one was under Burley where he 'lost on purpose' so that shouldn't count. And he played up front alone in Athens, and left wing against Sparta so that's not really fair either.

I feel a player can only really be judged on starts.

13 starts in total minus the Burley game, Athens and Sparta and I make it 10 starts with 3 goals and he's only turned 20.

Cheers for the info. Like the sound of most of it, Csaba really sounds like he knows what he's doing.

My only worry being that it would appear from various accounts (including this one), that Csaba intends to have Berra and Zaliukas attempt to pass the ball out from the back. That is suicidal IMO, and will be our downfall if we go with it. Neither of them has the football ability required to pass the ball anywhere.

If we want to pass it out from the back, we'd have been better sticking with Karapidas, who can at least control and pass a football.

And reading that team highlights the need for new signings ASAP (i.e. before the start of the season for those who are hard of understanding and get upset by people saying ASAP).

This is very worrying :eek:

I agree with every word of this post.

It's got to stop JR :o

Seymour M Hersh

I meant to add there were 3 video cameramen and 3 stills camerapersons (1 was a burd) there this morning as well. I asked one if it was was team photo day but he said not quite. So no real clue as to why they were all there.

Guest JamboRobbo
This is very worrying :eek:

I agree with every word of this post.

It's got to stop JR :o

You must be a :hobofish: as well.

:P:)

I meant to add there were 3 video cameramen and 3 stills camerapersons (1 was a burd) there this morning as well. I asked one if it was was team photo day but he said not quite. So no real clue as to why they were all there.

Any people that looked as though they might be a "trialist"?

Seymour M Hersh
Any people that looked as though they might be a "trialist"?

No none I'm afraid. No sign of Abua either. Whether the rib injury keeping him out I don't know. Larry looks bum fit though. Jonny Brown looked very comfortable at RB nothing fazed hi. Has an excellent first touch (which will be need when receiving passes from Berra and Zal) and passed the ball well. If I am correct in that being the 1st team, so to speak, they all looked fit and confident.

At the stay behind session Makela was slotting time after time but he still looks odd as a football payer.

Also this afternoon's session begins at 4:30pm I think.

Guest JamboRobbo
Larry looks bum fit though.

very worrying comment, though not all that surprising. I hope the players kept their kit on till they were well inside.

Seymour M Hersh
:sad::wub::embarassed:

It's an old footbaling term!!! Honest! Or is the mantra uttered by all first team squad members (oooh err missus) at fester road as they enter the showers!

It's an old footbaling term!!! Honest! Or is the mantra uttered by all first team squad members (oooh err missus) at fester road as they enter the showers!

"Square baw" "man on" "shy" "get tae f*&k ref"

These are all old footballing terms I am accustomed to

"bum fit"??

Come on, you had a wee :hobofish: moment didnt you?

No none I'm afraid. No sign of Abua either. Whether the rib injury keeping him out I don't know. Larry looks bum fit though. Jonny Brown looked very comfortable at RB nothing fazed hi. Has an excellent first touch (which will be need when receiving passes from Berra and Zal) and passed the ball well. If I am correct in that being the 1st team, so to speak, they all looked fit and confident.

At the stay behind session Makela was slotting time after time but he still looks odd as a football payer.

Also this afternoon's session begins at 4:30pm I think.

This isn't based on anything solid, but I just have a hunch that he will come good and be a main player for us this season...

(Famous last words??) :)

Seymour M Hersh
"Square baw" "man on" "shy" "get tae f*&k ref"

These are all old footballing terms I am accustomed to

"bum fit"??

Come on, you had a wee :hobofish: moment didnt you?

I appreciate you're from egg chasing country but that was an un-called for slur!!

Talking of old terms in the days of terraces there was an old guy that stood ear me that kept yelling at Hearts to "give it some beef Hearts, give it some effing beef, that's what the games about, beef"! I kid you not. He had some great expressions.

Guest JamboRobbo
I appreciate you're from egg chasing country but that was an un-called for slur!!

Talking of old terms in the days of terraces there was an old guy that stood ear me that kept yelling at Hearts to "give it some beef Hearts, give it some effing beef, that's what the games about, beef"! I kid you not. He had some great expressions.

nice attempt at changing the subject...... :dribble:

Thanks for that Seymour.

If that is the team that lines up against Motherwell I would be very happy. Two youngsters that were not really quoted last season being fast tracked straight into the team is a positive. I am not sure Mole is as bad as others seem to think he is, and I will be happy to see big Juho given a first team chance.

The cons? Zaliukas playing is the only real down side for me, I would rather see us bring in another youngster and give him a chance.

As for the poster calling for Glen, he is suspended for at least the first game, I am not sure but I seem to remember the suspension being two games?

Guy behind me at Tynie a few seasons ago had some crackers.

"Too perky Hearts! Yer too perky!"

and

"There's not enough science here. Where's the science boys?!"

Ha Ha!! Classic!! What a nutter :dribble:

Ryan Gosling
Thanks for that Seymour.

If that is the team that lines up against Motherwell I would be very happy. Two youngsters that were not really quoted last season being fast tracked straight into the team is a positive. I am not sure Mole is as bad as others seem to think he is, and I will be happy to see big Juho given a first team chance.

The cons? Zaliukas playing is the only real down side for me, I would rather see us bring in another youngster and give him a chance.

As for the poster calling for Glen, he is suspended for at least the first game, I am not sure but I seem to remember the suspension being two games?

Just one game I think.

re: Passing out from the back.

Zaliukas is a pretty decent passer of the ball, the only problem is his over-confidence at times can lead to a total bombscare moment.

Regarding Berra, i've not really seen a great passing ability but if the team has the correct organisation, he should only have to pass to players close to him and he'll get more confident at doing so.

can we ban the phrase "the game and the way it should be played" as it reminds me too much of the bull**** spouted by Chocolate John and Monkey Heid.

At least there was no dubiety with rugby terms

"rake him"

"stamp on his baws"

"gouge him"

"pundae in tae him" (never really knew what "pundae" meant - legalised assault I think)

Anyway, I'll be interested to see how your relationship with Larry develops over the season.

You know one of his mates posts on here ;)

Seymour M Hersh
At least there was no dubiety with rugby terms

"rake him"

"stamp on his baws"

"gouge him"

"pundae in tae him" (never really knew what "pundae" meant - legalised assault I think)

Anyway, I'll be interested to see how your relationship with Larry develops over the season.

You know one of his mates posts on here ;)

Aye, me!!;)

One thing you can never accuse Zaliukas of is lacking confidence.

Is that a good thing ? Over confidence will be his downfall time and time again.

Guest JamboRobbo
Eh? You've lost me.

Was a while back - Alex Koslovski claimed thats why certain players were getting stick from the fans.

Walter Kidd
Was a while back - Alex Koslovski claimed thats why certain players were getting stick from the fans.

Mole and Elliot are Scottish though???

That's where they were.;)

Pfft! That 6 month search for a manager was totally pointless; they should've just appointed me!!

tanner baw!

Guest JamboRobbo
Mole and Elliot are Scottish though???

No they're not. Elliot is. And Zaliukas may have the skills of a scottish 3rd division CB, but I can assure you he's Lithuanian. :P

Patrick Bateman
Why oh why do Hearts fans continually lambast young players?

Because cheap point scoring makes them feel important and "in the know".

Mole isn't half as bad as some of the drama queens on this board will have you believe: Bit of pace, strength and decent on the ground. He reminds me of a young Andy Kirk, and with a bit of coaching and perhaps an experienced (or even talented) striker partner, he might be quite useful.

Because cheap point scoring makes them feel important and "in the know".

Mole isn't half as bad as some of the drama queens on this board will have you believe: Bit of pace, strength and decent on the ground. He reminds me of a young Andy Kirk, and with a bit of coaching and perhaps an experienced (or even talented) striker partner, he might be quite useful.

I do get the impression is that Mole will be somebody that will score once he gets started

Its just a worry he hasnt got started in 2 years

His Hearts time has been largely when we have been going backwards footballingwise and create precious few chances a game (although this wouldnt explain Livvie and QOTS where at that level he should really have been getting and scoring more chances)

Having said all of that he isnt at the stage yet where he should be leading the line.

Whatever the vitriol of some of the posts what is apparent is that we are close to starting the season with a weak and limited squad.

Disappointing

Archived