Make the big bad bullies stop!

youngy

Hi Folks

Just a little update on the petition for you.

First of all. To those of you who have already signed it. THANK YOU! If we shout loud enough, this CAN be stopped!

As some of you might know already, the petition has been signed by Tam Cowan and received a mention in his column in Saturdays Daily record. How much this promoted it I'm not sure yet as unfortunately the address of the petition was not mentioned. But it was a nice gesture by Tam all the same.

Yesterday I wrote an open letter to the chairmen/owners of the 10 non Old Firm clubs telling them that the petition existed, urging them to have a look at it, and, informing them that I will deliver hard copies of the petition to them soon.

I also sent this open letter to a few journalists. It was sent to:

Stuart Bathgate at the Scotsman - who has kindly written a short peice about it in this mornings paper (you can read it here> http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Petition-takes-on-Old-Firm.4356484.jp)

Tam Cowan at The Daily Record - If he can get more about it printed that would be great.

Bill Leckie at The Sun

Mark Donaldson at Talk107

I have received replies form Falkirk (who say the letter is being passed between directors etc) and Aberdeen (who have stated that despite reports- they have NOT agreed to pay the 5% charge as yet)

The petition also been signed by a few Old Firm fans. One Rangers fans has posted this comment "Signed by a Rangers fan. Our club already charge us a handling fee for away tickets so this aint for the benefit of the fans." Telld you all you need to know about this charge as far as I am concerned! This is not about the big two "meeting costs". This is about the big two FLEECING THE REST!

Remember folks, the address of the petition is> http://www.gopetition.co.uk/petitions/stop-the-old-firm-bully-tactics.html

Email it to people, post it on other forums, send it to journalists of YOUR choice. Lets just be heard on this matter and try to force the Old Firm to back down for once!

Cheers

Good work youngy...it might not change things but if it stirs up even a mini fuss then it'll be worth it. I'm convinced there are plenty of fans who won't know about this thanks to the limited coverage from the trusty weedgie media but getting it mentioned by a few of the writers/columnists might be enough to get them thinking. I hate how these things happen and are simply brushed under the carpet.... grr.

Have shared it with a few other people who use different forums...

Hi folks

Another little update on the petition for you.

Currently we are standing at 1879 signatures.

Yesterday I sent the open letter to another couple of journalists. And today I have created a blog site ( http://viewfromgorgie.blogspot.com ) where people will be able to keep up to date with what I am up to with the blog.

You can also choose to subscribe to the blog so that any time a new piece of information is posted you will be the first to know.

Thanks again to all those who have already signed and let's try to keep the word of mouth advertising going so we can put a stop to this tax on our clubs!

cheers

youngy

Archived