SFA - A Step Too Far

Csaba's Broon Shoes

robin hood jambo

I find it amazing that the SFA can be so shortsighted.

They are supposed to be supporting grass roots football. Who kows but hey could actually be hindering the progress of potential Scotland players.

I thought with smith in charge we'd have less of these daft draconian decisions, it just doesnt help anyone.

Bordeaux 03

We have know for a while now the SFA are a joke. Can they not see they are punishing the people they are there to help and support? Yes the discosure forms should of been submitted on time, but surely a suspension of the youth team running would of been suffice, not to permanently expel them.

The bit about Dundee is just digraceful.

It's about time an independent body was setup for the SFA to report to but this will never happen.

Disclosures are very important especially when dealing with young persons.

Many on this board have discussed the crimes committed by Celtic boys clubs and have rightly condemned them. Disclosures are there to stop things like that happening and should definitely be in place at every club in Scotland.

I doubt the clubs will get much backing from the Scottish government.

chester copperpot

Many on this board have discussed the crimes committed by Celtic boys clubs and have rightly condemned them. Disclosures are there to stop things like that happening and should definitely be in place at every club in Scotland.

I totally agree. Well said that man.

If it stops another scandal, then so be it.

I totally agree. Well said that man.

If it stops another scandal, then so be it.

So can we assume that the three clubs involved have been buggering wee boys then ?

There is no mention of any warnings having being given or any extension periods offered for them to attain compliance ?

Surely ther SFA are not so high and mighty that the public dont have a right to know !

sandylejambo

the beauty of this discloser money thing is, some of the teams who have paid, still have'nt had the background checks done yet, so the sfa have a friggen cheek

Anyone else think Yorkston is a sherman tank? :)

Without a doubt :P

Anyway, he's probably used the ?30k grant for 1st team players wages and that might be more the issue rather than some academic 'drop off' within their youth policy ;)

Graham Thomson

I agree with you, the clubs concerned knew the rules, no point moaning now, i have been involved in youth football for over 10 years, everyone knows how important disclosure forms are, the rules are there for a reason, and if local youth football clubs, can get it right, then surely the senior clubs can..

Anyone who supports the SFA in this case needs to learn about natural justice -- the cases are not linked to any acts imagined or otherwise -- they are delays in paperwork -- thats all and if you dare to read the full story you will find that the decisions were based on the casting vote of a man who should be in no position of power in Scottish football --

I would not trust him any more than Vlad -- It is a disgrace that this has happened -- at times we need to look beyond our own selfish world -- what will happen to those younger players who will be lost to the clubs because of a lack of funds -- we are crying out for our young people to be involved and then we seem to be happy that other clubs who do not have unlimited funds are going to have to let youngsters go.

Have a heart please.

Toxteth O'Grady
Anyone who supports the SFA in this case needs to learn about natural justice -- the cases are not linked to any acts imagined or otherwise -- they are delays in paperwork -- thats all and if you dare to read the full story you will find that the decisions were based on the casting vote of a man who should be in no position of power in Scottish football --

/QUOTE]

Well said

Did the SFA send them a friendly reminder that they hadn't sent in their disclosure details? Probably not.

The clubs have done nothing wrong i the eyes of the law, all their emloyees have been checked out. Their only fault was failing to let the SFA know in time.

Surely some common sense should be applied here and allow them to submit the disclosures now.

It's not the fault of the Youth players that their Clubs have made an oversight yet they are the ones who will suffer.

Archived