Are we at the beginning of another "Believe" period?

Walter Kidd

Are we beginning to believe?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are we beginning to believe?

Walter Kidd

With Rangers in turmoil and their fans not knowing whether to cheer or boo and Celtic's biscuit tin closed for the summer are we in with a chance to repeat the autumn of 2005?

A few good signings and we might be in my opinion.

With Rangers in turmoil and their fans not knowing whether to cheer or boo and Celtic's biscuit tin closed for the summer are we in with a chance to repeat the autumn of 2005?

Ehhhh....No!!

You bet your arse some will,for me it will take more than a manager and a few nice statements to convince me.

Drylaw Hearts

No for me.

We need to start very strongly and unless Csaba signs 5 players (inc at least 2 strikers) in the next week I just can't see it.

jamboinglasgow

I think your right in thinking the OF are not in a strong posistion but dont think we have enough quality to challenge, think a few signings will help but not enough. If the OF keep like this 2009-2010 season then we can talk.

loveofthegame

Is this thread a joke?! We still have the same squad of players that finished 8th last season. At this point we are a mid table side at best.

Driver and Kingston are the only players of ours that'd get near the Rangers first team.

Frankenstein Jambo.

There is no chance in hell this team will mount a serious challenge next season.

Guest Maroon Carpet
There is no chance in hell this team will mount a serious challenge next season.

I agree, but try telling that to the likes of Chad Sexington and the likes, who all believe that there may be a chance of doing well being that we have a new manager, but of course no new players, so no, I think we could possibly have another season same as last, unless we sign at least 3 quality proven players at SPL level.

Frankenstein Jambo.
I agree, but try telling that to the likes of Chad Sexington and the likes, who all believe that there may be a chance of doing well being that we have a new manager, but of course no new players, so no, I think we could possibly have another season same as last, unless we sign at least 3 quality proven players at SPL level.

Even with 3 quality signings. (E.G CB, MID, ST) Would we still be able to challenge the old firm? Lets have a look...

Who would you rather have in you team?

Celtic v Hearts (our key players versers theirs)

Aiden MaGeady or Andrew Driver?

Stephen McManus or Christoph Berra?

Laryea Kingston or Barry Robson?

Rangers V Hearts

Carlos cuilar or berra?

Ferguson or kingston?

Burke or Driver? (well oh..maybe driver)

and they will keep adding....

Far too early to say if this season is even going to be better than last, never mind the fantastic autumn under Burley.

Romanov needs to start walking the walk, for all that's it's nice that he is at least talking the talk to the fans just now. No interference, team picked on merit, reasonable signings - all over a whole season and then I'll start believing again.

Even with 3 quality signings. (E.G CB, MID, ST) Would we still be able to challenge the old firm? Lets have a look...

Who would you rather have in you team?

Celtic v Hearts (our key players versers theirs)

Aiden MaGeady or Andrew Driver?

Stephen McManus or Christoph Berra?

Laryea Kingston or Barry Robson?

Rangers V Hearts

Carlos cuilar or berra?

Ferguson or kingston?

Burke or Driver? (well oh..maybe driver)

and they will keep adding....

I think we are about 15 players and possibly a management structure off being able to challenge the Old Firm.

In the summer of 2005 we had guys like Fyssas, Jankauskas, Skacel, Hartley, Pressley, Webster, Gordon all internationals playing well at that point in their careers. Our squad is nothing like that now, only Kingston comes close to that kind of quality.

Frankenstein Jambo.
In the summer of 2005 we had guys like Fyssas, Jankauskas, Skacel, Hartley, Pressley, Webster, Gordon all internationals playing well at that point in their careers. Our squad is nothing like that now, only Kingston comes close to that kind of quality.

Kingston is not and never will be the player Paul Hartley was.

Miller Jambo 60

Dont think we will see the lightning of 05 but fancy us for 2nd why i love hearts and i wish for wins every week

Drylaw Hearts
Dont think we will see the lightning of 05 but fancy us for 2nd why i love hearts and i wish for wins every week

:)

Guest juvehearts

no,

simple really, hearts have no strength in depth, a leader or any sort of orginsation on the field.

we need leaders in the dressing room & its the same squad from last season.

vlad MUST invest heavily in the team if we are to even get into the top 3.

remember we just finished 8th last season.

Frankenstein Jambo.

As much as i appreciate your enthusiasm i just can't see us even making the top six in our current state.

Is 2-3 months all it takes you to forget how poor we were last season?

No new signings, Lith dross re-signed on 1 year deals and an unproven manager in Scottish Football....top 6 will be good going.

for me i cant beleive again till next season

this season will have to include:

5 or 6 quality signings (lith or not - i dont care, must be quality)

not shooting ourselves in the foot

3rd place

consistent team selections based on form

getting rid of some of the dead wood

then, maybe then, we can start to believe again

Playing-wise: basically the same squad that finished 8th under a new manager who may or may not be able to motivate the players and may or be not be able to pick his own team. Some committee failures still hanging around on the staff too.

So a resounding no there.

JKB-wise: please God, no.

Frankenstein Jambo.
for me i cant beleive again till next season

this season will have to include:

5 or 6 quality signings (lith or not - i dont care, must be quality)

not shooting ourselves in the foot

3rd place

consistent team selections based on form

getting rid of some of the dead wood

then, maybe then, we can start to believe again

Apoligise now! :)

shaun.lawson

Never mind 'Believe!' - if this season is one in which mere 'Hope' returns, that'd do me. And if we end up 3rd, I'll be jumping around like a demented hyena. But one step at a time, WK.

I'm far more optimistic about this season than I was about the last one but we are far from a "Believe" period. We've not even signed any players yet (other than Obua if he gets a work permit).

Far too early too tell how we're going to do.

hearts_crazy

I believe.

I believe that as soon as hearts start picking up in form and stringing a few results together Vlad will do something unbelievably random and stupid and we will struggle to maintain the momentum.

I believe the roller coaster is on the up slope at the moment but just wait for that hair raising plunge round the next bend, wheeeeeeee!

I believe that I will still support Hearts regardless.

I believe that anyone who does actually 'believe' is a gullible plum

If we are in the top 3 come May THEN I will believe, not one second before.

Not for me im afraid and as previously mentioned we have the same group of players as we finished with last season. The only difference now is we have a manager who the players seem to like. He might bring the best out of the likes of miko, stewart chesney etc. these players have shown in the past that they are decent and can cause the opposition problems. Will vlad keep his hands offf...?

Nucky Thompson
believe?

Aye right, we're ****e!

Hibs are going down:107years:

The OP isn't saying we will win the league, only that are we in a position to replicate Autumn 2005.

Who knows? Our fixtures don't look too bad on paper, however we MUST get at least one new striker in.

Playing Rangers (albeit away) 2nd game of the season is not necessarily a bad thing. I still think that although we are lacking in some aspects of our squad, with proper management we should see better perfomances (pre-season perhaps scotches that myth I am clinging to though).

So, perhaps not quite a "believe" scenario, but more than capable of getting a very good start to the season.

God I ****ing hope not!! Blind faith/belief gets you absolutely nowhere!!

But I do hope we're at the start or a more positive period for the Club.

Toxteth O'Grady

We haven't beaten anyone in pre-season apart from a team of German amateurs, we have continued to struggle to score goals.

Unless we sign a decent striker I can't be very optimistic about this season.

Your right, because he is such a different footballer altogether they can't be compared.

Kingston struggles with effort & attitude a lot of the time, what was Hartley's problem before Levein gave him a kick up the backside again??

:confused:

Kingston is, potentially, the most talented footballer in the league in my opinion, he just needs to get his finger out and stop the playacting!

sorry off topic but that is a bloody quality clip!! As soon as he starts the 'saying' you can see he has no idea what the 'saying' is! Twonk lol

I dont think we wil trouble the OF this year but with a few good signings we may yet have a good season. :)

The Real Maroonblood

No. Same s**t different period.

Guest jambomickey

i'm confident we'll finish 3rd! csaba seems to know what he wants and i think romanov now realises his way doesn't work and he needs to trust his manager. before the transfer window shuts i'd expect 4 or 5 quality signings

Miller Jambo 60
believe?

Aye right, we're ****e!

Jamie as i love speedway you are off the mark

Ma Ha sorry Ha ha

Miller Jambo 60
We haven't beaten anyone in pre-season apart from a team of German amateurs, we have continued to struggle to score goals.

Unless we sign a decent striker I can't be very optimistic about this season.

like hibs 000000000000000 NO GOALS MIXSO

sell your tic mate you are a waste of space

sandyseymour

in terms of hard work yes....ability noooooo:)

Toxteth O'Grady
like hibs 000000000000000 NO GOALS MIXSO

sell your tic mate you are a waste of space

Thanks for your thoughtful answer Doug

Out of interest who do you think will be our top scorer this season and how many goals do you think they will score?

MA HA GORGIE RULE

Archived