Celtic to Hearts

Chubb

Can anybody settle an argument?

Who was the last person to move directly from Darkheid to Tynie? I said Mahe in 2000.

Thoughts?

cobbyshambles

did darren jackson come from celtic to hearts too or was he somewhere after celtic?

mahe 2001 i think, Jackson signed in 1999 IIRC, from Celtic after spending time on loan at Coventry

did darren jackson come from celtic to hearts too or was he somewhere after celtic?

He did but Im sure he signed under JJ in the 99/00 season so would be before Mahe.

As a side, who do you think has been the best left back in the last 10 years. Gary Naysmith, Takis or Mahe???

Hagar the Horrible

Others of note were

Whittaker

JC

Roddie the Proddy

Mahe

Conn

I am sure there has bee a good few others

Who do you think the best player is that we signed from the Old Firm?

Off the top of my head, John Colquhoun and/or Annti Niemi.

He did but Im sure he signed under JJ in the 99/00 season so would be before Mahe.

As a side, who do you think has been the best left back in the last 10 years. Gary Naysmith, Takis or Mahe???

Both Naysmith and Takis are in a class of their own, but i would say Fyass for around total class !

I would agree with you Boris, but as the better buy I would say Niemi for ?400,000 was a bargain!

Paisley Jambo

Both good but also liked Sandy Clark.:)

Most important signings from OF ever Alex Macdonald and Sandy Jardine.:):)

I'M IBRAHIM TALL
Others of note were

Whittaker

JC

Roddie the Proddy

Mahe

Conn

I am sure there has bee a good few others

Zico Kidd IIRC

I remember Mahe scoring one absolute beauty in a mid-week game, cant remember who it was against (possibly Aberdeen) but he was about 30yards out and hit it soo sweetly into the top left corner...

Hagar the Horrible

Intersting to note that Mike Galloway and Tosh McKinley both past their best went to Celtic for a total of ?850k, and ended up being capped for Scotland just because they were in a grey and green jersey? Still good business from Hearts:)

Intersting to note that Mike Galloway and Tosh McKinley both past their best went to Celtic for a total of ?850k, and ended up being capped for Scotland just because they were in a grey and green jersey? Still good business from Hearts:)

I'm sure Tosh signed for Smelltic and was immediatley in the next Scotland squad despite not having yet played for his new club.

My brother heard at the time that the very day Billy McNeil phoned Wallace Mercer about buying Galloway Mercer was arranging to offload him to Barnsley or somebody for about 50 grand due to his excessive drinking!! Splendid bit of business.

Broxburn Jambo

Big Slim became the perfect partner for CL

Buffalo Bill

DJ was actually signed towards the end of the 98/99 season, and to confirm: Mahe was signed at the start of 2001/02.

Sorry. I'm a Virgo.

Buffalo Bill

Both Naysmith and Takis are in a class of their own, but i would say Fyass for around total class !

Def takis for me. what a total legend. he loved playing at tynie and gave 100% every game. i remember having ?2 on him when he scored his only goal for us. 40/1 i got. I cant remember who that was against either but it was at tynie :)

Def takis for me. what a total legend. he loved playing at tynie and gave 100% every game. i remember having ?2 on him when he scored his only goal for us. 40/1 i got. I cant remember who that was against either but it was at tynie :)

Motherwell or Dundee Utd iirc.

Edit: London Hearts confirms it as Motherwell.

john the jambo
Bobby Prentice :mj_zivili:

had a pint with him last night

in the coach and horses in

dalkeith

Gordon Durie or Derek Ferguson?

Winston Ingram

Zico had been freed by Celtic when we signed him.. think he was only an S Form there.

Why no mention of Shuggie Burns?! Thrown into a swap deal (Big Slim?) because Rangers wanted shot of him!

Mahe did a great job. Owned a boozer in Glasgow which wasnt such a success, though!

Glesga Jambo

Best player we ever sold to a biggot brother was Alan McClaren. What a plater he was for us and could have been.

Perth to Paisley
I'm sure Ormond signed Walter from Newtongrange Star?

We did.

Think he was on a 's' form and loaned out to 'them' though.

Still see him now and again in Fergusson the Bakers!

Peter Olivers Army

Chris Robertson.

Because it encouraged his brother to sign for us.

Archived