new main stand

Guest jambomickey

Guest jambomickey

who's still confident the new main stand will be built? after romanovs comment today there appears to be some sort of problem! the longer it drags on the more doubtfull i get about it ever happening

jackjambo22
who's still confident the new main stand will be built? after romanovs comment today there appears to be some sort of problem! the longer it drags on the more doubtfull i get about it ever happening

It's frustrating to say the least

But the politician's are holding it back imo

I genuinely believe Romanov wants the stand and now but is being held back time and time again

But if their is no positive news by the end of the season then i dont see it sadly

heartsfc_fan

I don't see why we can't (in the mean time) fill in the Gorgie and Wheatfield corner or something. Make it look better and give an extra 1,500 seats...

Well, probably better doing that when the team start winning......:rolleyes:

It'll never happen, seen lots of different proposals on the new stand for years, none of which has happened. It's all pie in the sky and I always thought this latest one was too.

Ibrahim Tall
I don't see why we can't (in the mean time) fill in the Gorgie and Wheatfield corner or something. Make it look better and give an extra 1,500 seats...

Well, probably better doing that when the team start winning......:rolleyes:

We'd still need to get planning permission for that though, which is the main problem thats holding the current plans back.

This is the current situation with the planning applicaton. (hot off the press today so to speak).

Previously the Council asked Hearts for an extension in time (to Aug 08) as they required more information whilst processing the application - Pedro Lopez/Hearts agreed the ext but the council are still waiting on Pedro to deliver the outstanding information.

Pedro is seemingly holding things up - one reason is the trams issue re cost as this is one of the main areas of disagreement between Hearts & Council.

As things stand we are at a standstill but the willingness for the council to approve application is being tested to the max.

This information is spot on.

Pants Shaton

This is the litmus test as far as Romanov's intentions for our club go.

If the will exists to build it - it will happen.

If the will doesn't - expect more claims of obstruction from the council and others - just as our footballing failures are the result of agents, referees, Elvis, the press and Burley.

Auld Reekin'

I never was, and have heard nothing recently to make me more so.

This is the litmus test as far as Romanov's intentions for our club go.

If the will exists to build it - it will happen.

If the will doesn't - expect more claims of obstruction from the council and others - just as our footballing failures are the result of agents, referees, Elvis, the press and Burley.

GMAN

This is something I repeatedly touched on - the Council are willing but if it never happens it will be down to Hearts/VR and no-one else.

Serious doubts will remain about Vladimir Romanov until this stand is built.

It is as simple as that.

Probably because of the big upright girder that's holding up the ends of the Gorgie and Wheatfield roofs

I've heard today from a Hibee that the estimated cost of their new stand has gone up from 6M to 9M pounds. The reason, the cost of steel at the moment.

If true it could have a knock on effect for Tynecastle as well.

I've heard today from a Hibee that the estimated cost of their new stand has gone up from 6M to 9M pounds. The reason, the cost of steel at the moment.

If true it could have a knock on effect for Tynecastle as well.

The cost of steel is rising rapidly at the moment due to the demand for it from China & India. This means that construction companies are getting jobs started asap as to get the steel ordered before further increases. Any delays to the main stand will mean the cost will be rising.

Pants Shaton
The cost of steel is rising rapidly at the moment due to the demand for it from China & India. This means that construction companies are getting jobs started asap as to get the steel ordered before further increases. Any delays to the main stand will mean the cost will be rising.

Romanov owns an aluminium factory - the new stand can be built from tin foil at a fraction of the cost.

This is the current situation with the planning applicaton. (hot off the press today so to speak).

Previously the Council asked Hearts for an extension in time (to Aug 08) as they required more information whilst processing the application - Pedro Lopez/Hearts agreed the ext but the council are still waiting on Pedro to deliver the outstanding information.

Pedro is seemingly holding things up - one reason is the trams issue re cost as this is one of the main areas of disagreement between Hearts & Council.

As things stand we are at a standstill but the willingness for the council to approve application is being tested to the max.

And meanwhile Romanov suggests to anyone daft enough to listen that the opposite is the case.

Era Macaroons

Good to have a poster with his finger on the Pulse :rolleyes:

As well as the question of when will we get a new stand, how much longer will we be able to use the OLD main stand?

Surely it will be condemned soon! its on its last legs.

Era Macaroons
I thought that there was no chance the old main stand would get a safety certificate when the current one expires?

If so, we're going to have to build something!

Any idea when current certificate expires?

loveofthegame

I've always said, and i stick by it, i won't believe it until the old stands knocked down and the 1st bricks layed for the new stand.

'Talk is cheap'

BobbyJenkins
I've always said, and i stick by it, i won't believe it until the old stands knocked down and the 1st bricks layed for the new stand.

'Talk is cheap'

Yup that was a really cheap planning application process for Hearts...

Any idea when current certificate expires?

I honestly thought it was 2008. I am sure in May 2005 it was given 3 years. I honestly thought it's time was up!

Maybe a special request was made to extend this period but I was told at the time that it would be difficult to pass another H&S inspection.

Regardless I cannot it see it being in use the season after next.

Guest JamboRobbo
I honestly thought it was 20089.

We've got a few centuries yet then. Nothing to worry about. :P

We've got a few centuries yet then. Nothing to worry about. :P

Christ - your quick. I edited it within minutes.

Era Macaroons
I honestly thought it was 20089.

Ah well, times on our side ;)

we obviously dont want to be in the position of old stand being condemned and new stand stuck in planning application red tape.

I believe the new stand will materialise and could be a huge factor in propelling Hearts back to the big stage.

P.S. not quick enough, as per usual

I've asked this before but not had an answer(not that I know of) are they allowed to build a hotel without the stand or is it one job-lot so to speak,can one be built without the other?

heartsfc_fan
I've asked this before but not had an answer(not that I know of) are they allowed to build a hotel without the stand or is it one job-lot so to speak,can one be built without the other?

Quite....Why not get the blooooody stand up first, then maybe a season or two after the hotel...:rolleyes:

Era Macaroons

not sure about hotel

but new stand better be rammed with bars for fans, decent food outlets (not the rubbish dished out currently), merchandising the lot....like every other clued up club offers.

not sure about hotel

but new stand better be rammed with bars for fans, decent food outlets (not the rubbish dished out currently), merchandising the lot....like every other clued up club offers.

Can only think of "legends" at EEP that has a fans bar in their main stand.

Era Macaroons
Can only think of "legends" at EEP that has a fans bar in their main stand.

Try visiting some of the new main stands in Engurland or on the continent.

Its the way forward, and huge revenue makers for the clubs.

Try visiting some of the new main stands in Engurland or on the continent.

Its the way forward, and huge revenue makers for the clubs.

Aye,just after I posted that I was going to say in Scotland,thing is in England and the rest of Europe,I think they have very different laws about alcohol than up here.

Era Macaroons
Aye,just after I posted that I was going to say in Scotland,thing is in England and the rest of Europe,I think they have very different laws about alcohol than up here.

Drinks can be purchased in the Robertson lounge and consumed in corporate facilities at present, they may well just have to prevent folk from taking drinks to their seats to stay within the law (but not sure on this).

There was talk about our alcohol laws being reassessed in this era of seated stadia.....I hope it can be done.

Drinks can be purchased in the Robertson lounge and consumed in corporate facilities at present, they may well just have to prevent folk from taking drinks to their seats to stay within the law (but not sure on this).

There was talk about our alcohol laws being reassessed in this era of seated stadia.....I hope it can be done.

Yes but they are corporate as you say,if there was bars allowed at the stadia for joe bloggs fans then I'm sure the OF would have had them by now.

Legends is a members lounge but you can apply for admission before and after the game( had a good day/night there the last time I was there),after 6-7 o'clock it becomes a normal boozer on match day's.

Hearts submitted one application but in 2 stages.

1st stage = stand.

2nd stage = hotel, retail development, flats.

Not sure if it answers your question though.

Archived