Rangers V Kaunas: Match Thread

Praha06

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The way I see it, if Kaunas get past Rangers then they are one tie away from the glamorous group stages, so there is no chance of the mad one breaking up the team.

When they get dumped out however, well I think we know the rest. :(

1-1 in Kaunas, mark my words.

Pillybiter MOM too from what my hun father in law said.

With your track record then that's 3-0 to kaunus then! ;)

The way I see it, if Kaunas get past Rangers then they are one tie away from the glamorous group stages, so there is no chance of the mad one breaking up the team.

(

You've got a short memory. That's a bit like saying he wouldn't sack a Manager after an unbeaten start to the season:wacko:

rudi must stay
I think we will get Mendy at Hearts.

depends on the second leg. If they win then i think they'll try and keep their best players for the next qualifying round

Jan 2007 0-0

May 2004 1-0 (Hamill).

Can't remember the first one for the life of me but you are probably right. I think I may have missed that game.

chester copperpot
With your track record then that's 3-0 to kaunus then! ;)

Very true.

Bassa. ;)

Walter Kidd

Didn't certain posters on here decry the "Pyramid of ****e" quite loudly?

Might just be me.

Seen as the Hibees have shut down their forums, I can recommend Rangers TV right now for some evening entertainment. :)

When they get dumped out however, well I think we know the rest. :(

They would land into the UEFA cup so doubt that any players would be moved.

chester copperpot
They would land into the UEFA cup so doubt that any players would be moved.

Is this not round 2, thought it was round 3 they get Uefa cup entry?

Harry Palmer

Read above CC, KisLas was replying to somone that suggested that if Kaunas gubbed Rankgers they would be in the 3rd round... after that UEFA Cup.....

Saying that I thought FBK were the height of CRAP?!:)

Imeantasong
Can't remember the first one for the life of me but you are probably right. I think I may have missed that game.

It was one where Bazza booted the ball 300 feet in the air in frustration at the end.

jamboinglasgow

Just got a text from my Rangers mad mate asking me what the score is as he is currently in New York. Had great pleasure in telling him the score.

It's not a result that should be emphasised on.

However it's a good result for Kaunas and Lithuania as a whole. It shows that the gap beetween Scottish and Lithuanian football isn't that big as maybe some thought. Certainly not the same as it was 5-8 years ago when Rangers won 4-1 and Celtic won 5-0 on aggregate.

I think that Rangers will probably progress anyway, since Kaunas need an excellent performance coupled with good luck to do it, and speaking of bad omens that wasn't the case when Smith was last time around in that stadium (Lithuania-Scotland obviously).

But after this result the stadium should be packed, and I think Kaunas are certainly capable of scoring (mind you they did that against Liverpool when they were reigning champs). The question is how they defence will hold up, since it isn't too solid this season. If Rangers score first then it's game over.

By the way if someone followed this week I said that keeper Marian Kello is a possible Hearts addition. Well after this match it's much more possible :) Unless of course Kaunas make it through and need him.

Ron Burgundy

Just in from the boozer and found out the result.From a Hearts perspective and a Scottish non old firm perspective that is a superb result.

Anyone who is unhappy with that result is not a Jambo.

FTOF.

Will Rangers cancel the friendly with Liverpool on Saturday to prepare for the massively important 2nd leg ? Or maybe they will ask UEFA to extend the pre season !! ;)

Jam Tarts 1874
Me too mate, it's mixed emotions, half of me wants to pish myself and the other half envisages an influx of Liths now to us now :confused:

If Kaunas knock out Rangers it would suggest to most objective observers that Kaunas are a better team and have better players than Hearts, so why not have one or two of their players?

Considering that you don't have any strikers(maybe Christian and Juho would disagree), i think that Gigalevičius will come to Tynecastle. He is very quick, stocky, combative and has a shot

Archived