We have no Strikeforce

Jocam2325

Such is the non existent state of out strike force at present that I wish we had tried to sign Stevie Lovell.

He appears to be on his way to Falkirk.

He is a distinctly average football player but one who, sadly, would improve the quality of out strikeforce.

Mole and Makela are simply never going to be good enough. Elliot was utterly dire last season and Nade, well, utter disgrace the effort he has given since he arrived at the club. An unfit professional footballer over that period of time.

Glen is too young to be given the expectation to lead our attack.

Such if the dire state of out attacking options, Stevie Lovell would be a better bet. But we didn't look at him. Why. Well he's an SPL player and we just don't seem to look at them anymore. He'd probably tell us to bolt anyway.

No doubt we'll sign some unknown from Lithuania or Botswana or Greenland.

Excellent. Perhaps Makela will come good once he's had the run of games many want him to have.

Romanov, let us sign some players that have a track record not more dross.

ive got a feeling it will be makela and mole upfront for our 1st game. unless 1 of the kaunas strikers doesnt go home and just pops along the m8 after tonights game!!:mad:

who cares about Lovell, I want his bird Amy Macdonald

I'd shoot it in her net

I'm in love with the wee trollop!

0000145338_350.jpg

the voice from above
Such is the non existent state of out strike force at present that I wish we had tried to sign Stevie Lovell.

He appears to be on his way to Falkirk.

He is a distinctly average football player but one who, sadly, would improve the quality of out strikeforce.

Mole and Makela are simply never going to be good enough. Elliot was utterly dire last season and Nade, well, utter disgrace the effort he has given since he arrived at the club. An unfit professional footballer over that period of time.

Glen is too young to be given the expectation to lead our attack.

Such if the dire state of out attacking options, Stevie Lovell would be a better bet. But we didn't look at him. Why. Well he's an SPL player and we just don't seem to look at them anymore. He'd probably tell us to bolt anyway.

No doubt we'll sign some unknown from Lithuania or Botswana or Greenland.

Excellent. Perhaps Makela will come good once he's had the run of games many want him to have.

Romanov, let us sign some players that have a track record not more dross.

He is distinctly average, but he wouldn't improve **** all.

Why didn't we try sign him? Because we have slightly more ambition than those ****ing half a stadium *******s!

Jesus, Steve Lovell? The answer to our prayers? Some people are completely retarded.

Answer to our prayers, no.

Better than what we have - quite possibly.

There are vast numbers of these sorts of players available who would improve our squad.

Somebody this morning pointed out Jim Hamilton - he would improve our squad.

sergent garcia

"barcelona atletic" just realised on free J. E. Guerra top striker of last season... so vlad pls take a look:)

I've said it loads of times and i'll say it again, there's plenty players around that could do a job for us, particlarly young players, Allan Gow, Noel Hunt(too fekin late now!), Marius Niculae(still a chance his move might be off according to a paper this morning), Richard Offiong at Hamilton(only 24, worth a shot), even other positions, Darren Barr, Scott Arfield at Falkirk, James McCarthy's being touted for big things, Ross McCormack(too late yet again!!), Mark Reynolds, Andy Jackson at St Johnstone. There's also a few in the English Championship worth a look at, and Grzegorz Szamotulski for goalie, freed from Preston. You could even throw in Willo Flood and Morgaro Gomis at Dundee Utd and we need a left-back, shame Kristian Kalvanes isn't at Dundee Utd anymore. So as you see, there's plenty, shame our useless scouts can't get off their backsides and do the job they're paid for!

He is distinctly average, but he wouldn't improve **** all.

Why didn't we try sign him? Because we have slightly more ambition than those ****ing half a stadium *******s!

Jesus, Steve Lovell? The answer to our prayers? Some people are completely retarded.

We have slightly more ambition I agree. Slightly better players at present.. very debatable. Who do we have that is better up front than Lovell. I never said he was answer to our prayers, but certainly worth a try. My 7 year old likes using the word "retarded".

I tell him its an awful word and that people who use it know no better.

the voice from above
I've said it loads of times and i'll say it again, there's plenty players around that could do a job for us, particlarly young players, Allan Gow, Noel Hunt(too fekin late now!), Marius Niculae(still a chance his move might be off according to a paper this morning), Richard Offiong at Hamilton(only 24, worth a shot), even other positions, Darren Barr, Scott Arfield at Falkirk, James McCarthy's being touted for big things, Ross McCormack(too late yet again!!), Mark Reynolds, Andy Jackson at St Johnstone. There's also a few in the English Championship worth a look at, and Grzegorz Szamotulski for goalie, freed from Preston. You could even throw in Willo Flood and Morgaro Gomis at Dundee Utd and we need a left-back, shame Kristian Kalvanes isn't at Dundee Utd anymore. So as you see, there's plenty, shame our useless scouts can't get off their backsides and do the job they're paid for!

some of these players might improve our squad as of now, but signing them imo show's no ambition whatsoever.

of the viable options, with the exception of Gow + Szamotulski, i see no point.

the squad needs to be smaller not bigger so why invest in more of the same?

some of these players might improve our squad as of now, but signing them imo show's no ambition whatsoever.

of the viable options, with the exception of Gow + Szamotulski, i see no point.

the squad needs to be smaller not bigger so why invest in more of the same?

Rubbish. The squad needs to be better.

Sending over an endless stream of hopeless Lithuanians and so far signing nobody that is yet eligible shows exactly what. Ambition! Desperation more like.

I'd take just about any of the players previously mentioned.

the voice from above
Rubbish. The squad needs to be better.

Sending over an endless stream of hopeless Lithuanians and so far signing nobody that is yet eligible shows exactly what. Ambition! Desperation more like.

I'd take just about any of the players previously mentioned.

Desperation is battling it out with bloody Falkirk for players...

I've yet to see any recent stream of Lithuanian pish flying over and do believe the manager has been in the job **** all time for making signings.

I reckon giving the man a chance is a better bet than lamenting the loss of Steve 'I'm slightly better than Jamie Mole' Lovell ?

If he'd arrived, assessed the squad and thought, I know who we need, Steve Lovell, I would have been extremely disappointed.

Scrambling around trying to sign players from other SPL teams will only maintain us at that level. IMO the best players we could sign most of us will never have heard of. I'd much prefer players who're unknown but good to ones who we know but are average.

Desperation is battling it out with bloody Falkirk for players...

I've yet to see any recent stream of Lithuanian pish flying over and do believe the manager has been in the job **** all time for making signings.

I reckon giving the man a chance is a better bet than lamenting the loss of Steve 'I'm slightly better than Jamie Mole' Lovell ?

If he'd arrived, assessed the squad and thought, I know who we need, Steve Lovell, I would have been extremely disappointed.

Scrambling around trying to sign players from other SPL teams will only maintain us at that level. IMO the best players we could sign most of us will never have heard of. I'd much prefer players who're unknown but good to ones who we know but are average.

You say average but what about potential? A lot of these players are being looked at by other clubs, Old Firm and some premiership teams. We've lost out on bringing in players with potential in the past and I can never understand why Hearts shouldn't cash in on them for good transfer fees in the future. I'm not saying we should be signing all, or even any of them, simply asking why we don't seem to have a scouting system like some of the other clubs have, lots have looked at them and are keeping an eye on their progress, we're not even quoted! As for your point on them not really improving the squad, well... i'd take a good load of them and get shot of the wasters that helped us finnish 8th last season, no point naming them, we all know who they are. We do need to reduce the wage bill to help with the debt problems but, let's be honest, there's not a lot of clubs sniffing around OUR players yet Falkirk players are getting watched pretty regularly by all and sundry, snap them up, hope their potential comes through then sell them on and reduce the debts at the same time.

Just seen the highlights from last night and...... - oh, here goes* - I think Itchy is, sometimes, a not bad midfield player* - but he COULD play as a striker, takes goals pretty well and looks more direct than anybody else we have.

Is he worth a shot in a new position? **

*Two cardinal JKB sins in one paragraph.

**Then a 3rd!

the voice from above
You say average but what about potential? A lot of these players are being looked at by other clubs, Old Firm and some premiership teams. We've lost out on bringing in players with potential in the past and I can never understand why Hearts shouldn't cash in on them for good transfer fees in the future. I'm not saying we should be signing all, or even any of them, simply asking why we don't seem to have a scouting system like some of the other clubs have, lots have looked at them and are keeping an eye on their progress, we're not even quoted! As for your point on them not really improving the squad, well... i'd take a good load of them and get shot of the wasters that helped us finnish 8th last season, no point naming them, we all know who they are. We do need to reduce the wage bill to help with the debt problems but, let's be honest, there's not a lot of clubs sniffing around OUR players yet Falkirk players are getting watched pretty regularly by all and sundry, snap them up, hope their potential comes through then sell them on and reduce the debts at the same time.

OK I wasn't saying scouting in Scotland is a complete right off, more specifically that Steve Lovell is no improvement and we shouldn't bother our arse when we have younger, equally good players who, now that they're receiving actual coaching (fingers crossed) will be at least to his standards.

Not being quoted in the press isn't really a fair assesment of any clubs scouting network. Alex Ferguson could be personally tracking a player game after game and the idiots we call journos could miss it.

As for clearing out the deadwood and bringing in a raft of others, how exactly do we do that? Offer their current clubs straight swaps? Changing a squad to the extent that is required needs at least one of two things, time and money. We don't want to start spending outwith ourselves again and we've had an actual manager for about 12 days... Patience.

Of course if Steve Lovell bangs in 35 goals and helps Falkirk split the OF ;) then I'll have to get a new username :)

Archived