any1 dreading this season?

jamborleystatto

jamborleystatto

after watching pre season games on hearts world,seeing the lack of new players and the fact we were woefully short last term it aint rocket science we cood be up the creek.im alarmed at our defensive play pre season and frankly if we start season with makala and mole up front where the hell are we heading.we need 4 good players to push for top 4.simple as.

Colonel Kurtz

Shabba is starting to sound like a stuck record,frankly I dont care how tough it was in whatever east euro shethole he came from,or if they never had electricity

I dont care what lessons he has learned in life,or how important positive body language is.

He is described in the press as "likeable",so was shaggy

I wouls rather have a moaning faced Scottish barsteward,who lived next to a power station and hasnt read an eighties "Life Coaching" book but will win things.

Am not dreading this season mainly because am not expecting much from it. If we get ourselves top 6 and see a gradual improvement in performances, then I think we have to be happy. Any more would just be a bonus in my opinion this season. :)

200milesfromgorgie

Csaba is not gonna get Hearts to storm the SPL or anything. But i do think he is gonna start getting the team playing again and build the 'foundations'. we have fallen along way over the past 2 seasons so its gonna be a long way up. Pre seasons never bring anything magical to the games. I'm sure new faces will be here in time for the Well game. Looking at the match reports goals are the big isssue so if we get some strikers in then im sure we'll se this impprovement.

Just hold on erveything will be OK.

I'm more worried about the usual suspects hanging around, at last nights game there was Vlad, Rodney, Valdas & Angel. All we need is mad Eddie to complete the set.

Beginning to look more and more that Csaba was the one willing to 'work under the conditions' :(

i was thinking about this coming into work this morning. we have signed one playera nd possibly another (tullberg?). they are both injured...great. We need more qulaity. a week and a hlf before the start of the season and it seems we are no stronger than we were at the end of last. Csaba seems to be talking a good game but i am still very concerned

after watching pre season games on hearts world,seeing the lack of new players and the fact we were woefully short last term it aint rocket science we cood be up the creek.im alarmed at our defensive play pre season and frankly if we start season with makala and mole up front where the hell are we heading.we need 4 good players to push for top 4.simple as.

Not at all, infact I've never felt more motivated since Burley left the club. Whoever thinks we are going to have a Burley type start at the season may as well stay at home coz most fans can't be a*sed with another season of people moaning and booing for the entire 90 mins. However I believe in this guy Csaba, he is saying the right things and he is installing the basics back at the club. If I see 11 players working for eachother and the right to wear the famous maroon jersey that will do me after last season. I want those players crossing the white line giving a 100% and I have a feeling we will get that this season. To be honest I'm amazed people are reading too much into these friendly results, every game has had a number of young players playing and I think we can expect a more experienced and settled team come the Hull game. C'mon lads - lets stick TOGETHER instead of rambling on like the fuds on hibs.net!!

We are the Hearts, we are the Hearts, we are we are we are the Hearts!

I am fascinated about what is going to happen this year.

Could go so many ways.

Laszlo could be a proper independent manager, who finally gets something out of the prima donnas and chooses the team on the basis of trying to win games/trophies. He could bring in players through his contacts in unconventional areas.

Or he could be the latest patsy, brought in as the public face of the committee. If this is the case and it is uncovered will it be the last straw for the fans?

Also, will there be a cancellation of the stadium project?

I really reckon our season hinges on the next few days and week building up to the start of the season.

We could get new signings and with them lith duds.

This will prove that csaba is going to be corrupted long term.

There will be new signings and no liths but zalclueless will start the campaign.

We really need a experienced centre half and a goalscorer.

Time will tell I suppose

I am very pessimistic right now.

The Old Tolbooth

If we were still bowling along like a rudderless ship like we were 4 or 5 weeks ago, then yes I would be watching games through my fingers, but now we seem to have a man in charge who can talk the talk, we just need to hope he can walk the walk.

I get the feeling if Obua gets the work permit then things might start to take off from there (how long do these things take anyway?). I see no need to get the knives out for Csaba just yet and we should be getting behind the guy and giving him at least until the first week in August (joke).

I just dont know whats going to happen, we could finish 3rd, we could finish 6th, who knows. If we are to make big improvements, we need at least another 4 players of good quality. Why do I get this feeling that we will be approaching the Motherwell game with no new signings.

slashishere
I just dont know whats going to happen, we could finish 3rd, we could finish 6th, who knows. If we are to make big improvements, we need at least another 4 players of good quality. Why do I get this feeling that we will be approaching the Motherwell game with no new signings.

is that not the point of football........that you just dont know??

quite frankly we are only in pre-season, we rarely do well in pre-season so what the big hoo ha all about..................

Buffalo Bill

Most Hearts fans I know are cautiously optimistic with the positive attitude and drive of the new manager and I feel the same.

All I ask is that the players give their all.

If you're sitting there in bits worried about the new season then chill out a bit. Csaba going to get the lads ready to perform. Ok, it might take a bit of time to build these guys back up again but he seems so determined that I for one trust him.

Just try and relax and remember what it is that makes you enjoy supporting Hearts.

donatella-versace-plastic-s.jpg

Buffalo Bill

Robbos Right Peg

With the same bunch of rubbish that couldn't beat the likes of Gretna last season who could possibly 'look forward' to the next 9 months. Doom and gloom merchant me I know but I hope to proved wrong but it's not looking good so far

Seymour M Hersh
Most Hearts fans I know are cautiously optimistic with the positive attitude and drive of the new manager and I feel the same.

If you're sitting there in bits worried about the new season then chill out a bit. Csaba going to get the lads ready to perform. Ok, it might take a bit of time to build these guys back up again but he seems so determined that I for one trust him.

Just try and relax and remember what it is that makes you enjoy supporting Hearts.

donatella-versace-plastic-s.jpg

Buffalo Bill

BB you really need to get over your fixation with that obscretion!!:eek::eek:

hearts_crazy

Quite the opposite. Pre season games results mean sod all. What I have taken from the pre season games is that we appear to be playing a passing game and carving out a lot of chances. It is of some concern that we appear to still have no-one who can actually put the chances away but I see no reason to push the panic button just yet.

There have been improvements in the way they train, the way they work together as a team, the tactics have been changed, the lazy ones have been identified by the Manager and he seems keen to either weed them out or stick a rocket up their erse. Communication from the club is the best it's been for quite some time now too.

Get a couple of Strikers in as an absolute priority and a coach to work with them and I will be itching for the season to start.

For those on this thread who are at this very moment cracking open a bottle of Valium, calm down, it's only pre-season, we are still experimenting with personnel and formations and the transfer window isn't closed for quite a while yet. I expect to see our strongest possible side, all very much up for it against Motherwell, and to be honest if we get that then I will know for sure that things have changed.

IMO Csaba got the job for a reason. Vlad wanted him to have it. That alarms me. I don't think much will have changed. Positive noises are coming out the club but I just don't buy it. We desperately need quality players because many of the current squad are of desperate quality.

I hope I am wrong but I feel that Romanov is a cancer. We are spending nothing on players. When was the last time we brought in a decent Scottish player. That's how our club should be run. Not with the succession of sub standard players that we are curently subjected to.

I am dreading this season, not from the point of view that we might be poor but from the point of view that If I don't see some more honesty and integrity in the way the club is operated, it'll be my last season ticket till things change.

I truly hope Csaba is allowed to try and do the job to the best of his ability.

Stewart MacD

Certainly - if sentence structure doesn't improve.

On the footballing side, I'm in a better frame of mind than I was last year.

Robbos Right Peg

I truly hope Csaba is allowed to try and do the job to the best of his ability.

Which I fear is limited

I'm looking forward to the coming season.

The last two have provided an extreme expectation correction and I'm going to savour the victories we do get.

Hopefully some youth establish themselves in the first team as a wee Brucie Bonus.

That's all.

Which I fear is limited

I suppose nobody really knows what ablity Csaba has and I would be delighted if we've found a coach with excellent skills but so long as Romanov forces players on managers and continues to interfere in the way that he has done (and will always do) then I can't get excited about watching Hearts.

TIme will tell, perhaps this season will be different.

Buffalo Bill

Interesting thread this, as there seems to be a lot of pre-season jitters going on.

Had we sneaked a win in the last game would that have really had made a difference?

I remember the pre-season results in 1987 when we lost games to the mighty 'Homburg' (no, not Hamburg) and Remsheild, and drawing with European giants 'Birkenfeld'.

A few months later we were topping the league with 17,000 plus crowds before finishing second to Celtic and above Souness' Rangers.

Or how about a 2-0 going on 6-0 defeat from Grimsby 10 years later? We only won the cup that season and could've won the league.

Pre-season results don't mean anything.

:confused:

Buffalo Bill

Interesting thread this, as there seems to be a lot of pre-season jitters going on.

Had we sneaked a win in the last game would that have really had made a difference?

I remember the pre-season results in 1987 when we lost games to the mighty 'Homburg' (no, not Hamburg) and Remsheild, and drawing with European giants 'Birkenfeld'.

A few months later we were topping the league with 17,000 plus crowds before finishing second to Celtic and above Souness' Rangers.

Or how about a 2-0 going on 6-0 defeat from Grimsby 10 years later? We only won the cup that season and could've won the league.

Buffalo Bill

We had Alex MacDonald and Jim Jefferies managing the teams in those pre-seasons. Good, proper managers in control of their teams. We also had owners who wanted the club to be successful.

Cut The Crap

It's folly to judge anyone solely on what they say or say they will do - especially anyone involved in this current Hearts setup.

Based on what little has actually happened since we last played a competitive match, I don't see much cause for optimism yet. So far it looks like the same old same old to me. CL sounded good at the start, but two weeks on little has changed and he is still saying exactly the same things. Perhaps he is only gradually coming to know the boundaries of his "authority".

The one positive that sticks out is the change in attitude of Berra, who appeared completely intent on leaving in June but now seems content to stay. On the face of it that reflects quite well on the new coach, although there might be other reasons behind it which we don't know about.

I'm looking forward to it, always do.

The correct answer to the original question is, hibs fans:)

Am I dreading this season? So far, yes. Despite the new manager (and his appearing to do all the right things so far), the quality of the squad is low and a real cause for concern IMO.

As someone said earlier, we seem to be no better off at the start of this season as we were at the end of last, which is a major concern for me. No less than 5 new faces I believe are needed to make any real steps in the right direction. I'm fully behind Shabba and don't blame him for any of this (obviously) but we desperately need more quality players brought in.

One of the best things he seems to have been doing, however, is instilling work-ethic and the desire to make an effort in the players, which was sorely lacking last season.

Guest JamboRobbo

If I was that easily pleased, I'd be cautiosly optomistic too. I think there's a decent chance the players will try their best.

I expect more than that from HMFC though. A lot more.

I'm happy and looking forward to the season.

No expectations really. Just a big improvement on last season will do me.

Oh, and more than 3 decent home games.

:)

I just dread every season with the lunatic on board.My patience has ran out with him and I can see more problems coming re the new stand and Csaba just about to get the fax machine handed over to him. I wonder how many more flops will be coming via Kaunas after tonight's match?? Even if Csaba gets off to a good start then how long would it be before the lunatic has to do something to destroy it all??

I haven't renewed my season ticket after over a decade of having one. Just can't have faith anymore with this crazy regime as it stinks.The club has suffered along with the fans who have been made to look like fools with this goat being at the helm!!:o:mad:

Buffalo Bill

I see what you are saying bill. i never go with pre season results either. managers try different thing and try players in different roles. I think the what people are trying to ay is that the quality of player we have is pretty poor going on last seasons performances. Obviously that may change with the new man at the helm.

we havent signed anybody to get excited about yet and we are only 10 days from starting the seaon.

What i do like tho is that the players seem to be enjoying things a bit more and seem very commited to csaba.

ernie winchester
With the same bunch of rubbish that couldn't beat the likes of Gretna last season who could possibly 'look forward' to the next 9 months. Doom and gloom merchant me I know but I hope to proved wrong but it's not looking good so far

Also the same "bunch of rubbish" that played Rangers off the park, put Celtic out the league cup, beat Hibs a couple of times and hammered the dons 4-1. Okay, we've lost Velicka but we're in the process of signing two - and African player of the year CAN'T be a bad player - and still plenty time left before the window closes. Add to that our manager has publicly stated we need players, including strikers.

We also appears we're more organised, disciplined and resembling something of a team, all things sadly lacking last season.

It may not be all rosy, but just maybe heading in the right direction, no?

Hopefully...

Pants Shaton

No, quite looking forward to it.

I'd prefer not to condemn Csaba before a competitive match has been played.

Robbos Right Peg
Also the same "bunch of rubbish" that played Rangers off the park, put Celtic out the league cup, beat Hibs a couple of times and hammered the dons 4-1. Okay, we've lost Velicka but we're in the process of signing two - and African player of the year CAN'T be a bad player - and still plenty time left before the window closes. Add to that our manager has publicly stated we need players, including strikers.

We also appears we're more organised, disciplined and resembling something of a team, all things sadly lacking last season.

Hopefully...

Being honest all these things happened before the sad end of season when the bunch of losers realised exactly that is what they are. I remember the first game against Hibs the new year against Dundee Utd. it's getting too painful now. The squad we have is not good enough and even 'the Chosen One' would struggle to get anything out of them.

sandyseymour
Being honest all these things happened before the sad end of season when the bunch of losers realised exactly that is what they are. I remember the first game against Hibs the new year against Dundee Utd. it's getting too painful now. The squad we have is not good enough and even 'the Chosen One' would struggle to get anything out of them.

agreed ...new players are a MUST......but will reserve judgement on Csaba's ability until the end of first quarter......he talks the talk tho' :)

Harry Kinnear

As long as the season lasts longer than last season i.e. 3 minutes and we can return to Fortress Tynecastle and if Csabo can get us trying, playing half decent football I'll be contented but perhaps not ecstatic. Cautiously optomistic unlike two years ago when I was recklessly optomistic

ernie winchester

I don't totally disagree with you as I suffered those games too. What I am saying is that, in general, things appear to be improving - at last - on a number of fronts, most notably in discipline, motivation and organisation. It's yet to be seen how tactically aware Csaba is, but key points are undoubtedly being addressed and there appears to be improvement in several areas, (areas that cost us dearly last season, in my opinion).

So, I'm looking forward to the new season with some optimism, but there again, I always do. Although we could certainly do with some added quality, I don't think some of our players are as bad as some people make out on here.

I am generally optimistic going into a new season (everyone starts on zero points, still in all the cups!) but I have never been more pessimistic going into a season in the 25 years I've supported HMFC. I can't help feeling there is more turmoil ahead and there always will be with Romanov at the helm. I would be surprised if the manager lasts the season.

I also think the squad lacks quality and character but 3 or 4 signings could make all the difference (I would like to see Scots brought in). I remember one pre-season when Levein was manager and the only midfielders we had on our books in late July were Severin and Simmons. A couple of signings later and we were on our way to 3rd place. Time will tell if Csaba has as good an eye for a player and is as good a manager as Levein, or if he is allowed to show us.

Fozzyonthefence

Hopefully...

Sorry to be pedantic, but we only beat Hibs once last season. In any case, a few decent recent results doesn't mean we are a decent team. Even Gretna managed to beat Dundee Utd twice last season - surely you're not going to argue that they weren't absolutely brutal?

ernie winchester
Sorry to be pedantic, but we only beat Hibs once last season. In any case, a few decent recent results doesn't mean we are a decent team. Even Gretna managed to beat Dundee Utd twice last season - surely you're not going to argue that they weren't absolutely brutal?

You're right, only once, apologies, but irrelevant with regards the rest of my post.

No, I'm not arguing that point, the performances were horrific at times, but I'm stating that I'm not "dreading this season" as was the OP's question, because I think considerable improvement is underway and there IS something to be positive about.

I also stated that I am always optimistic at the start of the season - that includes pre-seasons when we had been relegated - because if I sat and analysed everything with the typical pessimism that many on here do, I'd probably have thrown myself off a bridge many years ago.

Also, will there be a cancellation of the stadium project?

No it will be quietly forgotten and the Council will later be blamed for obstructing the development.

Francis Albert

If people are "dreading the season" because it might be an unsuccessful one or even that the team will be crap then unless you enjoy this feeling of dread, over forty years of experience suggest to me Hearts may not be the club for you. For me, watching, and supporting, a bad Hearts team still beats most other things in ife.

Era Macaroons
Not at all, infact I've never felt more motivated since Burley left the club. Whoever thinks we are going to have a Burley type start at the season may as well stay at home coz most fans can't be a*sed with another season of people moaning and booing for the entire 90 mins. However I believe in this guy Csaba, he is saying the right things and he is installing the basics back at the club. If I see 11 players working for eachother and the right to wear the famous maroon jersey that will do me after last season. I want those players crossing the white line giving a 100% and I have a feeling we will get that this season. To be honest I'm amazed people are reading too much into these friendly results, every game has had a number of young players playing and I think we can expect a more experienced and settled team come the Hull game. C'mon lads - lets stick TOGETHER instead of rambling on like the fuds on hibs.net!!

We are the Hearts, we are the Hearts, we are we are we are the Hearts!

Glad you posted!

Its the start of the season......all the teams line up together.all square.

Weve got what weve got. Now lets see what we can do with it.

With fans backing and encouragement we may well get of to a flyer, I still think we,ve as much chance to do well and compete as we always have. I dont fear anyone coming to Tynecastle......we can also beat any of them away.

I'm looking forward to of a couple of good cup runs as well. Hopefully get a nice we away trip somewhere differant.

We are HEARTS. nobody will relish playing us.... we can ALWAYS triumph.

Doom and gloom merchants....no sale here.

ernie winchester
If people are "dreading the season" because it might be an unsuccessful one or even that the team will be crap then unless you enjoy this feeling of dread, over forty years of experience suggest to me Hearts may not be the club for you. For me, watching, and supporting, a bad Hearts team still beats most other things in ife.

My own sentiments exactly.

Correct.

(I take it the last word was life and not fife?!):)

Miller Jambo 60
Shabba is starting to sound like a stuck record,frankly I dont care how tough it was in whatever east euro shethole he came from,or if they never had electricity

I dont care what lessons he has learned in life,or how important positive body language is.

He is described in the press as "likeable",so was shaggy

I wouls rather have a moaning faced Scottish barsteward,who lived next to a power station and hasnt read an eighties "Life Coaching" book but will win things.

Such a happy chap you must be a half empty bloke.

The season has not started but the bleating has.

Give the guy a chance FFS and try and support Hearts.

I know might be hard for you.

Cant wait for the Motherwell game and a win.

Bet you want us to lose and have a good moan:mad:

ToadKiller Dog

I cant believe some folk are dreading the start of the football season ,looking forward to it in fact cant wait .I dont have a clue how this season will go .

this thread gives me only one worry that some of you will turn on him far to quickly if we dont hit the ground running .

In fact its comes across in some post that some folk allready are.

The Puppeteer

Personally I can't wait to get going. The importance of a proper coach/manager cannot be overstated. We have some very decent players, at this moment I'd say we're more than capable of challenging for third. With some quality additions I believe there's a chance we can catch at least one of the old firm on the hop again (Celtic are my favourite for that fate right now).

But then I'm a bit of an optimist - a trait I'd highly recommend some folk on KB try experimenting with!

h-e-a-r-t-s
I'm more worried about the usual suspects hanging around, at last nights game there was Vlad, Rodney, Valdas & Angel. All we need is mad Eddie to complete the set.

Beginning to look more and more that Csaba was the one willing to 'work under the conditions' :(

Imagine coming along to see the team you own play!! Romanov, have a word with yourself!

:rolleyes:

h-e-a-r-t-s
I really reckon our season hinges on the next few days and week building up to the start of the season.

We could get new signings and with them lith duds.

This will prove that csaba is going to be corrupted long term.

There will be new signings and no liths but zalclueless will start the campaign.

We really need a experienced centre half and a goalscorer.

Time will tell I suppose

I am very pessimistic right now.[/QUOTE]

don't worry, you've come to the right place.

Archived