Buffalo Bills Book Launch

Everybody loves Baz

I was horrified to find you very pleasant in real life.

I'm very disappointed in you.

:sad:

its always slightly disconcerting, cos everytime i meet him, he's charming AND smiling!!!!

i want him to be as rotten in reality as online

whats really scares me though is that if baps can be nice, then that means our resident mental health helping freud-alike may be charming too grrrrr

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
maroonlegions

got the book yesterday and iam now on chapter 3, the first 2 chapters have reminded me of my childhood days , just across the road that separates Saughton and Broomhouse in fact i used to sometimes drink in the busybee at 16;), i also remember when there was no Gyle and they were just starting to build the motor way over from Forrester High , they were just corn fields , me and my mates had very happy days on the big bails of hay in the summer sun then, football was our way of life and i was there when Bannon scored with a header to win us promotion , so far the book has got me hooked , its full of things i can relate to , first Hearts game, the buzz of the away games, right now for chapter 3.:dribble:

Dr. Bapswent
its always slightly disconcerting, cos everytime i meet him, he's charming AND smiling!!!!

i want him to be as rotten in reality as online

whats really scares me though is that if baps can be nice, then that means our resident mental health helping freud-alike may be charming too grrrrr

You should hear what I say about you behind your back...

chester copperpot

That avatar's your best one yet. SUPERB.

:rofl:

Chad Sexington

I have a rather nasty hangover, but I was delighted to be told today that my humble publication will be top of the charts as the number one selling book in two branches of Edinburgh Waterstones next week.

It must have taken you ages to make all that space in your garage.

;)

Malcolm Tucker

Gonna go get me a copy tomorrow.

Naturally I will want it signed though. ;)

Gonna go get me a copy tomorrow.

Naturally I will want it signed though. ;)

A signed first edition is always a sound investment :wink:.......

ah but if you're talking about me, you're leaving someone else alone ;)

Everybody loves Baz
Thanks to everyone for coming along and making it a very enjoyable evening.

Thanks to Borthers and Gig who were pimping for me too.

I have a rather nasty hangover, but I was delighted to be told today that my humble publication will be top of the charts as the number one selling book in two branches of Edinburgh Waterstones next week.

Surreal couple of days, but fun.

Thanks again,

...and Baz, Stevie Wonder wants his cardie back.

Buffalo Bill

I thought i was attended a book launch not a ******ing Fashion show ? The amount of personal insults i'm receiving on this thread you would think a mod would step in and suspend these critics,:angry:

FWIW i thought i was wearing a timeless classic on Friday :tongue:

Never got much of a chance to say hello on friday, but bought the book and read it in one sitting today. A good sitting, well done my man, I laughed I cried, your chronicles are a history lesson brought to life, which I do hope eventually reaches more than just us Hearts supporters. The lifes struggles are very uplifting, and I would hope give hope, to others as they have me.

jt

davemclaren
Never got much of a chance to say hello on friday, but bought the book and read it in one sitting today. A good sitting, well done my man, I laughed I cried, your chronicles are a history lesson brought to life, which I do hope eventually reaches more than just us Hearts supporters. The lifes struggles are very uplifting, and I would hope give hope, to others as they have me.

jt

It was good to meet you there. If I ever need a fountain pen fixed I now know where to come. :)

I thought i was attended a book launch not a ******ing Fashion show ? The amount of personal insults i'm receiving on this thread you would think a mod would step in and suspend these critics,:angry:

C'mon Baz not the first time you have had a ripping for wearing a 'timeless classic' is it?? ;)

Dr. Bapswent

Im not sure mustard has even been considered a timeless classic. ;)

Everybody loves Baz

Mods this thread's went waaaaayyyy off topic now, Please delete ;)

Adi Dassler

Sorry i missed it now.

Would have been good to put some faces to names.

Next time Gadget.

Boy!! Some night...just home now.

Many congrats on the book Andy - I've been saving it up till I can give it my undivided attention.

Nice to meet so many other JKBers - a real friendly bunch. 95% of 'em I met for the first time on Friday and was enjoying their company so much I was one of the last to be asked to leave by the security dudes.

And then re-met a couple at the Hull game...seems to be once you've met some you keep seeing them everywhere.

Dr. Bapswent
Boy!! Some night...just home now.

Many congrats on the book Andy - I've been saving it up till I can give it my undivided attention.

Nice to meet so many other JKBers - a real friendly bunch. 95% of 'em I met for the first time on Friday and was enjoying their company so much I was one of the last to be asked to leave by the security dudes.

And then re-met a couple at the Hull game...seems to be once you've met some you keep seeing them everywhere.

Try these...

09510.jpg

I find it works a treat...

A bit late to add this but I also had a smashing night...much amusing chat with KB'ers had and it's great to put a few more faces to the names. Although I have to admit, it was a bit of a surprise to see Skotskosparta at the table...

:biggrin:

Was a good night, was good to put faces to names and that. Think I might've annoyed the main event a bit by pulling him up about nine times for calling Neil MacFarlane dull :ninja:

Bomber Harris

Got to agree with most on here by saying the night went well and after punting myself about amongst the "known faces" i was pleasantly surprised on how small a world this place can be.

I spent around half an hour with one guy and his missus as he is a known face from many a year supporting Hearts as i have nodded in acknowledgement to him many a times so now was the time to converse.

Hearts Hearts Hearts Hearts was the topic and it was enjoyable to talk about Hearts (the old days talk) anyway as it the topic turned into internet talk i casually asked if he was K'ber, to my surprise he wasn't or was but to the fickleness of certain people on "old Kickback" he has remained banned ever since, anyway i admired his savvy on the Hearts and grew jealous of his Hearts memorabillia collection when he eventually disclosed his previous "usernames"....... it was none other than the infamous (my word) Bavid Deckham AKA "John Cormack", some current members may not remember him but how strange a world can be when you picture someone through a keyboard:confused::confused::confused:

Anyway pleasant chat, lovely missus so don't judge a book by it's cover.

Archived