King Billy

The Real Maroonblood

Peter Tatchell certainly had a gay time in Belfast winding them up about King Billy being a poof.

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/uk/39William-of-Orange-was-gay39.4330576.jp

Would this be the same Peter Tatchell who called for the gay age on consent toi be lowered to 14, if so why not refer to him as a paedophile, rather than a gay rights activist?

who is this W***** am gonna smack um in the mouth.

Rick Grimes

I'm lost. Why the outrage from the Orangemen? I thought that was why they had their Pride marches every year...

Commander Harris
Pretty well known that Billy liked the willy.

it is now that the OP has told us at least 4 times :confused:

I'm lost. Why the outrage from the Orangemen? I thought that was why they had their Pride marches every year...

i think he was using it as a gain against gay people , basically saying being gay is right but IT IS WRONG.

Would this be the same Peter Tatchell who called for the gay age on consent toi be lowered to 14, if so why not refer to him as a paedophile, rather than a gay rights activist?

who is this W***** am gonna smack um in the mouth.

What he actually said was that age of consent should be equal for heterosexual and homosexuals and should be lowered to the age of 14 as it is in many other countries.

i think he was using it as a gain against gay people , basically saying being gay is right but IT IS WRONG.

What's wrong with being gay? :wacko:

What he actually said was that age of consent should be equal for heterosexual and homosexuals and should be lowered to the age of 14 as it is in many other countries.

but that would see 14-15 year old stupid lassies going out with men alot lot older?

Rick Grimes

i'll ignore that cos you're just a young fella. you'll grow up in time.

but that would see 14-15 year old stupid lassies going out with men alot lot older?

Not entirely sure what the legalities would be, why not go read what the guy said yourself instead of misrepresenting him.

Rick Grimes

it could do, tho a lot of other countries have the lower ages of consent only between people around a couple of years close to each other. so a 16 yr old might be allowed to sleep with a 14 yr old, but a 26 yr old wouldn't. makes some sense certainly.

but thats just wrong, the lassie would have not progressed i'm presuming she would be a twig, i know people 16-17 who have gon out with people upto the age of 27 would u class that ok?

the consent these days i think doesn't really matter, why ? because alot of people my age and younger are going it, look at the lass 14 years old had a bairn when she was 11

Rick Grimes
i know people 16-17 who have gon out with people upto the age of 27 would u class that ok?

not really, but that's the law as it stands. see my answer above for a possibly better solution.

what about ,

2 people are 15 boy and girl one is turning 16 in say, 1 month and the other in like 4 months the boy turns 16 first it is then illegal to have sex?

King of the North

It's well documented that King Billy was gay and had a string of young male 'friends'.

Can't understand why Unionists are getting so upset about it tbh - you would think that in this day and age nobody would find being gay offensive.

Unless of course they were a bunch of reactionary, outdated bigots - something Ulster Unionists could never be accused of, surely.

alwaysthereinspirit

Who really cares if William of Orifice liked it up the bum.:P

Boys will do boys.

Maybe that famous song gives such an impression...

"Hullo! hullo! We are the Batty Boys"

:peepwall:

heartgarfunkel

Magic, not only was the rampantly gay William of Orange's army full of R.C. mercenaries at the Boyne, as, conversely, James VII's army was replete with Protestant mercenaries, but the Pope celebrated the news of the Boyne with a fireworks display at the Vatican! There is at last some merit in these history-ignoring loyalists - they are non homophobic sexual libertarians celebrating an early exponent of gay love. Good on them.

And how these polyester clad schemesters still jerk and pirouette about the streets with their flutes and drums and King Billy tattoos! Andy Goram loves it all these days, and William would have loved that sort of thing in his private chambers in the 1690s!

Class:dribble:

Geoff Kilpatrick
It's well documented that King Billy was gay and had a string of young male 'friends'.

Can't understand why Unionists are getting so upset about it tbh - you would think that in this day and age nobody would find being gay offensive.

Unless of course they were a bunch of reactionary, outdated bigots - something Ulster Unionists could never be accused of, surely.

Actually, Iris Robinson should argue that it is consistent with her view - "Hate the sin, love the sinner". :)

heartgarfunkel
Actually, Iris Robinson should argue that it is consistent with her view - "Hate the sin, love the sinner". :)

:cheese:

Commander Harris

on the contrary it is not well documented, if it was there wouldn't be such a dispute among historians.

The evidence for amounts to rapid promotions for apparently favoured men and the fact that his queen never conceived.

on the contrary it is not well documented, if it was there wouldn't be such a dispute among historians.

The evidence for amounts to rapid promotions for apparently favoured men and the fact that his queen never conceived.

I think I've worked out why ;)

freddie_mercury.jpg

The Mighty Thor

Some of the comments underneath the article are quality :biggrin:

there's a distinct lack of the paisley road west HSC on this thread.

Has Peter Tatchell touched a raw nerve? ooooh matron!

Geoff Kilpatrick
He was a gay midget.

So was Bonnie Prince Charlie! Does royal in-breeding encourage homosexuality? Maybe John Barrowman should investigate that one!

So was Bonnie Prince Charlie! Does royal in-breeding encourage homosexuality? Maybe John Barrowman should investigate that one!

Barrowman has a gaydar bigger than SETI.

I think it was the fashion to bat for both teams in those days.

Geoff Kilpatrick
"Grand old Derek's Balls"

sing along now....

"...the ass my father wore"

Maybe Build My Gallows is a reference to sado-masochistic bondage?!

jamboinglasgow

As one of my history lecturers told me last year, "For a historian to write a succesful book all he needs to do is take a well held view and twist the evidence a little to book a opposing contraversal view then you have a succesful book. And people will then argue against it and create a bigger buzz about the book."

Historians love to speculate about historical figures and kings and try to point them out as homosexual. And though some were (I'm a pretty sure Edward II was, though makes his death of a red hot poker up his rectum seem like some failed sexual experement.) I have heard some historians suggest Richard I was gay due to the fact that just before leaving on the third crusade he slept in a bed with the french king. However this is more likely to be done as a sign of friendship rather than a night of passion. Also the thinking that they did not concive fails to take into account the idea of infertile kings. In this day we take it for granted that if we have a problem we can get treatment or help to concieve but back them it was different and I think they would hide the fact of an infertitle king as it would be damaging to the kingdom.

As for Peter Tatchell it seems to me he is a man who wants to be punched. He likes provoking the most violent people possible and knows how to hit a nerve. Think he is an attention seeker.

King of the North
As one of my history lecturers told me last year, "For a historian to write a succesful book all he needs to do is take a well held view and twist the evidence a little to book a opposing contraversal view then you have a succesful book. And people will then argue against it and create a bigger buzz about the book."

Historians love to speculate about historical figures and kings and try to point them out as homosexual. And though some were (I'm a pretty sure Edward II was, though makes his death of a red hot poker up his rectum seem like some failed sexual experement.) I have heard some historians suggest Richard I was gay due to the fact that just before leaving on the third crusade he slept in a bed with the french king. However this is more likely to be done as a sign of friendship rather than a night of passion. Also the thinking that they did not concive fails to take into account the idea of infertile kings. In this day we take it for granted that if we have a problem we can get treatment or help to concieve but back them it was different and I think they would hide the fact of an infertitle king as it would be damaging to the kingdom.

As for Peter Tatchell it seems to me he is a man who wants to be punched. He likes provoking the most violent people possible and knows how to hit a nerve. Think he is an attention seeker.

To be fair, Peter Tatchell only made his remarks in response to a DUP politician who claimed homosexuality was an abomination.

Its amazing how many people seem keen to refute what are fairly widely known 'facts' about King William's homosexuality. Who cares if he was? Most of the evidence suggests he was, and the only people that seem to be upset by it are the DUP and their ilk. Good.

Personally, I find the idea of a load of bigots getting all hot under the collar about this most amusing. Well done Peter Tatchell, and indeed well done Billy for his backdoor shenanigans in the first place - you go girl!

jamboinglasgow
To be fair, Peter Tatchell only made his remarks in response to a DUP politician who claimed homosexuality was an abomination.

Its amazing how many people seem keen to refute what are fairly widely known 'facts' about King William's homosexuality. Who cares if he was? Most of the evidence suggests he was, and the only people that seem to be upset by it are the DUP and their ilk. Good.

Personally, I find the idea of a load of bigots getting all hot under the collar about this most amusing. Well done Peter Tatchell, and indeed well done Billy for his backdoor shenanigans in the first place - you go girl!

Ah that is fair enough then. Did not know thats why he said it.

I have heard these facts about William but then again I have never really studied him in history. And for me I dont really care about what sexualty a historial person, what is more interesting is their effect on history.

Commander Harris

personally I couldn't care less what William III got up to, he means absolutely nothing to me. But simply on a factual point, it is not something that can be conclusively stated. He may have been, but he might not have been too.

King of the North
Ah that is fair enough then. Did not know thats why he said it.

I have heard these facts about William but then again I have never really studied him in history. And for me I dont really care about what sexualty a historial person, what is more interesting is their effect on history.

King William did indeed have a massive, massive impact on the future of this country. I am sure he would be horrified that he had become the poster boy for a bunch of buckie swilling hun bigot neds.

Geoff Kilpatrick
King William did indeed have a massive, massive impact on the future of this country. I am sure he would be horrified that he had become the poster boy for a bunch of buckie swilling hun bigot neds.

That's a little bit of a sweeping generalisation!

People in Ireland, North and South, have a very fine recollection of history. Those people who "hail" the Dutchman tend to hail what he stood for, viz. the Glorious Revolution and Civil and Religious Liberty.

Of course, it is also true that a lot of the same people will then overlook the Penal Laws passed by the Dublin parliament after the Treaty of Limerick in 1691 but by then, William was a bit busy with other things, such as arranging the massacre at Glencoe and forming the Bank of England.

But yes, it is sad if the DUP are getting worked up about whether he was gay or not.

Don't forget the gay pride activists, i'm sure he would have thought they were fabulous. :P

Don't forget the gay pride activists, i'm sure he would have thought they were fabulous. :P

I thought the first gay pride march was just mimicking the orange pride marching season?

I thought the first gay pride march was just mimicking the orange pride marching season?

And to this day, they march gaily through the streets, beating their little drums and showing their pride in their love of the boaby, just as their hero Willy did so many years before.

That's devotion for you.

Guest S.U.S.S.

Do you ever take a day off trolling or trying to start bother on here?

Its getting harder to find a post of yours that doesnt mention the word bigot.

Wonder why that is.

Archived