Hearts fined

RENE

Our disiciplinary record was nothing short of shocking and it MUST be a major issue with the new regime

However funny how again Celtic and Rangers 'cleanest' 2 clubs

The entire association is corrupt and ugly to the core!

colinmaroon

I wonder if they still included the ridiculous bookings that we received up until even the Weegie Media started noticing the "injustices"???

No!!! Hang on a minute! I don't wonder at all!!!

Maybe if the players had some discipline at training this wouldn't keep happening! Mind you, I don't think Hearts's discipline was any worse than anyone elses, Half the time they were booked for fekall while other teams were getting away with pretty much the same things!

Commander Harris
It's all the SFA and the media monkeys faults. :P

I agree that our indiscipline last season is no one fault but the club itself.

Having said that I think it says a lot that Rangers and Celtic are the two "cleanest" clubs(if what i8 says above is accurate.)

One can believe that referees will generally look more favourably on incidents involving old firm players without thinking there is a huge conspiracy against Hearts.

Buffalo Bill

**** them.

**** the three of them.

Buffalo Bill

Guest JamboRobbo
I agree that our indiscipline last season is no one fault but the club itself.

Having said that I think it says a lot that Rangers and Celtic are the two "cleanest" clubs(if what i8 says above is accurate.)

One can believe that referees will generally look more favourably on incidents involving old firm players without thinking there is a huge conspiracy against Hearts.

Discipline is one area where I expect Csaba to sort us right out. Not that it was ever our fault anyway. ;)

Carl Spackler

That was always going to happen.

There was a great deal to regret last season but also a great number of decisions that should have been struck off also, not just for Hearts.

Has there been any progress in professionalising refereeing following Craig Levein's assertions last season or is it business as usual?

I thought our discipline for the four months between the Elliot and Glen sendings off was extremely good, an improvement (instigated by Frail it would seem) that has clearly not been noted by the SFA.

TBH, Hearts discipline has been an issue ever since I started watching them in 1983, we always seem to be near the bottom of the fair play table.

Are we single handedly keeping the SFA liquid?

How much has been wheel barrowed across to them since Vlad arrived?

No surprise and there should be no complaints either,the SFA told HMFC time and time again(probably given more warnings than any other club) that if the disciplinary record was shocking and to make changes or else,did Hearts take the warnings on board,did they feck.

I thought our discipline for the four months between the Elliot and Glen sendings off was extremely good, an improvement (instigated by Frail it would seem) that has clearly not been noted by the SFA. TBH, Hearts discipline has been an issue ever since I started watching them in 1983, we always seem to be near the bottom of the fair play table.

Erm,3 sent off in one game AFTER Frail had been told he was incharge,not very good reading is it.

Our disiciplinary record was nothing short of shocking and it MUST be a major issue with the new regime

Agree 100% - Basic indiscipline is costing us, irrespective of the oddities. see below.

However funny how again Celtic and Rangers 'cleanest' 2 clubs

And if it wasn't for Brown and Thomson, they could probably go through a whole season without suspensions. That said, when even the refs themselves come out and say they ref 'Old Firm' games differently you have to wonder.Shouldn't they just go the whole hog and say we referee the old firm differently. And I don't mean Rangers from Celtic

The entire association is corrupt and ugly to the core!

See above

Erm,3 sent off in one game LESS THAN 24 HOURS AFTER Frail had been told he was incharge,not very good reading is it.

Come on be fair - have added some context - to your claim

Frail had sod all time to do anything in advance of that game let alone reverse a discipline problem that had been evolving over 2 and a half years

Erm,3 sent off in one game AFTER Frail had been told he was incharge,not very good reading is it.

That game was not between the Elliot and Glen sendings off. Frail's first game was a disciplinary disaster followed by Elliot being sent off in his second game. After that there was a noticable improvement in discipline, not that you would notice.

That game was not between the Elliot and Glen sendings off. Frail's first game was a disciplinary disaster followed by Elliot being sent off in his second game. After that there was a noticable improvement in discipline, not that you would notice.

How do you get that?

Boab Mugabe

Fully merited last season. Dishonourable mentions of idiocy on the pitch go to Clum, Zaliukas, Stewart and Nade.

Fully merited last season. Dishonourable mentions of idiocy on the pitch go to Clum, Zaliukas, Stewart and Nade.

I agree with that statement.

Chad Sexington

Meh.

It's loose change to Vlad. Not even a months wages for Pinilla. :rolleyes:

Our record was atrocious last season though and I expect to see a big improvement under Csaba.

Bet Raman goes with it as the top sport story.

Hope the wee nyaff on Reporting Scotland gets a paper cut when he waves his arms about when talks about it.

Bet McVicar is rubbing his hands in glee.

For those who think that it will improve under Csaba - get real. It's the same refs that issue the cards folks.

Feck, forgot about about the Huns playing Raith on Saturday. That was ALWAYS going to be the STV top story.

Still, we got in there before the Barca highlights!!

chester copperpot

Wasn't the hobbits disciplinary record worse than ours, or am I making that up?

Are you saying we were treated the same as every other team in the league (or even in the same game)?

Our disciplinery record was shocking last season and a lot of that was down to indiscepline of the players, but imo we were as sure as hell treated a lot more harshly than other teams.

grumpyespana

Our discipline is shocking but if I was Vlad I would make the players involved pay our fine instead of the club.

Grumpy.

What , the young ? scottish ? flair ? team fae leef

;)

Cant see that being an issue under Csaba.

I know what you mean, but how is Csaba going to stop the likes of Kingston being booked for attempting to take a quick free kick?

$ilvery_Moon

Has there been any progress in professionalising refereeing following Craig Levein's assertions last season or is it business as usual?

That needs resurfacing. I don't think anything has happened as far as I'm aware.

ToadKiller Dog

I think you are right but our fine was multiplied over 3 seasons.

Commander Harris
I know what you mean, but how is Csaba going to stop the likes of Kingston being booked for attempting to take a quick free kick?

he can't. He might be able to stop the likes of Elliot getting sent off twice for being a petulant wee radge though.

chester copperpot
I think you are right but our fine was multiplied over 3 seasons.

Thought so, just wasn't sure, on both fronts. :fing25:

he can't. He might be able to stop the likes of Elliot getting sent off twice for being a petulant wee radge though.

Hopefully by not playing him. ;)

colinmaroon

No!!! As I said, even the Media were rustled out of their stupor!!!

It is a combination of indiscipline, greatly augmented by incompetency/bias by match officials!!!

Or have you conveniently forgotten the witchhunt against the Lithuanian players, as at Pittodrie for example?

Drylaw Hearts
Are you saying we were treated the same as every other team in the league (or even in the same game)?

Our disciplinery record was shocking last season and a lot of that was down to indiscepline of the players, but imo we were as sure as hell treated a lot more harshly than other teams.

If you asked Hibs and Falkirk fans the same question they'd probably disagree with you.

Discipline starts from the top. Romanov has set a terrible example since he took over the club and his decisions have directly led to us not having any sort of cohesive management structure. Therefore players at all levels have got away with whatever they want and have shown a lack of discipline on and off the pitch. Hopefully Csaba will change things (though I have my doubts he will be around long enough) but the fine for last season is totally justified.

If you asked Hibs and Falkirk fans the same question they'd probably disagree with you.

I have, along with Rangers, Celtic and Motherwell fans and they all tend to agree we have had a raw deal compared with most.

4 or 5 year ago, i would say we were shafted when playing the old-firm just like most clubs are, but versus the rest the decisions tended to even themselves out, over the last couple of years i and a lot of others have found that to be no longer the case.

What i don't understand is that according to sky sports the hobos were also fined, but only ?10,000.

Hearts had 75 yellows and 9 reds.

Hibs had 74 yellows and 9 reds.

Does anyone know why we have been fined quadruple what they have, with only one more yellow card?

Commander Harris
What i don't understand is that according to sky sports the hobos were also fined, but only ?10,000.

Hearts had 75 yellows and 9 reds.

Hibs had 74 yellows and 9 reds.

Does anyone know why we have been fined quadruple what they have, with only one more yellow card?

I think it accumulates if a team is indisciplined over a number of years.

Paranoia reigns.

Yep, the amount of times we seen players from other teams booked for attempting the quick free kick, the amount of times Ferguson was booked/sent off for raising his hands to an opponent, how the Falkirk player who kicked out at Elliot escaped a sending off.

Commander Harris

found this on a rangers board :eek: (I washed my hands afterwards)

Hibs' record is arguably worse...and they are fined 1/4 what Hearts are. More vindication of Romanov's accusations against the way Scottish football is run.

that from a Rangers fan.

John Findlay

Is the the amount of fine deserved. In my opinion yes but accept that it is open to debate.

Secondly I hope Hearts pay it with no fuss or bother.

Personally though I will be watching as intent as ever to the bookings and sending offs Hearts will receive next season and seeing how they compare with that of other teams.

I personally do believe that players of both Celtic and Rangers are showing far more leniency than those of the other ten teams in the league. There is no excuse for this as the rules are meant to apply to all equally and to be implemented equally. This is where the problem lies as they are clearly not.

John

I think it is a reality check for both HMFC and some of the players who on occasions performed like spolit kids.

Stick to the rules - whether the ref is right or wrong - no point of arguing.

And if it was football inability that caused the pointless fouls - hopefully these players will be shown either the door or change.

alwaysthereinspirit
How many bookings and red cards where unjust tho? ****ing stinking

That's the real issue here. How much less is the fine for 2 less reds and 10 less yellow.

I remember Kingston getting booked for taking a quick freekick.

Yeh, that was a potential tinderbox situation right enough :rolleyes: and you really have to give the Ref 10/10 for stopping the game getting out of hand at that point :wacko:

Absolute nonsense of a decision IMO and I've not seen the like since.

Was it also just a coincidence that Larry had recently been involved in a high profile 'spat' with one of the Refs colleagues ?

Archived